Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Where's the freeride 5 struts kites ??

Forum for kitesurfers
Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Where's the freeride 5 struts kites ??

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:04 am

Twitchy means "not as predictable" so to speak, sometimes it gets kind of a "tick", and it might flap in some conditions when really windy and turned hard and maybe depowered, and the full kite does not feel as good/rigid.

But I dont think many has made 5 strut kites in the windy wavekites meaning 4-5-6 m2 sizes nor earlier, where it has been 3 struts mostly.

In the 7 to 9 m2 yes, several has chosen 3 struts now you are right, as it seems to fit most kitesurfers better as more versatile and lighter, which is better for many things, but will suffer slightly in terms of twitchiness yes.

So more difficult to find a 5 strut nowadays indeed Mikelet.

But they are out there, also the new Takoon Furias are 5 strut even the smallest 6 m2 .

8) Peter

mikelet
Frequent Poster
Style: Yes
Gear: Yes
Brand Affiliation: No

Postby mikelet » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:18 pm

That's it !!, you nailed it Peter Frank , :thumb: , not necessary to look at a dictionary i was just sharing feelings and thoughts..And i'm not native speaker also....

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:14 pm

*Disclaimer-I sell these and lots of others...

I know it's a 3 strut, not a 5 strut like you were asking for, but I think the Ocean Rodeo Prodigy would fit pretty much all the criteria you're saying that you'd like. I tend to like the high AR kites (Flite, Rebel, Edge) for their jumping/hangtime, but the smaller Prodigys (I especially like the 9.5) are just really great, stable, do-it-all kites. They really eat gusts well, which is one of the things that I like so much about them. Very forgiving. Give one a try if you can and I think you'll see what I mean. :thumb:

SofiParr22
Rare Poster
Local Beach: La Cinta
Favorite Beaches: La Cinta, Scheveningen, Zandvoort
Gear: Advance Kites, Peter Lynn Kiteboarding kites, Brunotti board
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby SofiParr22 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:17 am

Peter Lynn's Hook has 5 struts, and comes in small sizes like the 4m2

Return to “Kitesurfing”