Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ban him

Postby sijandy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:26 pm

Tone wrote:I'm curious to know who Toby thinks is the other person to ban...
My money's on wank_rimmer's pal Mango 'can i have your bank account details maam' Carafino.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:35 pm

I suspect its more personal than that.

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos

Postby Robsw6 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:50 pm

How about a vote off ? :D

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:11 pm

Starsky wrote:Are you for real? Your posts are like 99.999999% neg on everything from Switch kites to four struts to anything and everything kite design, then you come out in favor of the only other completely negative poster on this forum!!!
I don't get it,,, Oh wait a sec, maybe I do!
may be you still don't...
imagine the forum where everybody agrees on anything in the posts!
how boring hippy gay this forum would be. i hate the posts about new kites, nobody saw them, not to mention tested them yet, but already everybody post "this kite is sick". may be it misses "like" button?

and i wouldn't call my posts "99,999999% neg". useful, but not always immediately appreciated feedback for kiteboarding gear manufacturers may be? after all, almost all of my criticism is supported by the majority of the non-affiliated kite public and indirectly positively answered by the manufacturers by discontinuing the criticized parts and solutions. may be it sounds arrogant but i find proves to that over and over again.
glad you mentioned switch. as i said before i like their direct sale philosophy and i'm satisfied with their build quality, but they failed in two categories: performance and honesty. and now after couple of years they change the characteristics of their kites to more suitable for their market niche and offer the 30 return policy instead of just promising the mountains of gold.
i know i'm not flawless myself so i'm open for any discussions. but what aggravates me most is how kiters are blindly supports unscientific, illogical and purely stupid manufacturers sales arguments.

and i'm certainly not supporting the w_r with his jihad, i just advise you not to react to his posts. let him do all the typing. same goes to PMU, it is just hilarious how just his one single post unleashes the shitstorm from foil kite owners. i may be support some of his claims, but i don't mind if my friend buys and flies the foil. because i know and the statistics show he'll be disappointed soon :lol:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:28 pm

eree wrote: imagine the forum where everybody agrees on anything in the posts!
how boring hippy gay this forum would be.
What you just said...i kid you not.... that's the best ever :rollgrin:

There is a thread right now going on KF where all agree on... and no one wears shrunken Speedos
Stoked thread by Plummet
See you there...if you dare
:cheers:

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:36 pm

eree wrote:
after all, almost all of my criticism is supported by the majority of the non-affiliated kite public

What on earth gave you that idea?

eree wrote: how boring hippy gay this forum would be
We're already there.

stefaans
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby stefaans » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:49 pm

Hey I'm not a fan of the guy at all but how many ppl has he saved from this Mango scam. He might have just been more useful on this forum than all the information ever provided by you guys that want to ban him. He is warning the community so if you received his msg just don't read anything from him anymore. I don't.

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:00 pm

Starsky wrote:
eree wrote:after all, almost all of my criticism is supported by the majority of the non-affiliated kite public
What on earth gave you that idea?
well after long times of criticizing of every kind of ziggy-zaggy leading edge projects and fruitless discus with one airush foot-soldier i finally have red these soothing words:
Ive got the impression (never owned one) that cab are a little on the slower side for the sake of greater stability and range. Never wanted one of their bars either with that springy thing. I know I know, that parts on the way out.

Never liked the idea of leading edge battens that North are fond of. They can break, they are weight, and its obvious that they are not necessary.

Ocean Rodeo have stuck with their vent for years, and its obviously not necessary for a great kite, and Im not a fan at all of their kinked leading edge at the elbow bridle attachment. Just seems like complicated sewing and design where again, simpler designs work just as well.

The Airush bar with all that long webbing looking stuff for the trim strap seems silly in light of all the clean cleat systems out there now.

LF have the chicken loop that totally detaches, and Im not a fan of integrated floats that prevent leader line replacement. They also had a wingtip pulley up until last year that I hear makes em a little more vague at the bar.

The only ones Ive owned are north and OR, so take it all mostly from an observers point of view.
[/quote][/quote]
from here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2385074

aint it "neg"? but i like it...

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:13 pm

@ Stefaans.

That is precisely what he would like you to think, but this guy has shown his true colours over and over. The guy is a troll with no love for you or I or anyone else in the kiteboarding community. He is a provocateur and should be held up to blame every bit as much as Mango for costing many their hard earned money.

The other side of the coin is the question of how many people would currently be happily riding foils they got a great deal on had this guy not killed Mango's cash flow. I think it was plain to see that the Mango legitimately wanted to deliver. A scammer is hear and gone. They don't stick their name and face out there like he did.

Wind_Rider tanked his own investment in person.... burned that bridge real good, but his follow up crusade burnt everyone else that ordered by killing the venture that would have likely made it off the ground. I think its safe to say people like arcsrule have Wind_Rider to thank for their investments tanking right along side his.

Who's side should we be on? The guy who physically sets about producing a less expensive carbon foil for int distribution, or the guy with the keyboard who burns it and all the investors money to the ground. You decide. My only opinion is that this guy is a full on troll with no positive input whatsoever and should have been banned a long time ago.
Last edited by Starsky on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:30 pm

@ eere

Dude, that's you agreeing with me, not me agreeing with you!

I speak for myself, and certainly don't suppose to represent, what was it? The majority of non affiliated kite public.

Bold statement, no numbers, not science.
Last edited by Starsky on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”