Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Timmy is in the hospital (kitesurfing accident)

Forum for kitesurfers
corbett
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Many
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Timmy is in the hospital (kitesurfing accident)

Postby corbett » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:17 pm

Last edited by corbett on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 81 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freeride, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab. Apollos, Cab. Contra One-Struts, FS Speed 4, FS Souls, Axis Ltd 132, RRD Poison 135, SS Ankle Biter, Moses 633, 679 & 590, SS Dwarfcraft 100cm, LF Galaxy 4'2"

Postby FLandOBX » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:04 pm

corbett wrote:
FLandOBX wrote:
corbett wrote:Some of the people in this thread crying about the cost of healthcare buy North Kites :lol: :lol: .

Boo Hoo, denounce feminism and American imperialism and I might actually care about you.

Bye feminists.
Whaaa????? :-? :?: :?: :?:
America has been threatening other nations to implement feminism. We can see this on WikiLeaks Cableleaks. The American public agree with this due to extreme brainwashing and threat of arrest.

I insist America stop this threatening behaviour. Russia should not rely on feminism for its economy.

We can see from a previous poster that his wife billed HIM for HER hospital stay. He is clearly a victim in this. He knows the child belongs to the wife and not him. I suggest he turns her into an alcoholic so he gets the child.

Women are constantly working out how to destroy you. Feminism is a multi billion dollar industry in America alone.
Whaaa????? :-? :?: :?: :?:

Dude, you need to go kiting.

corbett
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Many

Postby corbett » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:44 pm

Last edited by corbett on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NHKitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: MA/NH
Gear: Switch & Cabrinha

Postby NHKitesurfer » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:08 pm

Happy New Year to everyone! Timmy has made great progress and is well on his way to a full recovery resting at home and regaining his strength. He has a doctor’s visit on the 13th and will know then when it’s safe to return to work.

Over the past two weeks the bills have come in and there have been many calls back and forth to his employer and insurance company. This was a bit of a wake-up call... unfortunately Timmy did not have short term disability insurance, meaning he will not be paid for the work he is missing, and his insurance deductible is $5,000.

Your kindness and generosity will go a long way in helping Timmy and at the very least his deductible will be paid for by your efforts. This is huge! And Timmy is incredibly grateful to everyone.

This week I’ll be transferring the GoFundMe page over to Timmy where he’ll be able to update you on his progress and he’ll start to draw down funds from the site.

I can’t possibly thank everyone enough for donating to this cause. People from all over the country stepped in to help – Amazing!!

Cheers,
Joe Sharron

Johnny Rotten
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Surf and wake
Gear: Vegas
Torch
Neo's
Hand made boards of pure excellence

Postby Johnny Rotten » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:11 am

What grown man goes by the name Timmy?
Sounds too Like a cliche attempt for sympathy

And improbable enough to set off my spidey sense for bullshit.

Carry on. Ps Timmy sorry about your accident

LTD WaterSports
Medium Poster
Local Beach: DESTIN, Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: Anguilla, OBX, Destin
Style: Freestyle
Gear: BEST, AirRush, F-ONE, Mystic
Brand Affiliation: LTD WaterSports

Postby LTD WaterSports » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:29 am

Sucks when anyone gets hurt. We just lost a close friend while paddle surfing on Christmas. Glad to donate.

Sean @ LTD

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11

Postby jumarcil » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:53 am

plummet wrote:
NHKitesurfer wrote:Please keep this on topic if possible. It's great he'll be ok and GREAT to have riders alongside you ready to save your life if necessary.

While he has insurance through his employer he will be responsible for paying deductibles, paying what his insurer does not pay when he reaches his payout ceilings and he'll be on short term disability for a bit while he recovers and this pays out only 60% of your income.
I'll be honest. This does not seem like there are need for donation. A guy crashes, almost dies, stays in hospital for a couple of days he has medical insurance and has to cover the excess himself. He doesn't have any major life changing injuries.

That is the risk you take when indulging in a risky activity. Take the risk on and withstand the consequences when it goes wrong.

My buddy crashed off his mountain bike yesterday. He dislocated and broke his wrist in 3 places and cracked his pelvis. He's going in for 2 operations on the wrist and one on the hip to get it pinned. He'll be layed up for some time.... Our system pays for hospital expenses and 80% of income. Should we set up a fund for my buddies lost 20% of income while he recovers?

The answer is no.

On a side note. If the topic is kept completely on topic it will slide down the page and be lost in a short time. So... Off topic discussion keeps the topic at the top of the page and more likely hood of more donations to your buddy.
Wow... if you dont feel like giving or helping ... fine... but why do you feel that you have to explain to everyone here your reason ....

Have you ever heard the word compassion... it has nothing to do with logic, or rational thinking... it is something that most human have in them. They can relate to someone who's in a bad situation and they will just try to help, nothing in return, no justification... just helping someone because you can and also because it makes you feel good.

Return to “Kitesurfing”