Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: 09 Eclipse Kima's, Surfboard
Brand Affiliation: None ride what I like
Has thanked: 0

Re: where'd Fo go??

Postby Kevin Salter » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:19 pm

Windrider wrote:
Kevin Salter wrote:Earlier in this thread some one made the point that none of us were defending Fo or his posts and opinions,,,,,,,,,,we were simply questioning if some one should be banned cos of other members bleating.
I would expect that would be the best reason for banning.... 'cause of other members bleating... i.e. otherwise it would just be singularly subjective decision making.... If enough people are complaining about a particular member's behavior... and the moderator approaches the person with requests for behavioral modification... and the person responds with rowdy, combative challenges with continued affronts.... with the result being exile.... that sounds like fair process to me....

What else would you recommend?
That if forum users didn't get drawn in to conflict they would have nothing to bleat about.

Doesn't it take two to tango ?? or two parties for conflict??

A lot of the conflict between Fo and others has been over a difference of opinion re safety issues.

You could argue that Fo's OT approach was a balance to the other OT approach.

Kite surfing is a risky sport, like a lot of extreme sports and no amount of safety measures are going to stop people from making the wrong decision in that split second that matters.
Basically under all the bluff and B/S this was one point Fo was trying to make as a balance against other views.

So is it right to shoot the messenger if you don't like the message or miss the point??

If you choose to let yourself be a victim do you have the right to bleat??

Dunno,,,,,,,,,,just some thoughts 8)

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:43 pm

A lot of the conflict between Fo and others has been over a difference of opinion re safety issues.
that is not the problem, and that's not why he has been banned for!

See the quotes and PM's to other users posted before...that is the reason!

Without that, he would be still on.

And if he had such things on other sites, e.g. big ones like myspace etc, he would have been sued by those sites for sure for doing things like this.

But what is funny: everyone who criticizes now, should have rather replied with their point of view, if they don't agree with things if it comes to safety. There is no need for a Fo if you have an opinion like his too, just post it. This would just result into a better discussion and lead to more solutions for our sport, and leaves the unnecessary insults away.

It is up to you know! Don't hide!

Kevin Salter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: 09 Eclipse Kima's, Surfboard
Brand Affiliation: None ride what I like

Postby Kevin Salter » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:52 am

Meant to say before that no criticism of you Toby,,, just some questions.
I guess you are caught between a rock and a hard place.
If say 15 members are unhappy with Fo and say 200 members thought he added a bit of spice and made some good points , the I guess you only get to hear the squeaky wheel, and thats what gets the oil.

So if that was the case then a minority would have hijacked the majority . I guess that is the point I was trying to make, but it is your forum and your call at the end of the day!!!

Re the posts on safety etc I choose not to get into it cos of the reaction you see on the threads towards the likes of Fo who dared to question some of the self appointed authorities so to speak.

But hey I have no axe to grind with any one and have said all I want to on the subject of Fo.

:thumb: :thumb:
Last edited by Kevin Salter on Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BullsShit.com
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Moks', Kailua, Town
Favorite Beaches: Town
Style: old school
Gear: Eclipse Thruster 8, 12. Nano 6
Underground 128 /39 (custom) 07(08)
Mystic harness, Blue Planet shorts, Off Da Lip rash guard
Victoria Secret under wear
Brand Affiliation: being a good friend
Been thanked: 0

Postby BullsShit.com » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:46 am

Fo is busy kiteboarding.
He must have some wind where ever he is; not here, that's for sure.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:20 pm

to make the example a bit clearer:

is it ok, if a guy gets beaten up, while 200 stand around and enjoy the guy beaten up for their amusement?

No.

Same if someone shows such disrespect for someone who has a different opinion. As you can read he also threatened other people via PM.

So, I hope people will be more active if they think something someone posts is not true or should be done in a different way. Just speak up and write what you think, without insulting someone else. It is simple and doable, as you can see in the majority of discussions.

Greets
Toby

suRff
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: my lifestyle

Postby suRff » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:53 pm

KiteboardingTampaBay wrote:Surff-
I edited it to keep from getting banned on here and on FKSA.
I am not well liked by some of those in the industry, as I tend to point out things I see as bad for the sport.

Why do I care?
Since most communication among kiters is through forums, I am forced to play by the rules. Getting myself banned doesn't help our cause and makes getting the word out that much harder...

Our locals have set up a safety-based, true non-profit, that kiters can be proud of and get real benefits from. It rewards kiters on their beach for being safe, having fun, and for doing good deeds in their community, such as beach cleanups and youth mentoring programs.(Our last local event had a day at the beach for 85 foster home kids and staff, some of whom had never even seen the beach before! They spent the day in the water with our local kiters, surfers, and windsurfers learning water sports and had a great cookout.
Best event I have ever attended, hands down.
Those kids would agree.
Its a simple thing to do, helps people, and can easily begin to change the image of our sport.
I am looking forward to the day we have a nice website to share all this information with all of you, its good stuff! (any web guys wanna donate some time to a good cause?)
Rest assured, it will truly be "By Kiters, For Kiters" with no need for moderators.
Feel free to contact me if you have an existing association or would like to set one up in your area.

kiteboardingtampabay, from what i remember of your post it seemed reasonable. something to the effect that it was a lame move of the banner to post the actual name of the banned.. and that you had a problem with the said banner making his public case for banning without giving the banned a chance to respond. seemed reasonable to object to in my book. amazing how quick the said banner had his people on you. strikes me as slightly paranoid,, but then i don't know all the details and im guessing there are commercial interests involved...

anyways,, i digress,,, my humble apologies to the moderator for calling him lame for deleting a post. turns out he did not delete it. i think it's a mistake to ban,, kiteforum did/does a reasonable job moderating itself.
Last edited by suRff on Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blowhard
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby blowhard » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:30 pm

Toby wrote:to make the example a bit clearer:

is it ok, if a guy gets beaten up, while 200 stand around and enjoy the guy beaten up for their amusement?

No.

Same if someone shows such disrespect for someone who has a different opinion. As you can read he also threatened other people via PM.

So, I hope people will be more active if they think something someone posts is not true or should be done in a different way. Just speak up and write what you think, without insulting someone else. It is simple and doable, as you can see in the majority of discussions.

Greets
Toby
Well he is a very over the top dude
NO doubt
We are not privy to all the PM"S
If they are threatening with violence
that's no good
Threats of violence (which I don't recall)
can be responded to in a deadly manner
and we don't need that.

I'm not sure he could or would agree to tone it down
There does seem to be a bit of obsession with certain posters on his part
I think though that he is very toned down as time has went on
I think there is more support for him than detractors
doesn't make it right
though.
Why not let him speak for himself one more time and see if he is willing to
fit in with the forum agenda.
Flaming everyone who doesn't agree is not cool
but the substance of his posts is hard to deny.

What about it Fo can you rachet it down a notch?
I bet he would stick to an agreement

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:22 pm

Maybe he can return in a "half-life"
defaulted to "foe"
fo by subscription? :lol:
Maybe some would even pay for this "abuse"
Could be a new business opportunity....
Though, if he does return, I think the bad words and abuse of punctuation from the old days were more entertaining than the recent ones that looked like legal pleadings and ate too much screen space....

blowhard
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby blowhard » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:33 pm

RickI wrote:This may be the third or fourth time he's been banned, hard to keep count. I think the reason he got flushed this time is he told the wrong person to "F-off" not me either. That has happened dozens of times over the years with no bans. Here's some of all this wisdom I keep hearing about from posts over the years. People really don't believe that do they? The guy is a troll with no interest in you or our sport beyond that. How can informed people conclude otherwise?

Stay the f*** away from me d-wad, you dip-shit, you pompous, stupid, mother-f-er

Fess up FIX YOURSELF or we are done,, u d-wads
This is why you shit for brains mofo's got a fuckin problem,,,
I would not give a shit,,,, but ,,,your fucin me in the process
Now i don't care if you respond and say ok fo I'll try
Im just sick to fucin death of listen to you assholes preach safety
Then go fuc up and the heat on the rest of us
I better stop,, you dicks a startin to piss me off

The promo angle fucking sucks for those who already have a clue. It's d-wad bait,,,we got enough (read: too many) d-wads already

Suggestion? kill yourself, just give it up...Bam !! blow your brains out, save everyone the aggravation. The vast majority of kiters are d-wads, yes and quite lame or if you'd prefer "innocent".

I don't mind folks being queer...
But sucking your own dick in public and then trying to play the homophobe aint cutting it.
If you're so anti fuc-wit why don't you shoot yourself?

Triple mother-f*** that idea,,,
Good kiters are just has theatening to my accsess as new kiters...
Triple mother-f*** that idea,,,
Money to who??
Mother-f*** making it about beach lords,, a pay-offs...
(respect my authorite ! no mother I love you and your authorite)
Fucking make it about money and someone is going to die...

Money grubbing fuc-wads,, ashole mofo pon pom wavers,,,f*** those carpetbagger dudes,

It's fine that you wish to kite and wear a hemet out of guilt but don't be playing Mr. Righteious,,
I just don't buy into that kind of crap.

Is you a college grad?
Can you fucking add??
I'm afraid, you lack the tools if you need to ask how...
Go fuck yourself,,,

O' no,,,
Not the Tob-stir too,,,
fuc-me,,,,O' woe is me...
O' dear,,,
You looking fo trouble Kraut boy?
lol,,
It's Black day when the Tob-stir himself starts yanking the chain...

There out there on a national level spewing bulshit advice and making
fool promises like,,you'll be drag into the water, you won't be lofted, the
bar will be ripped from your hands..etc.
These safety experts are a public hazzard, they believe what they say
They think it's a good thing, they want the fame and the money.
Ego and money that's what will get us banned.

pussy bars,,,pussy kites,,pussy style...
Rad bad, sad glad,,,,yeah,,,,this'll work lol,,,
Be all that you can be,,,hand me my slider wax jake, I'm bout to bust a move,,,got the camera ready???
I bet I'll make the cover,,,that is if I make it...
Hey,, rock-on with your cautionary cause...
as if,, f***-me,,as if

(May I have your attention please...)
You're all meatheads...
Fuc-jobs with a death wish...
(May I have your attention please...)
You're all meatheads...
Fuc-jobs with a death wish...

Looks like little fo is not getting enough attention on this forum.
He's spending more and more time doing what he does best at http://www.seabreeze.com.au - being a fucking troll
I'm tired of keeping him dancing. Can someone do that job for me???

The kite is much better at explaining than any pimpled dumb-fuc advocating pussy lessons.
Deepwater training with a kick-ass enabled (a kite you can actually kitesurf with ) kite is a Premium safety lesson and a actual (get your monies worth) boon to the rookie.

The kite is much better at explaining than any pimpled dumb-fuc advocating pussy lessons.

some drug crazed braindead loser, or a Kite shop owner..
BE SMART PAY THE MAN
fucking foolkiten,,ashole fuc-wad LOSER

On rick,it was his methods I questioned, and those vector stats spoke of a delusional veiw point,,,,couldn't help that,,,,
I like to swear,,, fuc-wad

Lawyers, insurrance companies, you fuc-wads just go kite, all you who crave authority can bite me.

not you rick you're all about safety and getting together for group hugs,you other guys, the ones with the pamphets you bite me.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2303867

OK, you dumb ass mother fuckers,
When you are ready YOU FUCKING KNUCKLE HEADS you can grab the high side of the bar and launch.
WHY DON"T YOU KNOW THIS TRICK?????
I know why BECAUSE YOUR FUCKING DUMB ASSES.
mother fuckers

Your a nice guy Rick but this sort of thing is just not cool. It's called denial.
I'm no saint but I do try to work the facts only, and let the chips fall where they may.
PPS Your diagram for a low kite in side on wid is pure horse shit.
Think it over Rick you may need a break to get your focus back
you do more harm than good when you're sick.

Rick wants to please everybody, (he is a caring soul) he is a caring soul in conflict.
Read our last encounter over his proposed promotional picture lemur and a rookie in bindings launching side by side? Lame? Ahh,, no cute. Get a clue Steve, Rick wants to grow kiting. Why? I do not wish to speculate. Finally every first week in kiting is the same for the new bee now as it was for you back then, you are alone with the kite and the wind etc. yes the info is good, God bless Rick, and no I am not going away till you admit kiting is not something to promote in mass. NO kiting is for us folks who seek the rush and my fight is to tell it like it is, if you are going to risk your safety then you deserve to know the truth.

So hook your mom up dude, and tell her she can manage the risk,,and if she gets diged up or dead tell her fokiten thinks your an idiot ,,and she was a fool for having a polite respect for a monster sport ,, hey,, find a way to get a clue,, real is real,,,like it or not,,,So if you got a problem with what I say hook your mom up,,,,and see how it works out????ahhh,,your an idiot with a language problem,,,I have a language problem with you idiots !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GET IT ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I guess not,,so go hook your mom up!!!!!!! and get back to me!!! MR I'm so absoluty innune to danger,,,MR. I can Handle it,,MR. not me MR. pure,,MR,,arcsrule,,,
go hook your mom up ,,, DUDE if your so sure about this,,,,
if not,,,KISS MY ASS,,
fuc-wad

Hi rick,,
just a note to say how glad I am that you have come to the relazation that kiteboarding is potentially dangerious to even the most expereienced among us,,,And with this realesation< SP) have adopted my veiw that inticing innocent guys and gals into kiting by hype, subjecting them to this danger for financial interests, calling them safety lessons,,,,is about the most morally bankcrupt plan I know of,,,

I arrive at the,,,, up-yours-kiss-my-ass phase,,, in mear seconds,, when confronted with a peusdo-mofo-know-it-all-respect-my a-thor-i-y kite association figure,,,,,fuc-you,,,d-wad,,,,like in seconds,,,
I quess Im just not one for associations,,,Im associated with the get the fuc-out of my face,,,theroy of kiteing,,,

I know that rick is number safety info guy,,GREAT,,thank you,
I also know (seems to me) He wants to Hype kiting at the same time,,,,
This is freakin me out,,,,I mean I can see the add,,,,seeing is beiliving,,,
Yet he sounds like the safety guy,,,and looks like the Hype dude,,
This keeps me on the fence with,Rick,,,what is in your head???
Sorry forum,,I know this is unpleasent,,but it is also,,a life/death issue
You dragged me out rick,,I was content just to ignore you,,
Are we on the same page,,ehhh??
Do you understand this fine point,,Do you?

What the fuc is your problem,,,,who the fuc are you to sit back
and critizie any one MOFO,,,
Shape the fuc up,,a=hole

An open letter to Rick Iossi ...

ENOUGH. This could go on for a dozen more pages.

There is way too much b.s. in the world. Why would anyone crave more and like this? Don't bother answering. He will be back no doubt for the fourth or fifth time to spread more of this wisdom and insight for the bored and impressionable.

Well this appears to be a Made up by RickI
somebody link the actual please "Be careful very careful"
an open letter to Rick i is nothing like this and is very civil on Fo's part

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:15 pm

"Here's some of all this wisdom I keep hearing about from posts over the years."

... means from from POSTS (lots) over the years. I stopped arbitrarily at the title of the open letter, the text quotes above that were from many other unrelated posts over the years, as I said. There are hundreds of similar posts so why continue?

Please read this stuff before attacking so you can do so more effectively.

Here's a quote from another post from SIX years ago, nothing seems to change.

"The one thing that I would like to say to FO is this: why why why do you insist on attacking Rick? He is doing something that requires so much effort, so much motivation, and for what? Money? Recognition? Fame? Too much time on his hands? NO no no!! ED-U-CATION!!! In-for-mation. There are tons of cliches out there about how information is power, blah blah blah. BUT IT IS TRUE, the more you read, the more you think, the more your mind registers, no matter if you think that you are registering it consciously or not, thus you will know more. If you hear it over and over and over and over and over and over again, it WILL go in. So sometimes there are points that you don't agree with, or you have better ideas, or you choose to ignore them. That is your choice, but trust me, by reading every report about how someone was injured, or killed, something goes in, something is retained, and if there is even a one in a million chance that some of this information will one day help you, aid your decisions, or possibly save your life, then it is worth it. And if it scares others from our sport, who are wanting to get into it, or have just gotten into it, and they take up knitting instead - it is for the best, it has probably saved their lives. People who are not willing to accept the fact that by kiteboarding they are, or will at some stage, even though they may never know it or be aware of it, endanger their lives, should be scared away from this sport, as they can do themselves and us no good.

As for authorities banning kiting, etc, it is likely to happen in certain places, if the death toll keeps rising. This would be a pity, so it is advisable to read Rick's posts, take in what you will, but keep an open mind..."

All this stuff is factual, not whining it's history, directly quoted from the forum. Most of the whining I'm hearing is coming from advocates for a return to the way things were. Not to worry, it will likely return again as it has so many times before. Compulsions are like that.

Try to build something like viewforum.php?f=131 or tear it apart with malice for entertainment. Flaming can consume what it is aimed at leaving little.
Constructive input is a totally different matter. That is a better way to evolve knowledge and improve things. Many years of constructive input has gone into creating what we know and do today. It's a group project, always has been and always will be.

RickI wrote:This may be the third or fourth time he's been banned, hard to keep count. I think the reason he got flushed this time is he told the wrong person to "F-off" not me either. That has happened dozens of times over the years with no bans. Here's some of all this wisdom I keep hearing about from posts over the years. People really don't believe that do they? The guy is a troll with no interest in you or our sport beyond that. How can informed people conclude otherwise?
Last edited by RickI on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”