waveknave
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

where'd Fo go??

Postby waveknave » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:00 am

hey, so was the fo banished again?

thats too bad if he was,,, one of the most entertaining members here.

Celine
Medium Poster

Re: where'd Fo go??

Postby Celine » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:18 am

Really - Even if he is abrasive he does have some interesting opinions. He's not always right but its good to have a bit of diversity in opinion - otherwise we all end up with the same old politically correct opinion of the day, which may not be right either.

Isn't it better to have a richer debate rather than to filter out the dissenting voices?

OK - it would be nice if everyone could be a little more tolerant etc. - but at the end of the day I don't come on here to change anyone else - just to inform myself. Theres not much point doing that if I just hear the same old story that everyone else is saying just becasue its the accepted logic of the day. The world is flat....

And Blowhard - is he gone too?

ryuu
Medium Poster
Local Beach: local mud holes called lakes
Gear: lf

Postby ryuu » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:07 pm

Where did who goooo?

Most likely on vacation/kite trip. I don't want to see a computer when I'm on vacation!

Once you get past the presentation he has some very valid and helpful information.
What I like is that you know where he stands and he doesn't have a hiden agenda.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:07 pm

there is nothing wrong with his opinion, which was good for discussions in many ways.
But there is something wrong with his attitude towards other people, leading to many disrespecting comments. Many people took this long enough, and it was time to act after receiving many complains.

And since there are so many different people on here, everyone can shout out their opinion and come up with the same arguments as fo, but for sure those show more respect towards the other users of this site, which is a keypoint for a friendly atmosphere on here.

And I don't think it is fun to treat people without respect, everyone should have it towards anyone, if you agree with his/her opinion or not.

The discussion on here wants to have different opinions and views to make things better, but without respect things just get worse, and the forum is here to make things better for all of us.

Greets
Toby

suRff
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: my lifestyle

Postby suRff » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:14 pm

ban the comical rabble rousers and i suspect your page-views / ad revenue will drop. nothing wrong with a bit of heated discussion and comic relief in between all the techy mumbo jumbo imho..

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:17 pm

having more page views/ad revenues because someone disrespects other people?

Not my way, sorry!

blowhard
Very Frequent Poster

Postby blowhard » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:27 pm

Toby wrote:having more page views/ad revenues because someone disrespects other people?

Not my way, sorry!
It's not hard to believe that little revenue is generated here

RESPECT IS EARNED

Stupid opinions are stupid

About the only good thing about this forum WAS the right to call BS, BS

the pimpin and hoing is off the charts

so everybody enjoy your piece of shit that you bought
if it gives you trouble
You are an idiot
the product is fine.

Maybe this is too commercial of a site
for ANY scutiny

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:36 pm

again, nothing against opinions, just about how to treat other people.

And the majority of people I know and meet all show respect towards others and their opinions.

blowhard
Very Frequent Poster

Postby blowhard » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:57 pm

Toby wrote:again, nothing against opinions, just about how to treat other people.

And the majority of people I know and meet all show respect towards others and their opinions.
well those are just the people you know
they are like the people I know as well

Doesn't make them the ONLY people

I'm just guessing that some others are different
as I said before

it's your ball take it and run with it

surf-turkey

Postby surf-turkey » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:12 pm

Wow, this is really lame. Fo was one of the best posters on here. His ideas were solid and pretty bang on with alot of things. He should be left to his opinion regardless of whether some people get worked up over his approach or not. I find it very interesting that Fo got banned but if you go to the facebook group 'say no to kiteforum' and take a browse through the members profiles you will find a number of people that belong to to it and who post and advertise on kiteforum like Shannon Best. I would think that this would be the biggest form of disrespect as it is directed completely at the efforts of you Toby and your website overall. Yet, I guess bottom line prevails yet again as long as they are paying into the site they can disrespect you wherever and whenever they want. If you're going to hold to the ideal of being disrespectful to others is unacceptable, then I suggest you pull Bests ads and all the other company riders who are members of the facebook group and let them know that that kind of disrespect is not welcome and so neither are they or the companies they represent.

Since most countries believe in democracy how about a post to see how many people support having Fo around on this site and how many don't and let the users that pay the bills decide rather than a few whiney bitches who complain making the decisons.

Return to “Kitesurfing”