Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Why are posts about Switch kites deleted? Shame on you Toby!

Forum for kitesurfers
JGTR
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Why are posts about Switch kites deleted? Shame on you T

Postby JGTR » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:07 am

The Switch advertising is nothing compared to the old Eclipse and now the Epic spamming/pimpathon - Dimitri is definately getting his 850 Euro worth - altho should still be banned for being so frikking boring :roll:

Mr_Weetabix
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Mr_Weetabix » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:24 pm

Laughingman wrote:You are hosting a community, in return for hosting this community you get to sell advertisers access to us. Typically, they buy banners, and such, they don't get to control content of the site. That would be like a television news channel's content being influenced by the commercial advertisers.
I take it there's some irony in that last sentence. If not, may I interest you in some of these here magic beans?

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:31 pm

Jdizzle wrote:Shocking! A public forum to openly share opinions...yea right! Talk about hidden agendas! How much do Switch have to pay you to allow their posts :lol:
Toby said a minimum of Euro850.00 (or the equivalent in another currency if some stupid people in some countries and their lazy occupants don't get their shit together to support/rescue the Euro).

@Switch- pay the silly fee if you want to advertise (and I do see your pimping posts as adverts too). Kiteforum is the biggest forum about kiting on the net.

@Toby- I ran a similar site in the past (not a forum), charged advertisers and gave them access to the visitor stats.
It would be a good idea to post some up to date visitor numbers here so people stop whinging and understand how important this forum would be for them (edit: sorry, they know already, otherwise they wouldn't post here so persistently).

:peace:

Cheers
Caesar 8)

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby naishdude » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:57 pm

I hesitated a long time before reacting on this and the other thread, but here I go.

First I will tell you I am a pr/ team/pimp/witch/bitch rider for Switch ( not to mention all the other names I/we got)
My nickname is not to comfuse, but I have it already at least 25 years...as my windsurfboards were Naish, and still ride an old Naish kite waveboard.( just to clarify, there is nothing more behind it)
As I read all the comments on both the threads/topics, it is getting a little bit childish, maybe it is due to my age, ( 57) that I read it with some questionmarks popping up...on how people react to things.

Let me tell you that I have posted in a lot of threads on Switch behalf, and yes I think I was one of the first to write under my name I have switched...u2? so yes I am that guy.

I want to say this on behalf of myself, Switch and Toby:

I have seen the posted and afterwards deleted post, as I remember well ( and Toby correct me if I am wrong) it was a posting with the pictures of the 3 kites Switch is selling, with the text that is used on the Switch website.
Honestly, in one way I can understand Toby, that he saw this as pure advertising where has not been paid for, instead of a review.

I posted a lot and adviced some people in having a look at the Switch website when they were for example writing I am looking for a wave kite or or....
Non of these have ever been deleted and are still on the forum.

I have written some small reviews and posted some selfmade pictures for people who asked or for a picture, or replied to the review, these topics have not been removed, correct me if I am wrong Toby, I believe they still are there.

I get the Swicth kite newsletters, where I can proof you that they have never said that you can win a kite in pimping Switch, what they wrote is write a REVIEW on any kiteforum ( so not only this) and you are in to win a Switch wetsuit...this I see as an incentive..

To my humble opinion, I think a lot of people are over reacting, and have a short fuse.

Again and this might hurt my relationship with Switchkites, if it was the thread with the sum of pictures of every Switch kite with the same text as on the switch website, I can understand out of Toby's view, that he saw no added value in this topic and removed it, I do not know if he messaged the poster or not, what ever.

So again I think everybody all of you are a bit over reacting!

Please we have a nice sport and we all love our kites and brands, and will defend it , like I did for years on a row with Ozone...and now I defend Switchkites, it is a way that I think is just helping some that do not get a chance to test and have to live by reviews...

Believe me, if something is wrong I will tell, and a lot more of us will give you right information,, what would be our benefit, to give you the wrong info, rather no customer than a not satisfied customer, who will write here on this and other forums, why he does not like the kite and so on.

I do believe, and this is not pimping, that Switch kites still has a long way to go, and the most of it will be done by mouth to mouth advertising and people getting a chance to test a kite from a teamrider.

I just want to say, people enjoy your sport whether it is with a Best, epic, mutiny, core, slingshot etc...

Good luck! and peace Naish Dude!
I have switched ..u2?
Frank L. Belgium

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:31 pm

Mr_Weetabix wrote:
Laughingman wrote:You are hosting a community, in return for hosting this community you get to sell advertisers access to us. Typically, they buy banners, and such, they don't get to control content of the site. That would be like a television news channel's content being influenced by the commercial advertisers.
I take it there's some irony in that last sentence. If not, may I interest you in some of these here magic beans?

lol just a bit of irony, but that doesn't make it right....

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:37 pm

Caesar wrote:...or the equivalent in another currency if some stupid people in some countries and their lazy occupants don't get their shit together to support/rescue the Euro)
:thumb: :lol:
Caesar wrote:@Switch- pay the silly fee if you want to advertise (and I do see your pimping posts as adverts too). Kiteforum is the biggest forum about kiting on the net
how come?
look at the facebook likes: kf - 4452, sk - 6377 (at the moment of this post writing).
where i live hardly a 5% kiters have a peek in kf.
Caesar wrote:@Toby- I ran a similar site in the past (not a forum), charged advertisers and gave them access to the visitor stats.
It would be a good idea to post some up to date visitor numbers here so people stop whinging and understand how important this forum would be for them (edit: sorry, they know already, otherwise they wouldn't post here so persistently)
well, half of the number of clicks on kf is going to the Most Sexy Kite Picture thread, most probably.
clicks number brings money to website owner and some of the those owners don't care about the users much.
it is clear to me in the last couple of years kf has degraded to the marketing tool for the reps and dealers. look at the posts, all the same names! i suspect none of the kite companies need this kind of wasting money.
i know for a fact all kite companies are demanding participation on national or international forums from their reps and team riders. but only sk do it openly on their web site.

and for the end: i'm not switched. i'm not sk team rider. but i have their kites. and i like their srategy so far: to eliminate the layer of the parasites between the producer and consumers!
and i have or had kites from other brands also, such as ozone, airush and gaastra.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:13 pm

and eliminate forums, magazines and everything that lives from advertising.
what a great business plan!

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Toby wrote:and eliminate forums, magazines and everything that lives from advertising.
No worries mate, some people (and businesses too) live in their dream world, believing they can run a venture by spreading the word mouth to mouth.
Euro850.00 (that's the minimum fee paid here for one year) are how many kites? I don't get it...
I'm sure they are running their business from their bedroom office desk too.

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:22 am

Toby wrote:and eliminate forums, magazines and everything that lives from advertising.
i don't even want to know what part of my post do you think could help to eliminate the forums and magazines. losing the Most Sexy... or losing the support for the paying brand's affiliated posters (otherwise known as pimps)...
well, somehow tv cannels manage to survive advertizing the other tv stations and showing other channels videoclips, main thing here is attract viewers. then will come the ad buyers.
and as we currently see there are still lot of different magazines. it is diversity that is attracts people to by these products, not the specialty on narrow choice.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:42 am

eree wrote:
i don't even want to know what part of my post do you think could help to eliminate the forums and magazines. losing the Most Sexy... or losing the support for the paying brand's affiliated posters (otherwise known as pimps)...
well, somehow tv cannels manage to survive advertizing the other tv stations and showing other channels videoclips, main thing here is attract viewers. then will come the ad buyers.
and as we currently see there are still lot of different magazines. it is diversity that is attracts people to by these products, not the specialty on narrow choice.
Well said eree, the commodity here are the users, and the users want diversity. Pretty pictures (ad banners) are one thing but when you allow people with bias opinions to post their opinions because they pay for advertising, eventually people will seek different avenues to gain reliable information. Which in turn will reduce traffic and eventually make this very same advertisers go someplace else, or simply spread the dollars around a bit, thus depleting Toby's travel fund.... :rollgrin:
Not a really good business model to follow if yah ask me.

Return to “Kitesurfing”