Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Switch In Bed With Middle Men

Forum for kitesurfers
Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Switch In Bed With Middle Men

Postby Faxie » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:27 pm

corbett wrote:You make an interesting accusation Do Yoda. One I never thought of.

A middle man must hold inventory which in the case of Switch is a 3rd party building in England, Hong Kong and somewhere else I think.

You say Switch has broken the Advertising Standards Authority of New Zealand code of conduct by stating they are direct sales when infact, as you rightly point out, a middle man holds the inventory.

Do you have any more proof of this breach of advertising rules?

I am getting very concerned about my friend Faxie in Netherlands, he has not entered this thread yet. He's probably out on his bicycle having a great time making cars stop for him.
Don't cry, I was just having some fun in the waves today. :baby:

Maybe someday when you're grown up, you can take the sidewheels of your tiny bike and have fun with the big boys. :remybussi:

And Switch on Amazon: I don't give a crap :roll:

corbett
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Many
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby corbett » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:32 pm

Ajax Faxie,

Amazon don't give a crap about Netherlands either. They consider it worker abuse to make them carry all the boxes on bicycles LOL.

Love you too Faxie:)

alamos_kiter
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: yes, I use gear.

Postby alamos_kiter » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:01 pm

Nah well Netherlands is a different story. Amazon not getting in has to do with postage.

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:11 pm

corbett wrote:You make an interesting accusation Do Yoda. One I never thought of.

A middle man must hold inventory which in the case of Switch is a 3rd party building in England, Hong Kong and somewhere else I think.

You say Switch has broken the Advertising Standards Authority of New Zealand code of conduct by stating they are direct sales when infact, as you rightly point out, a middle man holds the inventory.

Do you have any more proof of this breach of advertising rules?
Switch's "3 party" distribution warehouses do not constitute as "middle men". Middle men = Retailers.
I don't see how Switch broke any advertising rules. Switch is simply a manufacturer who also sells direct. It's no different than let's say Slingshot who's also a manufacturer who also sells direct. Neither Switch nor Slingshot are retailers in the traditional sense, but in the 21st century, here in the US at least, it's become common place for brands to sell direct. This modern method of sales has it's pros and cons, but none the less, it's becoming more prevalent. Some companies have even taken it the next level... have you been to (or seen) an Apple store? How they go about selling direct and the associated pricing they set forth is based entirely on their established business plan.

corbett
Very Frequent Poster

Postby corbett » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:21 pm

I can no longer discuss this legal case with you Da Yoda as you are now a witness and as such, has been seized by the court.

It seems you have backed down from your previous statement

Have you discussed this case with anyone else? Has anyone contacted you about the case?

Has someone intimidated my witness?

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Da Yoda » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:31 pm

Da Yoda wrote:[Neither Switch nor Slingshot are retailers in the traditional sense, but in the 21st century, here in the US at least, it's become common place for brands to sell direct.
I think this is the disconnect. Traditionally we're used to the "margin system" business model of supporting an independent retailer. Since the retail environment has dramatically changed over the years, manufacturers are now investing in becoming "retailers" themselves. However the industry does not label them as a "retailer" because they also manufacture, market, supply, warranty/repair, etc said products.

Switch stated they are a direct sale business, which is correct. No breach took place from what I can tell. Their statement was truthful and accurate. Where they store and ship their products is irrelevant to what and how they advertise.

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Da Yoda » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:34 pm

corbett wrote:Have you discussed this case with anyone else? Has anyone contacted you about the case?

Has someone intimidated my witness?
I didn't know you were involved with some legal case. Nobody has spoken to me or contacted me about anything. I only speak the truth. :thumb:

corbett
Very Frequent Poster

Postby corbett » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:52 pm

You'll be contacted shortly by my legal team in our case, Ronnie V Corbett.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:44 pm

I don't understand the point of this post?

Amazon, in this case, works as a store front. Right? What seems to the problem with this?

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Gear:

Postby dylan* » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:04 am

tautologies wrote:I don't understand the point of this post?

Amazon, in this case, works as a store front. Right? What seems to the problem with this?
Some people just want to whine about anything.

Return to “Kitesurfing”