Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Toby's plan to debunk The Switch..

Forum for kitesurfers
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Re: Toby's plan to debunk The Switch..

Postby Laughingman » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:49 pm

We could work something out, but I'd never be able to tell you about it since Sw1tch is a forbidden topic..... :lol:

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:49 pm

a true, forgot about that! too bad :wink:

ah, already thinking ahead with the 1 instead of i ? :naughty:

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby s1buell_wl » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:10 pm

Man Delete this thread! What a waste of time and useless banter

First who cares?
•I deal in commercial shit all day long. The last thing I care about is how Toby runs this site. He has rules and they are there for reasons, if he has commercial issues with a kite maker I’m sure he will work them out in some manner.
•I like helping people out and reading other peoples experiences. The travel tips and help here are the best. In general there is some really nice people on here. What business is it of mine how Toby makes money to support the site? Quite honest its none of my !@#$'en business
•The site is free for kite people to share thanks to kite company’s paying for banners. When money is involved there will always be commercial issues to be worked out. Do you guys want to pay a monthly fee therefore allowing less governance?

Why?
Laughingman why would you post more shit no one cares about? What’s in it for you? Just wanted to piss more people off? Stir the pot again?

Pimpingin
•I can say I get tired of it too, god if I see an Epic kite on the beach I will put the truck in 4X4 and run it down. No offense Dom…… really like the 2012 colors! :rollgrin: I’m sure you have a great kite too. :kiss: I think Toby should charge Epic X2 for adds you guys are working him hard! I’ve been keeping stats and in the past 6 months there is always an Epic thread if not two. Just tired of seeing it….. I guess. It’s like seeing your ex-wife every day knowing she takes 50% of you pay every month.

Anyway my .02
Time for beeeeer!

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:16 pm

This is simple!!

This is Toby`s Bar.
There are Redbull signs, Carlsberg commercial astray, Miller banner on the pool table, and yes you can talk all you want about the new Smirnoff ICE, how great it is, how what ever you want to talk about....

But Smirnoff comes in and flash their new drink, even giving free samples to anybody that want`s to go in Toby`s bar, and drink it in his bar.

Toby says, fine you want to show-serve-promote your Smirnoff ICE here in my bar, it cost 850 euro, just like Miller-Carlsberg-Redbull etc....

Smirnoof says, f*** OFF, wee have freedom of assemble, freedom off doing/saying what we want, and make money off your bar, whitout giving a dime back...

Well.. Mayby thats ok in Toby`s bar, but dont try that stunt in mine! :smash:

IMHO, Switch is a disgrace to good business behavior in any branch, by any standard! What are they thinking? If they are here in 5 years still, is it the same?? They think they are the only ones that shouldn't pay for advertising in this industry?
Embarrassing!

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board

Postby Laughingman » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:35 pm

s1buell_wl wrote: Laughingman why would you post more shit no one cares about? What’s in it for you? Just wanted to piss more people off? Stir the pot again?

!
Why.. I thought I made that pretty clear in my earlier post... I'm not affiliated so if I want to talk about a kite I should be able to do so even if Toby doesn't like that kite... is that clear enough for you? I don't know that no one cares, obvious you do enough to respond...

Nothing in it for me (as I stated earlier) but it makes me feel better when I stand up to a perceived authority that is abusing their power. I have issues with authority, my bad I guess

Sure, why not stir the pot a bit, if you don't want to read it don't, or are you keeping stats on me as well? I'm not even sure why you give a crap, if my posts annoy you so much then just press the block button.

Enjoy your beer, I have another 2 hours of staring at this computer screen before I can sit back and enjoy looking at the f'n white stuff all weekend... work sucks, and so does snow unless its a mountain of POW.

Cheers

Pete

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:16 pm

hahah Pete, now I know the reason :lol:
good one! :thumb:

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Laughingman » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:51 am

Toby wrote:hahah Pete, now I know the reason :lol:
Yes I'm stuck in the transition from water to snow... It makes me a bit grumpy, perfect time for controversy. Doesn't take anything away from my arguments, I truly believe as a moderator you need to be a bit more balanced when it comes to fair play. If I want to support switch, and i am not affiliated, i should be allowed to express my opinion without being censored provided I am respectful, and lawful. Don't you agree?

ITN
Medium Poster
Gear: Reo 2016 7m 9m 12m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby ITN » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:53 pm

Laughingman wrote:
Toby wrote:hahah Pete, now I know the reason :lol:
Yes I'm stuck in the transition from water to snow... It makes me a bit grumpy, perfect time for controversy. Doesn't take anything away from my arguments, I truly believe as a moderator you need to be a bit more balanced when it comes to fair play. If I want to support switch, and i am not affiliated, i should be allowed to express my opinion without being censored provided I am respectful, and lawful. Don't you agree?
I actually think Toby does a pretty decent job moderatIng. Laughing man has he deleted any of your posts? From what I can tell he has only deleted switch posts which are blatantly ads by switch reps. Although he may have accidentally deleted genuine user posts in the process. But it can't be an easy job to sort the chaff.

While on the topic I have a switch method 9m I'm sellIng. Good kite but not for me. Prefer my old wave kite. Just a personal preference. Anyone can PM me for it. I tried selling in the secondhand but no hits. Now I'm calling the kettle black! Hijacking this post for my own commercial means!

Anyway hope you get some snow soon laughingman. Never tried it the snow style. I probably should since I live in NY and I start getting restless in winter. Hence time for this post!

Return to “Kitesurfing”