Gear: TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 110
Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Levitaz Vs. Ghost Whisperer

Postby TomW » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:10 pm

I speculate, the new moses fuselage is designed to eliminate the pointy ends people complaining about. Then they decided to not use " turned" or rotationally symmetrical shape because it was more effective to mill it all on cnc, or reduce amount of material removal.
Again, I'm guessing.

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Eleveight

Postby Kitemanmuc » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:07 pm

jeffrydamico wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:29 pm
Kitemanmuc wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:24 pm
If you are going Ghost Whisperer, get a Moses. Ghost Whisperer is last years Moses Vorace gear rebranded for Slingshot.
I prefer Moses of Levitaz, better price, better foil in my honest opinion, but you are looking at the two best in the industry. Comes down to personal preference. If you want to hear honest feedback, Kite Hydrofoil Miami carries both brands and has tested them both extensively, you could give them a call or shoot them an email.
Thanks Kitemanmuc!
Agreed, I just figured that out about Moses before I read your post. I also just left Kite Hydrofoil Miami a message, Great idea.. Now I'm leaning toward the Moses Vorace 101 Gt. Have you ridden it? I know there is a lot of choices in wing sizes. Please let me know your thoughts. I could use some good opinions. I also noticed the fuselage on the new 2018 moses looks faster. Levitaz 2018 stuff won't be available until April/May..
Hey Jeff,

I actually use a 2018 Vorace with a 558 front wing. It’s bar none my favorite set up. My style of riding is going fast, boosting and board offs. The new fuselage comes without the cone and leads to cleaner flow hitting the front wing at high angles of attack. Usually doesn’t affect foils and I honestly can’t really tell a difference. There is a guy at our beach who just started using the race wing with the vorace mast. 637 I believe. It’s REALLY fast and really stable and it’s planes early. Can’t go wrong. I prefer Moses over Levi just because of the feeling. I’m sure the guys at KHM will get back to you, probably busy foiling :). What is your riding style?
Last edited by Kitemanmuc on Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemanmuc » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:08 pm

TomW wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:10 pm
I speculate, the new moses fuselage is designed to eliminate the pointy ends people complaining about. Then they decided to not use " turned" or rotationally symmetrical shape because it was more effective to mill it all on cnc, or reduce amount of material removal.
Again, I'm guessing.
I would agree

jeffrydamico
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Lake McConaughy
Favorite Beaches: Lake McConaughy
South Padre
La Ventana
Prea, Brazil
Style: Free Style/Big Air, Foiling, Surf
Gear: Naish!
Brand Affiliation: Naish
Been thanked: 0

Postby jeffrydamico » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:34 pm

Kitemanmuc wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:07 pm
jeffrydamico wrote:
Kitemanmuc wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:24 pm
If you are going Ghost Whisperer, get a Moses. Ghost Whisperer is last years Moses Vorace gear rebranded for Slingshot.
I prefer Moses of Levitaz, better price, better foil in my honest opinion, but you are looking at the two best in the industry. Comes down to personal preference. If you want to hear honest feedback, Kite Hydrofoil Miami carries both brands and has tested them both extensively, you could give them a call or shoot them an email.
Thanks Kitemanmuc!
Agreed, I just figured that out about Moses before I read your post. I also just left Kite Hydrofoil Miami a message, Great idea.. Now I'm leaning toward the Moses Vorace 101 Gt. Have you ridden it? I know there is a lot of choices in wing sizes. Please let me know your thoughts. I could use some good opinions. I also noticed the fuselage on the new 2018 moses looks faster. Levitaz 2018 stuff won't be available until April/May..
Hey Jeff,

I actually use a 2018 Vorace with a 558 front wing. It’s bar none my favorite set up. My style of riding is going fast, boosting and board offs. The new fuselage comes without the cone and leads to cleaner flow hitting the front wing at high angles of attack. Usually doesn’t affect foils and I honestly can’t really tell a difference. There is a guy at our beach who just started using the race wing with the vorace mast. 637 I believe. It’s REALLY fast and really stable and it’s planes early. Can’t go wrong. I prefer Moses over Levi just because of the feeling. I’m sure the guys at KHM will get back to you, probably busy foiling :). What is your riding style?
This looks to be a great setup. After speaking with Laszlo from Miami, he said he will be riding the new 2018 Levitaz foils next week. He promises to share some info with me. As you said, I don't think you can go wrong with either..
I tend to ride the spray tray when it blows over 15mph. Strapless surf is one of my favorites, although I don't have the opportunity very often. I usually foil in 5-15 Mph winds. I live in Colorado, so I do some snow kiting too.

We ride at a lake in Nebraska called lake McConaughy. It's awesome! White sand, fresh water. You can drive on the beach, and build a bonfire at night. Camping right next to the water. One of my favorites! Having a foil board setup enables you to ride almost every day. There are a lot of days where it blows 5-14 MPH.
I noticed you had SU2 as a brand listed under your profile. Are you Polish?

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemanmuc » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:40 pm

jeffrydamico wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:34 pm
Kitemanmuc wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:07 pm
jeffrydamico wrote:

Thanks Kitemanmuc!
Hey Jeff,

This looks to be a great setup. After speaking with Laszlo from Miami, he said he will be riding the new 2018 Levitaz foils next week. He promises to share some info with me. As you said, I don't think you can go wrong with either..
I tend to ride the spray tray when it blows over 15mph. Strapless surf is one of my favorites, although I don't have the opportunity very often. I usually foil in 5-15 Mph winds. I live in Colorado, so I do some snow kiting too.

We ride at a lake in Nebraska called lake McConaughy. It's awesome! White sand, fresh water. You can drive on the beach, and build a bonfire at night. Camping right next to the water. One of my favorites! Having a foil board setup enables you to ride almost every day. There are a lot of days where it blows 5-14 MPH.
I noticed you had SU2 as a brand listed under your profile. Are you Polish?
Nope! Not Polish. :) German.
That lake sounds sick. It you want to foil down to 5 knots and have fun, ask Laszlo about his Kitech kites as well!

Return to “Hydrofoil”