Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Timmy is in the hospital (kitesurfing accident)

Forum for kitesurfers
POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: ¤°

Re: Timmy is in the hospital (kitesurfing accident)

Postby POACHER » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:17 pm

flipper231 wrote:I think it is fine to setup a donation activity. No one has to give and this is something the Europeans and I guess Australians (although this is not what I know from Australia having my bro living there) don't know is how much Americans are looking one after another and the community spirit you feel. People donate to the parish, universities, hospitals, kids needing surgeries, kids wanting to make it to the olympics... They donate, they help, they volunteer, even to wrestle a terrorist in a train while in Europe. They step forward.

Not your cup of tea, espresso or vegemite spread... Just don't give. Some pro European kiter got cancer and asked for support. All care covered in his neck of the wood, plenty of time to return on a regular flight... Right or wrong? Who cares, you want to give? Give you don't want to? Don't.

I am from a place where healthcare is covered but I understand the process they are going through...Every country has its third world slice of population... Every
^^^^^^^^^
What this guy said.

All the best Tim....

NHKitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: MA/NH
Gear: Switch & Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby NHKitesurfer » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:52 pm

I am at a loss for words given the kindness and generosity of the kiteboarding community. You are amazing!

I was at the hospital today and hope Timmy will be released early afternoon. The bad news is the hospital said he'd need 1 month to recover and will not be able to work.

When I shared the news with Timmy about what has been done on his behalf he was emotional and beside himself. Humbled is an understatement.

Please note - any money collected in excess of his out of pocket medical bills and what his short term disability does not cover will be refunded to the donor at your request. I'll reconcile the account and will post all the details on the GoFundMe site as the bills start to come in.

Thanks again to everyone who stepped in to help Timmy. Happy Holidays everyone!! :)

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:11 pm

NHKitesurfer wrote: ...

Please note - any money collected in excess of his out of pocket medical bills and what his short term disability does not cover will be refunded to the donor at your request.
If Tim doesn't need my donation for medical bills ; then tell him to buy a Keg of beer
and some hotdogs , for all his kiting friends !! :D

Bille

NHKitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: MA/NH
Gear: Switch & Cabrinha

Postby NHKitesurfer » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:10 am

Bille wrote:
NHKitesurfer wrote: ...

Please note - any money collected in excess of his out of pocket medical bills and what his short term disability does not cover will be refunded to the donor at your request.
If Tim doesn't need my donation for medical bills ; then tell him to buy a Keg of beer
and some hotdogs , for all his kiting friends !! :D

Bille
Bille u are awesome! A true representative of the sport we are all passionate about.

flipper231
Very Frequent Poster

Postby flipper231 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:56 am

@pmaggie...nothing is free bro, you pay for it, nothing is free. It is covered by the public system, not free.

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:17 am

Heal fully and fast Timmy. I just sent in a donation, it was easy.

Do you have any idea what the wind speed and gust range were like? Was there much wind land effect depending on rider location?

Thor SFBay
Medium Poster
Local Beach: 3rd Ave, California
Favorite Beaches: Bolinas, CA
Style: freeride
Gear: Naish Park kites, Naish Haze board

Postby Thor SFBay » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:41 am

matth wrote:Get well soon Tim.

I live in Boston , the center of the Medical world. I can tell you one thing , if you are seriously injured or ill and need the best care on the planet, you will likely find yourself in the US.
Open markets and less Goverment will always produce the finest product. Our system has its issues and needs some more tweaking, which hopefully we will resolve soon...
Oh man, I am rolling on the floor and convulsing with laughter! You sir, are hilarious. I used to work for the medical device industry myself and I was not impressed. And even if what you said was actually true about the quality of the medical system in the USA, very few people can afford it. What good is the finest product if it is only for the wealthy? Instead of tweaking, the system needs be burned down and rebuilt from the bottom up.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:05 pm

Thor SFBay wrote:
matth wrote:Get well soon Tim.

I live in Boston , the center of the Medical world. I can tell you one thing , if you are seriously injured or ill and need the best care on the planet, you will likely find yourself in the US.
Open markets and less Goverment will always produce the finest product. Our system has its issues and needs some more tweaking, which hopefully we will resolve soon...
Oh man, I am rolling on the floor and convulsing with laughter! You sir, are hilarious. I used to work for the medical device industry myself and I was not impressed. And even if what you said was actually true about the quality of the medical system in the USA, very few people can afford it. What good is the finest product if it is only for the wealthy? Instead of tweaking, the system needs be burned down and rebuilt from the bottom up.

Okay jackass , Let me guess, you're a Bernie guy, Right?. Sounds like a typical SF response.
When you get sick which country are you planning on going to? Canada, Cuba, or maybe Mexico I heard they work wonders down there. Good luck!

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:43 pm

Actually, i live in Mexico part time and for 90% of the health care problems they are just as good as the "best system in the world", which is a joke. It is not even close to that. It does emergency and crisis care quite well, as do other places. But for anything else it is an expensive mess. The last 10% is only for the super rich so that barely counts. You can believe anything you want but that doesn't make it true.

Sorry for the OT stuff, get better fast Timmy and keep the attitude high.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:58 pm

knotwindy wrote:Actually, i live in Mexico part time and for 90% of the health care problems they are just as good as the "best system in the world", which is a joke. It is not even close to that. It does emergency and crisis care quite well, as do other places. But for anything else it is an expensive mess. The last 10% is only for the super rich so that barely counts. You can believe anything you want but that doesn't make it true.

Sorry for the OT stuff, get better fast Timmy and keep the attitude high.
So when you need that bypass or new hip you will be doing that in Mexico?

Return to “Kitesurfing”