Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Most Dangerous and aggresive locations in the SE UK

Postby pilookite » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:05 pm

First post in years just for you Steve.

You are a sad looser.
Get a life.

It is a shame you never kite in Lancing or Shoreham or have you changed your mind yet?

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Robsw6 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:17 pm

davesails7 wrote:
tkettlepoint wrote:WR is like a fire you feed it , it will burn for ever . When you stop feeding it , it burns out and goes away.

AKA he feeds off of people reply to his post

Terrie
YES! Starsky, your (and others) responses to WR are not wrong, but you just keep feeding him.

What is the point of this post? To get his attanetion?

I know it's hard to resist, but you gotta just let him get bored and leave. I'm going to take a wild guess here, but it might be possible that nothing anyone could ever say would change his mind about anything :D
This.

kiteuk
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Hillhead, UK.
Favorite Beaches: Hillary's Perth, WA
San Francisco
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Best, Flexifoil, Hadlow

Postby kiteuk » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:27 pm

I agree also.......

10% of what he says is 100% correct safety :thumb:

It's the 90% of bonkers ranting and raving with accusations of beating up, assault's and a knife attack that just make his 10% safety valid point just lost in translation.

Like I've said before if he stopped all this and worked with people he would be an asset to safety on the beach. Instead people just tune out. I wish him luck with his sailing as I to was a dingy sailor, semi competitive in my day and I came to kitesurfing. Prob much the same way as him self. Only I have more friends from Kitesurfing than any single sport I have ever been involved in. So common ground and friendly banter is most excellent and long may it last. It's just a shame one person has just not joined in with the rest of us as a whole. Shame really.

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:36 pm

This guy really is a piece of work. On the UK forums he claimed to have taken part in the infamous 1998 Sydney-Hobart yacht race :roll: . Unfortunately he was banned from that forum as well before anyone could verify this

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:04 pm

kiteuk wrote:I agree also.......

It's the 90% of bonkers ranting and raving with accusations of beating up, assault's and a knife attack that just make his 10% safety valid point just lost in translation.

honestly i couldnt for the life of me figure out what his angle was. usually these folks have some major point they are trying to make over and over again. i tried to read some of his previous posts on the UK forum to see what the deal was but i couldnt make much sense of it.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:10 pm

okay I'll bite.

I'm not entirely sure what the first graph represents. Is the implication that the the bigger total numbers are better? And by better I mean more welcoming to outsiders. If so the conclusion seems clear. The more you pay for access to a spot, the more welcoming people are.

I haven't been to all of these locations but I know Hillhead does have a reputation for trying to discourage 'Weekend Warriors' - based I believe on the low council tolerance for injury attributed to kitesports in the area. But the spot does suffer (?) from easy access so it may attract more transitory fools than other more difficult to access beaches (the number and close distance of the groynes, sand bars and jetski slipway means its not a spot without its hazards)

Where do you recommend then?

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:38 pm

Tone wrote:
wind_rider wrote:
BigPaul wrote:And that proves what exactly?
That JGTR is a fucking lying cunt claiming I have been banned from my sailing club.
wow.

Jay, you've got to him.

That's his Kryptonite... say he has been banned from sailing at his local..
Lol, he can't even get that right.

The only thing that gets to Steve is Steve, he just hasn't worked it out yet, or maybe he has? Who cares......apart from Steve (point proven!).

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:41 pm

nothing2seehere wrote:okay I'll bite.

I'm not entirely sure what the first graph represents. Is the implication that the the bigger total numbers are better? And by better I mean more welcoming to outsiders. If so the conclusion seems clear. The more you pay for access to a spot, the more welcoming people are.

I haven't been to all of these locations but I know Hillhead does have a reputation for trying to discourage 'Weekend Warriors' - based I believe on the low council tolerance for injury attributed to kitesports in the area. But the spot does suffer (?) from easy access so it may attract more transitory fools than other more difficult to access beaches (the number and close distance of the groynes, sand bars and jetski slipway means its not a spot without its hazards)

Where do you recommend then?
The graphs represent another attempt by Steve to undermine CBK, that's it, they are not representative of anything factual.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:42 pm

coleman wrote:
kiteuk wrote:I agree also.......

honestly i couldnt for the life of me figure out what his angle was. usually these folks have some major point they are trying to make over and over again. i tried to read some of his previous posts on the UK forum to see what the deal was but i couldnt make much sense of it.
There is no angle, just attention seeking.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:44 pm

But in the plus side he does hold the record for starting (and maintaining) the longest running thread on a UK kitesurfing forum :thumb:

You go Steve :mosh: :mosh:

Return to “Kitesurfing”