Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Are Switch kites getting any better?

Forum for kitesurfers
gibsonandpickett
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Are Switch kites getting any better?

Postby gibsonandpickett » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:00 am

I will definitely get the new elements when my nitro 4s give up. I loved the way the elements perform! Well done switch. Bridal wraps come a lot from inexperience. Only time it happens with me is on self launching.

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:25 pm

Hey Felix,

It looks like a real groan dealing with the internet public at times. Chin up and stick to the high road.

Very cool to see your still rocking the waves unhooked with these newer bridled kites. Can you comment on how the kite flying mechanics have changed compared to C's. I kind of gave up on unhooking in waves with bridled kites and went full slider, but would love to get some of that back.

Cheers.

galewarning
Frequent Poster
Weight: 168
Local Beach: Any slowly draining lake in the Desert Southwest & Land of Detachment.
Gear: Kite & foil kit: 15.5m Switch H2, 12m SS RPX, 7/10m RPM ('19), 8m SS UFO V2.0, 5/6[V5]/8m[V6] SS SST, SS Phantasm 633, SS Dwarfcraft 110, SS 5'4 Convert [my directional], SS 159 Glide; SS 138 Vision, 136 Nobile Split, SS 133 Luna
Wing kit: SS Wingcraft 90 / SS G900 / 4.4 & 5.4 Vayu wings
Brand Affiliation: None directly, but I do have friends in the snow and wind sports industries.

Postby galewarning » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:08 pm

@Felix,

Seems you've opted to take the low road. Guess we're bumping along in the gutter now.
Not really sure how my posts are BS. I probably know more than you think and I've actually been quite restrained with my postings.
Sorry if all the probing questions on the E6 bugged you, but people know the E6 isn't an internal design and want to know where it came from. I'm not the only one who thinks 6-pulleys are a step in the wrong direction. Bridle wrapping is a big deal to some of us too...
The real problem is with you. You don't know how to promote a product without getting all defensive. It seems all your energy is being consumed by defending the new Swicon... or should we call it Swichicon?
You have a serious misconception that the value of someone's opinion only correlates with their riding ability. If this were true, then I'm only listening to Marc... who would also be the only one designing... er, aah, I mean outsourcing kites for you.
I currently have a quiver of 6 kites, 5 of which are Switch. Unfortunately, I believe this number is going to be trending down. [Edit: Four are Switch, Two are SS]
Peeps like me are core to your business. Word of mouth by me probably sold 3-6 kites for you. Peanuts, but stoked customers* are good to have. I'm a 60-year-old kiter who's not going to be on the cover of magazines. Now that you know that, guess you and others reading this sad thread can stop reading because I've lost the thread of credibility I was clinging to. However, I frequent the Gulf Coast, West Coast, Gorge, La Ventana and occasionally Maui. I'm relatively new to kiting, getting into the sport right before Switch came online, but I've windsurfed since '84. I'm a certified PSIA ski instructor. WIA certified [WIA now dissolved]. Of more concern for you, I'm probably going to get IKO certified this upcoming season. I'm not an official globe trotter, but I'm poised to retire and will be in contact with more and more kiters. Yeah, the customer is probably always wrong, instead of right, but you have to at least pretend to listen to your customer base and pretend to give a shit and value what they ask/say.
You are right about going for a test and to stop listening to people. But you should hope that I'm not the only one who stops listening to you. Is spewing posts on this thread part of your job description? Does your employer support you on this?

*Now a totally alienated Switch customer,

Michael Barry Ritchey
Albuquerque, NM

PS - To the rest of our readers. Save your energy and move onto another sub-topic...
felixp wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:33 pm
Galewarning ( Barry)

You are too much.
Lot of people starting to see you through your Bullshit posts.
Also please post some video of your self riding to show people how qualified you really are ..

I state true facts for people to have true info.
The E6 bridal will not tangle.
All other Switch bridal from the past will tangle.
Easy as that, I have tangled even the e5 a lot. That span line is a band aid that does not work,
You should really go test for real instead of listening to people.

Plain and simple.

Go kiteboarding,
Last edited by galewarning on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

felixp
Frequent Poster
Gear: Switch
Brand Affiliation: Switch, Firewire
Been thanked: 0

Postby felixp » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Hi Barry,
Yes I know your background and know how you are getting certain information.
How ever things change with time and there are always 3 sides to every story . What you know - What I know and the truth.
I could go into it here but it nor the place or time.
Maybe might see you in person again and I can give you my side and a demo of a New Switch kite.

Bottom line is a good kite will speak for it self with time.
No matter how many pulleys or who designed it.
If people decide to give it a chance and they like it great.. If not many more options out there including the new models we have in the works.
Maybe one of these will be your cup of tea.
Good luck with your IKO course and Maybe you might come around to trying some of the new Switch designs that I feel are a step forward for the everyday rider.
Let honest reviews do the talking its the only way.
Peace out.
Felix.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 7.41.01 AM.jpg

_Jakobie
Rare Poster
Local Beach: North shores, Denmark
Gear: Switch gear. 9+12M Nitro6, 9+12m Element6, 16m Helium3, Brunotti Youri Zoon 140x43 2017, SP straps.

Postby _Jakobie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:21 pm

Took some quick footage from todays session and put it together..

!! ITS A 9M ELEMENT6 !! A NINE! METER !!

Info:

Kite: Element6 9m 2018
Bar: C4X 55cm
Rider Weight: 100kg (with gear)
Board: 140x43 youri zoon TT
Wind: 20ish knots
Wind temp: 33F
Level: Intermidiate/Advanced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXqb8-I4qxc

My video editing skills are not that good and cant say anything about the weather... Its Denmark in the winter = COLD AS ****

The kite is a jumping machine, got me to 10m in 20kt.. Usally I need a lot more to get that high.

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:15 pm

Maybe I'm hallucinating but I swear I saw "team rider" associated with jakoblondal's profile, not there now but after his first post, the E6 review.
Great video, looks like an excellent kite but if it's coming from a team rider or a super advanced rider it means less to me.

_Jakobie
Rare Poster
Gear: Switch gear. 9+12M Nitro6, 9+12m Element6, 16m Helium3, Brunotti Youri Zoon 140x43 2017, SP straps.

Postby _Jakobie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:43 pm

alford wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:15 pm
Maybe I'm hallucinating but I swear I saw "team rider" associated with jakoblondal's profile, not there now but after his first post, the E6 review.
Great video, looks like an excellent kite but if it's coming from a team rider or a super advanced rider it means less to me.
So what you are saying is, that if a pro rider goes out and uses a kite from a brand that have 4-5 models, you wouldt not believe it is a good kite for that person? And he can come with his 5 cent? Like, when they interview for KOTA? The riders there isnt believable when talking about gear.

What do you take for good review? please, let me know.

Im am just trying to answer some of the questions with video/photo, so people can see im not just sitting at home, in the chair, writing tings for fun. I go out, test it, like it and want to spread the word of a great kite.

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:00 pm

It's actually a compliment, great kiters look great on just about any kite. What I want to know is how will a given kite make me, the average Joe, ride better.

Bill C
Frequent Poster

Postby Bill C » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:00 am

jakoblondal, I liked your video. Gave me a good perspective on jumping, looping, hang time, etc. I like viewing some of the 'grass roots' videos when making a buying decision.

_Jakobie
Rare Poster

Postby _Jakobie » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:51 am

Alford. -The kite in a 9m will give the avarage Joe stability! Simple. Nothing where you will think "oh crap" what did I do now, that said, everybody can make a fault while riding. But the kite only does, what you tell it to do. It is a kite where you have great feeling and knows where it is in the window.

I think for newcomers its a kite where you can progress a lot if you want to, or simply use it as a cruise machine if that is what you do. We tried switching it over on the water me and my buddy in the video, so he could try it. We had NO problem at all as the kite was super easy to relaunch, or, it was not a complete relaunch since I just parked the kite at the end of the windows with one tip resting on the water and unhooked it, only holding it in the chicken loop (will not recommend this, if you dont know what you should do if it goes wrong), but at that point it maked me realised again and harder just how stable it really is. See it as a self launch on water, where I was the pole/spear/car or what you use. It did nothing, it just stod there like I wanted. Waiting to be giving the next "command"

The kite only do what you are telling it to do, when you are telling it that, it is one hell of a kite!

Bill C: Thank you, glad it was useful!

Cheers
Jakob

Return to “Kitesurfing”