Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Timmy is in the hospital (kitesurfing accident)

Forum for kitesurfers
matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Timmy is in the hospital (kitesurfing accident)

Postby matth » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:44 pm

knotwindy wrote:don't talk about things you don't know about

my wife had her hip done 1 1/2 years ago in Mexico and it is perfect. Great doc, took the time to find out what she wanted and needed, gave us his cell phone number and checked on her regularly in the hospital, the nurses were great as well and it could not have gone better. so yes i would.

would you trust yourself to some doc who does 5 a day and is exhausted and overworked? sounds stupid to talk about hypotheticals, doesn't it?

again, just trying to straighten things out a bit. sorry for the jack of the thread. Still hope Timmy improves rapidly.
I have three doctors in my family, I know plenty. But maybe you're right , that must be why so many Americans head to Mexico for superior service.

NHKitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: MA/NH
Gear: Switch & Cabrinha
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby NHKitesurfer » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:01 pm

RickI wrote:Heal fully and fast Timmy. I just sent in a donation, it was easy.

Do you have any idea what the wind speed and gust range were like? Was there much wind land effect depending on rider location?
Thanks for the donation - the community is rallying to help Timmy.

Wind average was 15mph with gusts to 35mph from the west which is always gusty here in New Hampshire.

TommyDuotone
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: IB, Rauls, 38's, Gavs
Style: surf
Gear: North, Ocean Rodeo, Firewire

Postby TommyDuotone » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:45 pm

matth wrote:
knotwindy wrote:don't talk about things you don't know about

my wife had her hip done 1 1/2 years ago in Mexico and it is perfect. Great doc, took the time to find out what she wanted and needed, gave us his cell phone number and checked on her regularly in the hospital, the nurses were great as well and it could not have gone better. so yes i would.

would you trust yourself to some doc who does 5 a day and is exhausted and overworked? sounds stupid to talk about hypotheticals, doesn't it?

again, just trying to straighten things out a bit. sorry for the jack of the thread. Still hope Timmy improves rapidly.
I have three doctors in my family, I know plenty. But maybe you're right , that must be why so many Americans head to Mexico for superior service.
I know that comment is meant to be sarcastic, however, you actually don't relize how true your statement is. I live in San Diego and am lucky to have really good medical, dental, and vision insurance due to my job. Myself and other colleagues choose to go to Tijuana to get our dental work done just because of the superior services. I, like you, thought the same thing until I actually took a good friends advice and went. Night and Day from the dentist in SD. Doctors in Mexico actually have a bed side manner and treat you like a human, not a number. Took my family and they felt the same, including my daughter who now loves her orthodontist.
Don't even get me started on the health care here. The service has been progressively getting worse over the years, at least through Kaiser Permente, my provider. My wife, who's now 5 months pregnant, just had an ultrasound a couple days ago. The guy performing the ultrasound was a complete a-hole His professionalism and bed side manner were horrible and I actually had to file a complaint when I got home. Not saying all the medical care in the US is like this and I have had many positive experiences as well(not lately though). However, one bad experience is too many IMO.
On the other hand, I have nothing but great experiences of the times I had to go to an emergency room in Baja. Although the buildings aren't as beautiful and the equipment may be little older, the service is SECOND TO NONE. Or maybe it's just average in a global perspective and to me it seems extraordinary from what I'm used to here.
Having doctors in the family may have skewed your opinions Math or maybe Donald Trump is getting in your head. From my experience, we do not have great service here. We might have the best treatments, but the customer service and bed side manner have been going down the toilet. Although I was born in Paris, France, I have been a U.S. citizen my whole life(military). I have also lived in the Phillipines and studied in Costa Rica. My wife is from San Quintin, Mexico and we also have a house there. I have learned what one thing we(US)have more than anyone else in the world, and that's high self-esteem. Statements like that Math just confirm this.
Sorry to get off topic and really stoked to hear Timmy's gonna recover. How about some pics when he does recover so we can meet him.

flipper231
Very Frequent Poster

Postby flipper231 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:00 pm

It is a shame that Mexican people don't have access to that superior service. life expectancy is greater by 4-5 years in Canda and US over Mexico. Nice to have someone to hold your hand when you die but I prefer it happens as late as possible. And since the No1 killer in Mexico is diabetes, we are not talking a quality of life towards death.

Just to show you, they have the life expectancy we had in the 80's

awo
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Ilhabela, ubatuba
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara, prea, barra grande piaui
Style: Begginer freestyle
Gear: core, naish, rrd and flysurferu

Postby awo » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:57 am

if that is correct, you should go to Australia, Sweden, Switzerland, Macau Andorra, San Marino, HongKong, etc

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:33 am

iblocalsurfer wrote:My wife, who's now 5 months pregnant,.
Congrats..make sure you check your post birth bills...my buddy kept on getting bills from all over after his wife gave birth. The health insurance, where they had a $4k deductible, felt that they should bill my buddy for epidural on his wife long after they passed the $4k threshold...because it was a benefit to his his then still in the womb son, and his separate $4k wasn't exhausted yet.....

Matth...many aspects of the Us health care system is great..but surely one of the richest countries in the world should not leave 30% of its citizens without care? In addition it is a highly inefficient system. The amount of time the average user has to spend getting familiar with an extremely complex and disjointed system is unreasonable.

Others: As much as "free" healthcare exists, long term illness is one of the biggest reasons for going personally bankrupt also in countries with socialized healthcare. There just isn't one great and right solution.

Do-it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Do-it » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:04 am

I'm with matth....... knotwindy and iblocalsurfer....get yourself halfway decent medical insurance. If think you are getting better treatment in mexico, it's probably because you treat the ER like it's a fucking doctors office. I honestly can't believe someone would even compare the quality of us doctors to fucking mexico. What idiots. Why do you think len10 ended up here begging for money when he had free health care at home????? Guess he should have went to mexico???? Lol stupid fucks

corbett
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Many

Postby corbett » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:03 am

Last edited by corbett on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Do-it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Do-it » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:27 am

What happened to the Uganda pussy?

corbett
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Many

Postby corbett » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:36 am

Last edited by corbett on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”