Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Toby's plan to debunk The Switch..

Forum for kitesurfers
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Toby's plan to debunk The Switch..

Postby Laughingman » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 am

Seriously dude... Flamers paradise? How could you consider anything said in that thread flaming, especially after your own actions of deleting posts?

viewtopic.php?f=92&t=2373579&p=728002#p728002

Let's keep this alive folks, I'm sure there is more afoot here then Toby's advertising dollars.

Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strawberry, Big Bad UT Lake, Rush mudpuddle.
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.
Style: Learning,... as in I am still learning.
Gear: 2014 north gear

All of it
North and Race boards
North twin tip and directional yummyness.
Surfboard and strapless play stuff.
Brand Affiliation: I am a North snowkite athlete.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Toby's plan to debunk The Switch..

Postby Billy B. » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:47 am

I think it is all about Dollars...or Frank or Euros.....

Using a forum that is privately owned, and maintianed for advertising, should be a paid privalage.

I run a snowboard forum and always think of it as such,

It is like a bar, lots of people talking about what ever they would like. But if I don't like what they are talking about I have the right to ask them to leave, cuz it is my bar........

If you don;t like that you can't drink at my bar to bad find another one, buy your own booze and drink alone at home, or follow my rules and you are welcome back to my bar...

If switch Kites are so good the community will discover so and they will grow as a brand.

I am tired of reading post with the same people posting "I have switched, have you" In topics that have nothing to do with switch kites.....

I am a North Athlete. I could post In every post that North are better and you should ride them, but then I would just be a pimp instead I post about the kites I have flown and under topics I have experance with, Not every post about kites with how North gear is better....

I don't even want to try Switch kites becuase of all the switch pimping on this forum.....and I love to fly all kites and respect, their kite designer, but knowing that they don't even employee the guy but pay him to cunsult seems interesting also.

windrupted
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: North Beach, Barney Line, The Wood in Ventucky, Island Park Idaho and Mt Hagin MT
Favorite Beaches: G-Land (Plenkung Point)
Style: Waves, Goofy or Switch
Gear: Craigslist
Brand Affiliation: Charles Shaw

Postby windrupted » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:30 am

All you folks better listen up, this guy Billy is someone who really understands this sport. I appreciate the time he takes to answer peoples questions, I always learn something when he posts. The pimping needs to be moderated....

Lighter and cheaper kites and boards are the future, for sure. I am happy to see a new company that understands this. But blatant brand cheerleading is misleading, and this forum is so diluted with brand pimps that it is becoming very boring. Now that we all understand how it got this way, lets change it to something more enjoyable to read.
Last edited by windrupted on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:34 am

That was perfectly well said Billy B. I don't think any one could of said this better. The only problem with me is that I don't drink any alcohol but when you open your own bar I will come and get some orange juice or a ginger ale, so I can support your bar.
Snow season is starting, can you tell me how much it will cost for a banner on your snowboard forum? You can always email me at dimitri@epickites.com I am in China right now working on few different projects.
:thumb:
Last edited by Dimitri M on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

droffats
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride, Hdrofoil, Waves, Big Air
Gear: Ozone, Ocean Rodeo, Cabrinha, Mystic
Brand Affiliation: www.adventurekiteboarding.com

Postby droffats » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:36 am

Glad I haven't had to deal with the "made the switch?" crap. But why isn't Toby doing more about the same crap from the Epic trolls? "are you ready for an epic ride?"

- Droffats

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:40 am

Billy B. wrote:It is like a bar, lots of people talking about what ever they would like.
Well said! :thumb:
Billy B. wrote:If switch Kites are so good the community will discover so and they will grow as a brand.
Right again!
Billy B. wrote:I don't even want to try Switch kites becuase of all the switch pimping on this forum.....
Oh come now, you've let me down now. "All the pimping" from Switch? Seriously? :lol:
droffats wrote:the Epic trolls
Good question - I can only assume the answer is ... they've paid to do so.

Which is totally fair if that's how Toby wants to run his bar. :thumb:

droffats
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride, Hdrofoil, Waves, Big Air
Gear: Ozone, Ocean Rodeo, Cabrinha, Mystic
Brand Affiliation: www.adventurekiteboarding.com

Postby droffats » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:46 am

Now that is some FUNNY SHIT! In the time it took me to write my post, Dimitri posted his. I had no knowledge he was gonna troll this one too! Ha. I thought I'd be writing something in a forum he would only come across while searching for his brand's name. But he actually posted in the time it took me to write. Trollin' from China!

Kites might be great, but when is he going to realize he turns off potential customers with his ambulance chasing style hard sell? There is a good reason all the other brands don't push so hard -- credibility being one.

- Droffats

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:00 am

Is the other thread gone?

I think many are missing the big picture. This is not just about Switch. I posted a video which I really liked and Toby kindly explained that he had to delete it because the kite brand did not support the site.

Toby's has the right to run this forum as he whishes. That is clear! The problem is that many people just like me were not aware of this filtering and pay to post going on and that is misleading. I always though this was "The kiteforum" and not Toby's kiteforum...

I realize it is work and different persons see it in different ways but as long as everyone knows why some threads get more traffic than others there is no problem.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:12 am

I'm really thankful that this is a moderated forum.

There are only so many ads for penis enhancement I can tolerate.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:22 am

Poster: droffats
Glad I haven't had to deal with the "made the switch?" crap. But why isn't Toby doing more about the same crap from the Epic trolls? "are you ready for an epic ride?"
- Droffats
Hello droffats. This is a good question. A better question is: ARE YOU READY? :naughty:
I think I can answer this question better then any one. Toby is allowed to do what ever he wants, it's his bar and I usually come to his bar to get a way from work and have some ginger ale or even milk since I don't drink any alcohol, but I like to support his bar because of all the people that go there to talk about different things. But work always finds me with people asking questions about kiting such as:
-How I started kiting.
-What was the worst accident it ever happened to me.
-What is the best way to start kiteboarding.
-What are the best places to go kiting in the world.
-How are you able to answer to all your customers and still spend time with your wife and kids, and kite?
-I tried the EPIC kite and loved it. My wife is getting one for me for Christmas.
-How do I deal with people bashing you like that on the forums, don't they have anything else to do then be all negative!!! Are they jealous!!!!
-Why no one else comes out and help people like you do!!!
-I heard you tough Senator John Kerry a long time ago, how was that!!, Do you still do private lessons?
-I heard the heavy weight Boxer Champion Vladimir Petukhin loves your Epic kites. How this happened!!!

and so on.
So in few words I am here to help and promote KITEBOARDING on any forums.

P.S. Drinks are on me tonight guys....... Yes droffats and Kamikuza even you guys can have a drink on me.
:cool2: And please No Smoking.

Return to “Kitesurfing”