Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Why are posts about Switch kites deleted? Shame on you Toby!

Forum for kitesurfers
Jdizzle
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Marazion and Gwithian
Favorite Beaches: Marazion
Style: Bebinner
Gear: Ozone
Brand Affiliation: Ozone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Why are posts about Switch kites deleted? Shame on you Toby!

Postby Jdizzle » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:25 pm

Shocking! A public forum to openly share opinions...yea right! Talk about hidden agendas! How much do Switch have to pay you to allow their posts :lol:
Last edited by Jdizzle on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Why are Switch kites posts being deleted? Shame on you T

Postby tautologies » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:33 pm

Jdizzle wrote:Shocking! A public forum to openly share opinions...yea right! Talk about hidden agendas! How much do Switch have to pay you to allow there posts :lol:

You can criticize this forum for a lot, but man am I glad those stupid posts are deleted. Here is why:

They do not contribute.

Yes there is a lot of "pimping" on this forum, but most of the Switch posts are only distracting. If they had been contributing in the same way that kite-designer Bill was in a thread, then no problem, but most of them are in form of
someone asking for advice between two specific kites..not switch, and then a switch rider comes in " think out of the box and switch".."I have switched will you?" etc. etc...coming up with the same regurgitated stuff that most new brands have been through as if it was new. Build by riders for riders...etc.

The point is that if you contribute to the forum constructively then I am sure Toby will let the posts stay. If they are advertisements just to fill your teamrider quota as per the team rider policy at Switch then it might be deleted.

Jdizzle
Frequent Poster

Postby Jdizzle » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:56 pm

tautologies wrote:
Jdizzle wrote:Shocking! A public forum to openly share opinions...yea right! Talk about hidden agendas! How much do Switch have to pay you to allow there posts :lol:

You can criticize this forum for a lot, but man am I glad those stupid posts are deleted. Here is why:

They do not contribute.

Yes there is a lot of "pimping" on this forum, but most of the Switch posts are only distracting. If they had been contributing in the same way that kite-designer Bill was in a thread, then no problem, but most of them are in form of
someone asking for advice between two specific kites..not switch, and then a switch rider comes in " think out of the box and switch".."I have switched will you?" etc. etc...coming up with the same regurgitated stuff that most new brands have been through as if it was new. Build by riders for riders...etc.

The point is that if you contribute to the forum constructively then I am sure Toby will let the posts stay. If they are advertisements just to fill your teamrider quota as per the team rider policy at Switch then it might be deleted.

Dude, over 90% of the posts I see on here are what you describe as 'not contributing'. Why discriminate? People are always harping on about how good their kites are...

Contributing to what exactly anyway? This forum is only a bit of entertainment for people, who cares? You? :lol:

Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dr_Rosen » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:04 pm

I recommend deleting this post immediately !!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2373151

But then again, that would probably be to discriminate Gay behaviour :rollgrin:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:07 pm

Well, no I am not particularly impacted by the posts, I just think when it is a company policy that users have to contribute it can wrong.

Look at your posting history. You participate in a lot of different topics, you seem pretty interested in kiting, and to me have a profile I would describe as contributing.

If you look at the profile of a lot of the switch posters..they are pretty new. they only post really aggressively about Switch and buying it as if they were personally selling the kites....and it may seem that the only reason they are on this forum is to fulfill their posting quote set forth by Switch corporate policies. I mean I really do not know, but it seems that might be a reason. :-)

Jdizzle
Frequent Poster

Postby Jdizzle » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:12 pm

Dr_Rosen wrote:I recommend deleting this post immediately !!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2373151

But then again, that would probably be to discriminate Gay behaviour :rollgrin:
Totally gay behaviour! I wouldn't be seen dead dangling under my kite like that :lol:
For me kiting is about power and style, and that doesn't mean riding around unhooked most of the time. Just no gay moves...oh no stop it please :lol: :nono: :lol:

Each to their own though I suppose, that is what makes this sport so much fun :thumb:

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:16 pm

Jdizzle wrote: Snip...
Dude, over 90% of the posts I see on here are what you describe as 'not contributing'. Why discriminate? People are always harping on about how good their kites are...

Contributing to what exactly anyway? This forum is only a bit of entertainment for people, who cares? You? :lol:
Actually I think you underestimate the users :-?

And I care, a lot.

Meaning, I enjoy both the really useful and educating information you get here now and then, and the joy of watching others joy in words, pictures or videos, and the entertainment/fun too of course - and the joy of (hopefully) giving useful information to other riders :thumb:

Dont agree or believe that 90% is "not contributing" (or maybe years has learned to avoid most of these easy, so they are sorted away :wink: - although - earlier the percentage of contributing posts seemed a lot higher than nowadays, I'll give you that :naughty:

:D Peter

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Why are posts about Switch kites deleted? Shame on you T

Postby Toby » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:18 pm

you are using this forum for free, right?
you are using splocs.com for free, no?
you have the free iphone app?

well, why is all of this free? Because there are companies supporting the forum and websites.
If no one supports, no free content.

The majority of the companies are happy to support sites like this, and they also get their support.

But there are also companies (businesses) who use the forum and don't support at all.
Now that would you call a fair business, wouldn't you? Advertising on here for a worldwide operating company is really low priced...any mag is WAY more expensive!
I rather would say shame on those companies! I am doing a full time job here, and need to eat too...does any of those non supporting companies give you a free kite? I guess not....you have to buy it...

Jdizzle
Frequent Poster

Postby Jdizzle » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:21 pm

tautologies wrote:Well, no I am not particularly impacted by the posts, I just think when it is a company policy that users have to contribute it can wrong.

Look at your posting history. You participate in a lot of different topics, you seem pretty interested in kiting, and to me have a profile I would describe as contributing.

If you look at the profile of a lot of the switch posters..they are pretty new. they only post really aggressively about Switch and buying it as if they were personally selling the kites....and it may seem that the only reason they are on this forum is to fulfill their posting quote set forth by Switch corporate policies. I mean I really do not know, but it seems that might be a reason. :-)
I do agree with you mate, it is pretty shameless plugging! But this forum is full of it! Take Epic for example, I used to get so sick of their posts...but to be fair Dimitri has toned it down a lot recently!
Its obvious to me however that there is a more deep rooted reason behind the deletion of Switch related posts, I maybe wrong? Perhaps Switch should change their team rider approach, , maybe give their riders rules to follow.....like you cannot gatecrash posts with agressive sales tactics???

Jdizzle
Frequent Poster

Re: Why are posts about Switch kites deleted? Shame on you T

Postby Jdizzle » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:23 pm

Toby wrote:you are using this forum for free, right?
you are using splocs.com for free, no?
you have the free iphone app?

well, why is all of this free? Because there are companies supporting the forum and websites.
If no one supports, no free content.

The majority of the companies are happy to support sites like this, and they also get their support.

But there are also companies (businesses) who use the forum and don't support at all.
Now that would you call a fair business, wouldn't you? Advertising on here for a worldwide operating company is really low priced...any mag is WAY more expensive!
I rather would say shame on those companies! I am doing a full time job here, and need to eat too...does any of those non supporting companies give you a free kite? I guess not....you have to buy it...
Fair play, maybe Switch should donate?

Return to “Kitesurfing”