Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: World Record 19m / 63ft ! Largest Wave Ever Kitesurfed

Postby kas911 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:44 pm

LiquidXtasy wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:44 pm
What's so hard about that?
Well its not as hard as a kiteloop kgb i presume. But you cant really practise nor f*ck up. Because, one mistake, and the risk of death is quite high. Like you and Dixie., High as kites. Happy new year fockers!

LiquidXtasy
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The beach that's closest to my house.
Favorite Beaches: The ones with sand and water.
Style: 2 Feet on the board, 2 hands on the bar
Gear: I'm not driving right now, but when I drive I always start out in 1st.
Brand Affiliation: Your mom

Postby LiquidXtasy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:47 pm

Practice what? Riding around on a kite?

Happy new year

DWX
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Travel only
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco, St. Peter Ording
Style: free/wave
Gear: ❤️Core/Carved❤️Forever❤️
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby DWX » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:13 am

kas911 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:44 pm
LiquidXtasy wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:44 pm
What's so hard about that?
Well its not as hard as a kiteloop kgb i presume. But you cant really practise nor f*ck up. Because, one mistake, and the risk of death is quite high. Like you and Dixie., High as kites. Happy new year fockers!
Sadly it’s jerks like kas911, a terrorist of sorts, that get kite beaches closed. Drugged aholes who only think about getting high so their only way of understanding the world is through drug references.

Hey jerk, you can’t plagiarize me and then attack me to cover up the steal! Starsky No. 2! He used to plagiarize & attack me all the time! Low class scum! These tricks may work among your low class potheads, but not on this forum, which is for serious kiters. Learn some respect or get your pleb ass out of here!

Happy new year to me from the plebs on the forum!

DWX
Frequent Poster

Postby DWX » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:15 am

LiquidXtasy wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:47 pm
Practice what? Riding around on a kite?

Happy new year
Happy New Year, LiquidXstasy! Sorry this beautiful thread got hijacked by the plebs. Let’s get back to it.

Flyboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Flyboy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:24 am

To be fair if he had dropped in or even ridden part of a wave wouldn't it be on the clip instead of showing him ridding between them ? Agreed Nazare is a special wave to ride (go straight and run for it :)) but if surfers did it so could a kitesurfer !

I don't know. The sequences I'm seeing are very incomplete, but at one point the wake shows that he has ridden directly down the face of the wave, pretty much the same at a tow-in surfer. Yes, he ends up well in front of the breaking part of the wave, but that seems to be the only way to avoid getting caught by the wave as it's moving so fast. All the surfers do the same thing, or ride up high so that they can kick out the side - when they don't, they end up being caught by the wave.

DWX
Frequent Poster

Postby DWX » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:35 am

Flyboy wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:24 am
To be fair if he had dropped in or even ridden part of a wave wouldn't it be on the clip instead of showing him ridding between them ? Agreed Nazare is a special wave to ride (go straight and run for it :)) but if surfers did it so could a kitesurfer !

I don't know. The sequences I'm seeing are very incomplete, but at one point the wake shows that he has ridden directly down the face of the wave, pretty much the same at a tow-in surfer. Yes, he ends up well in front of the breaking part of the wave, but that seems to be the only way to avoid getting caught by the wave as it's moving so fast. All the surfers do the same thing, or ride up high so that they can kick out the side - when they don't, they end up being caught by the wave.
Good points! I wish Robby would do more on sharing his knowledge of the monsters. I believe he still holds the record?????

I can’t find anything on Robby kiting a 20m wave, but I remember distinctly seeing it somewhere. I know he SUPs 20m waves, but I can’t find the kite record anywhere. Anyone w info?

I imagine anyone with knowledge about local conditions in big waves can be helpful to kiters.

What was the previous record & where?

LiquidXtasy
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The beach that's closest to my house.
Favorite Beaches: The ones with sand and water.
Style: 2 Feet on the board, 2 hands on the bar
Gear: I'm not driving right now, but when I drive I always start out in 1st.
Brand Affiliation: Your mom

Postby LiquidXtasy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:11 pm

Flyboy wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:24 am
The guy just made 1 tack, back and forth.

Let that sink in for a minute...

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:20 pm

Well, then, maybe
you should quit your forum flack
and just go out there and show us how it ‘should’ be done if it’s so easy

We will be holding our breath waiting.......

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:43 pm

Got to love the keyboard warriors saying "that's easy", " not in the critical part of the wave"....

I've ridden some big waves over the years. Nothing even close to this monster. I'm thinking triple head high, maybe 1/3rd the size of this wave?.
At triple head high it's an insane experience. Masses of water moving, usually chop and cross swell making the wave really lumpy. The wave speed is intense. You have crank a full pace just to stay on the front face. Combine that with the lumpy face it make for a real challenging and unpredictable ride. When the monster is churning next you, you bloody well know that there's potentially death if go through the washing machine.

I can only image what riding that monster would be like. It is certainly stuff up and die material. Riding any part of that wave going in or out is legendary. I doubt very much that the trolls on this thread would even put a wet suit on.

Return to “Kitesurfing”