Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Len10 - Captain Carbon

Postby plummet » Sun May 07, 2017 12:07 am

vannibombonato wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 8:04 pm
palmbeacher wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 7:31 pm
I can understand dropping 1200 USD on a foil, but a twintip not so much... I am really curious who is going to fork out that much money for a board. The Shinn Monk is half the price and probably a better board.
Out of curiosity, why do you think 1.2k is ok for a foil but not for a twintip?

this thread is starting to sound something like "i think it's smart to spend the money on the stuff i like to spend it on, spending on anything else is stupid".
A foil is considerably harder and more complex to manufacture than a TT. The TT by comparison is easy peasy!
foils should be twice the price as TT's

Kitecompany
Rare Poster
Gear: North EVO and Ozone Frenzy
Brand Affiliation: NONE
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kitecompany » Sun May 07, 2017 10:48 am

Can you ride it with straps or is it too stiff? #askingforafriend

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Eleveight

Postby Kitemanmuc » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:30 pm

Anyone tried out this board?

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:29 pm

Starsky wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 1:30 pm
All of his best work was done around 2009-2013. Just before he jumped ship to Best. Nothing truly mind blowing since then on the water, of course his recovery from cancer is both impressive and an upbeat relief. He's an icon for sure, but echoing the post about how nothing has changed in the last decade. You want to stomp it like Lenten in his prime......Spend about half of what your would on a full carbon board and get yourself an old fuel, a set of boots and a standard twin tip. Then just grow a pair of humungimous balls!
I love finding nonsensical words that sound like they should be real words, such as "Embiggened" from The Simpsons. I think I just found another one! Thanks, Starsky! :thumb: :wink:

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:05 am

TheRussian wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 9:27 am
Just noticed that Simon at Nomad is knocking out carbon/"spectra" boards for close on €2,000 ! But at least this is for a custom board.

Made me think back 15years or so when Tad Ciastula started making boards with this new wonder-material
Had one of Tad's tinkler tails. First tail broke after 30 minutes. The new tail laminated on was stiff as a plank and lasted 40 minutes. He got the board back and I waved bye-bye.

kjorn
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kjorn » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:08 am

Starsky wrote:
All of his best work was done around 2009-2013. Just before he jumped ship to Best. Nothing truly mind blowing since then on the water, of course his recovery from cancer is both impressive and an upbeat relief. He's an icon for sure, but echoing the post about how nothing has changed in the last decade. You want to stomp it like Lenten in his prime......Spend about half of what your would on a full carbon board and get yourself an old fuel, a set of boots and a standard twin tip. Then just grow a pair of humungimous balls!
He's 5th on the Woo leader board, 28m jump.... I think he's still doing OK ... he's still mega looping and didn't he invent a new trick -- the boogie loop a couple of years ago?

The guys a legend.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:37 am

Wasn’t he the one trying to do an S-loop? Like a loop with a second reverse loop or something? Whatever happened with that?

xray
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius
Style: Freeride/wave
Gear: Pivot 5-8
Has thanked: 0

Postby xray » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:24 am

Starsky wrote:
You kinda missed his epic stormchasing sessions lately.... oh and some more I guess..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ouEzDxyQdU

also check out his instagram for instance
https://www.instagram.com/p/BdOHvGyAuRe ... rubenlen10

More guys nowadays showing off impressive stuff he pioneered, so it might stand out less but the current bar has been raised almost solely by him...

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos

Postby Robsw6 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:59 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:05 am
TheRussian wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 9:27 am
Just noticed that Simon at Nomad is knocking out carbon/"spectra" boards for close on €2,000 ! But at least this is for a custom board.

Made me think back 15years or so when Tad Ciastula started making boards with this new wonder-material
Had one of Tad's tinkler tails. First tail broke after 30 minutes. The new tail laminated on was stiff as a plank and lasted 40 minutes. He got the board back and I waved bye-bye.
Ha ha ha..... love it !!! When I saw them I thought they looked v fragile !!!!!!

As for lamination, I was told by one custom carbon board producer who shall remain nameless, that after spending a lot of €€€€€, air bubbles are to be expected as all boards he produced are in effect ongoing R&D - he did offer to grind off the underside of the board and renew it - but I thought better of it and left it as it was..... buyer beware !!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”