Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Diable line of Elf Joker7

For all foil kite riders

ariel_cloud
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Qidong in China
Favorite Beaches: Pingtan in China, Tarifa in Spain, Kalpitiya in Srilanka.
Style: freeride, hydrofoil and racing.
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic FR18m, Speed21m, KFA MK3.
Brand Affiliation: None

Diable line of Elf Joker7

Postby ariel_cloud » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:35 am

Hi there,
Just got Elf Joker7, 11m and 15m. What is the use of the diable line there?
Thanks.
Ariel

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Elf Joker-7 15m

Re: Diable line of Elf Joker7

Postby Mossy 757 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:09 pm

You can tune the bridle as well as your bar so that when you let out your trimmer all the way and pull the bar against the chicken loop it increases the final ratios of the bridle to greatly increase camber for more downwind angle. When I first flew my 15m, my flying lines were all equal length with the trimmer at full power and my bar against my chicken loop. In this setup, the Diablo line did not even engage. I shortened my rear lines a tiny amount so that being fully sheeted at full power induced some oversheeting (backstall) which helped me control the kite at the edge of the wind window, and also helped the Diablo line engage. Now that my bar has this oversheeting tuned into it, my "full power" downwind setting is letting the trimmer all the way out, then pulling it back in about 1".

I think the trick for tuning it is to get the kite so that it flies very well at full power downwind, then gradually increase the amount the Diablo engages until you find the sweet spot.

As highly engineered as Elfs are, they definitely need an experienced hand when setting them up for the race course, and their speed system is not the easiest to adjust compared to Flysurfer or the new Ozone system. I still don't feel like I ever really got mine dialed in correctly, but once I'm done with my post-injury rehab intend to spend a lot of time messing around tuning it.

ariel_cloud
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Qidong in China
Favorite Beaches: Pingtan in China, Tarifa in Spain, Kalpitiya in Srilanka.
Style: freeride, hydrofoil and racing.
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic FR18m, Speed21m, KFA MK3.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Diable line of Elf Joker7

Postby ariel_cloud » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:48 am

Mossy 757 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:09 pm
You can tune the bridle as well as your bar so that when you let out your trimmer all the way and pull the bar against the chicken loop it increases the final ratios of the bridle to greatly increase camber for more downwind angle. When I first flew my 15m, my flying lines were all equal length with the trimmer at full power and my bar against my chicken loop. In this setup, the Diablo line did not even engage. I shortened my rear lines a tiny amount so that being fully sheeted at full power induced some oversheeting (backstall) which helped me control the kite at the edge of the wind window, and also helped the Diablo line engage. Now that my bar has this oversheeting tuned into it, my "full power" downwind setting is letting the trimmer all the way out, then pulling it back in about 1".

I think the trick for tuning it is to get the kite so that it flies very well at full power downwind, then gradually increase the amount the Diablo engages until you find the sweet spot.

As highly engineered as Elfs are, they definitely need an experienced hand when setting them up for the race course, and their speed system is not the easiest to adjust compared to Flysurfer or the new Ozone system. I still don't feel like I ever really got mine dialed in correctly, but once I'm done with my post-injury rehab intend to spend a lot of time messing around tuning it.
Thanks Mossy, always appreciate your high quality reply.
Ariel

Return to “Foil Kites”