Re: Moses 2018

Postby cwood » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:27 am

Texaskiter wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:34 am
cwood wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 5:10 pm
Texaskiter wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 3:42 pm
Cwood- It may be that I am simply getting used to the 637. But the initial feel is that it takes more effort to get the same pop due to the pitch stability. Loading feels good on both wings. Both are fast but the 637 goes fast more effortlessly. Just feels like the 558 jumps out of the water more distinctly. Please give us your review when you get out there. Will be interested in your impressions. Again, you will be amazed at the low end (slow planing) capability on the 637 as well.
The reviews of the low end have surprised me for sure. Begs the question why one would need the 558 as well if the range is so good. I have a feeling that I will be a 637 guy with occasional 633 sessions.
Cwood - I purposely went out yesterday and tried both the 558 and 637 in one session to see if I agreed with my original position. And I must say I have flipped my opinion. The 637 is a much better jumping set up. I think my initial issue was that my mast placement was too far forward. This required a lot of front foot pressure at speed which made the load and pop more challenging than the 558. Now that I have the 637 mast in the sweet spot (all the way back), there is no comparison to how fast I can go and then load and pop. I am still dialing it in but am now thinking the 558 is gonna be for sale soon. Sounds like you use a Woo. My user ID in the Woo world is John Price. Let me know your handle so I can keep up with your jumps. Had jumps in the 40 ft range the last 3 days. All in sub 18mph wind. What a game change foiling is.
Hi John! We are already connected on Woo!..Chuck. Glad to hear this. What is the space difference for the mast from 558 to a comfortable spot for the 637? I'd rather have a frame of reference from you than going through trial and error :-).

Pedro Marcos
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Pedro Marcos » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:38 pm

Start with 8cm difference, then adjust to your likings from there.

Texaskiter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Texas City
Galveston
Favorite Beaches: North Shore, Oahu, Hawaii
Playa del Carmen
Style: Freeride, surf, hydrofoil, airstyle
Gear: Core, Ozone, Moses,

Postby Texaskiter » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:51 pm

cwood wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:27 am
Texaskiter wrote:
cwood wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 5:10 pm

The reviews of the low end have surprised me for sure. Begs the question why one would need the 558 as well if the range is so good. I have a feeling that I will be a 637 guy with occasional 633 sessions.
Cwood - I purposely went out yesterday and tried both the 558 and 637 in one session to see if I agreed with my original position. And I must say I have flipped my opinion. The 637 is a much better jumping set up. I think my initial issue was that my mast placement was too far forward. This required a lot of front foot pressure at speed which made the load and pop more challenging than the 558. Now that I have the 637 mast in the sweet spot (all the way back), there is no comparison to how fast I can go and then load and pop. I am still dialing it in but am now thinking the 558 is gonna be for sale soon. Sounds like you use a Woo. My user ID in the Woo world is John Price. Let me know your handle so I can keep up with your jumps. Had jumps in the 40 ft range the last 3 days. All in sub 18mph wind. What a game change foiling is.
Hi John! We are already connected on Woo!..Chuck. Glad to hear this. What is the space difference for the mast from 558 to a comfortable spot for the 637? I'd rather have a frame of reference from you than going through trial and error :-).
Hey Chuck! Come see us in Houston when it gets cold up there! I moved the mast back about 2 inches from where I ride the 558. So that may give you a starting point.

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer

Postby cwood » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:34 pm

Texaskiter wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:51 pm
cwood wrote:
Texaskiter wrote:

Hey Chuck! Come see us in Houston when it gets cold up there! I moved the mast back about 2 inches from where I ride the 558. So that may give you a starting point.
Thanks! I moved it forward more yesterday on 558. I have to get everything forward to make room for 633 637 arrivals! Would love to kite down there at some pt. You are always welcome in the great white north as well. We have been connecting with woo people on trips lately. Cool to meet people in person that you get to know through woo.

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.

Postby Foil » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:47 am

cwood wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:34 pm
Texaskiter wrote:
cwood wrote:

Thanks! I moved it forward more yesterday on 558. I have to get everything forward to make room for 633 637 arrivals! Would love to kite down there at some pt. You are always welcome in the great white north as well. We have been connecting with woo people on trips lately. Cool to meet people in person that you get to know through woo.
Very relevent topic for me at the moment,
I used my 637 race wing combination for the first time yesterday, just after using my 633 Onda wing, wind was mega light at 12 mph or 10 knts and I was using my 12 MTR Reo, after reading your advise to move the 637 wing back from the setting for the 588, I just kept my mast in the same position that I use for the 633 Onga, and gave it a try,
What an experience! The speed and the smoothness through the water was breathtaking, I quickly realised I needed to widen my stance a little and moved my back foot back to nearly touching the back strap,
At speed the foil was so pitch stable and so utterly smooth, I just wanted to go for miles which was a problem as the wind was so light with patchy areas of near no wind, so I had to behave and stay close to shore just in case,
after a few runs I realised I had very little front foot pressure to deal with at full speed, in fact so little it felt a little strange, is this a feature of the 637? Or should the wing be moved a bit more forward ?
I am thinking maybe I should, to give me more instant pop out of the water.and give me a lower stall speed for the turns.
But for now I think my only wings going forward will be the 633 Onda and the shockingly exciting 637 R combo.
Wow!
And it's so light!

Pedro Marcos
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby Pedro Marcos » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:36 am

Foil wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:47 am
cwood wrote:
Texaskiter wrote:

I used my 637 race wing combination for the first time yesterday, just after using my 633 Onda wing, wind was mega light at 12 mph or 10 knts and I was using my 12 MTR Reo, after reading your advise to move the 637 wing back from the setting for the 588, I just kept my mast in the same position that I use for the 633 Onga, and gave it a try,
What an experience! The speed and the smoothness through the water was breathtaking, I quickly realised I needed to widen my stance a little and moved my back foot back to nearly touching the back strap,
At speed the foil was so pitch stable and so utterly smooth, I just wanted to go for miles which was a problem as the wind was so light with patchy areas of near no wind, so I had to behave and stay close to shore just in case,
after a few runs I realised I had very little front foot pressure to deal with at full speed, in fact so little it felt a little strange, is this a feature of the 637? Or should the wing be moved a bit more forward ?
I am thinking maybe I should, to give me more instant pop out of the water.and give me a lower stall speed for the turns.
But for now I think my only wings going forward will be the 633 Onda and the shockingly exciting 637 R combo.
Wow!
And it's so light!
Yes the 637 is a great wing. Coming from the 633 its normal that you dont feel front foot pressure, for me, as long as i dont have back foot pressure, the minimum front foot pressure its the best. Even being a race wing you can go quite slow with the 637, but ofc you cant compare with the 633 on this.

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer

Postby cwood » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:06 pm

Foil wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:47 am
cwood wrote:
Texaskiter wrote:

Wow!
And it's so light!
Both my 633 and 637 arrived yesterday! Now I just have to deal with this pesky work thing so I can try stuff out!!

Foxi
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 82
Local Beach: Walchensee - the bavarian caribbean ;-)
Favorite Beaches: Lake Walchensee / Bavaria
Lake Garda / Italy
Paracuru / Brazil
Style: RED
Gear: Fanatic Sky Wing 5.6
Duotone Unit 2 6.0 / 4.5
Sabfoil Kraken M93/F703/S486/S425/W945/W999/W1250
Groove Skate
Moses Onda
Ozone Alpha V1
F-One Trax
North Mono & Neos

Postby Foxi » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:30 pm

590 > 633 is 5cm back right ?

Texaskiter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Texas City
Galveston
Favorite Beaches: North Shore, Oahu, Hawaii
Playa del Carmen
Style: Freeride, surf, hydrofoil, airstyle
Gear: Core, Ozone, Moses,

Postby Texaskiter » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:15 am

Foil- sounds like you should bump the mast up a half inch or so. You really want to feel very balanced at speed. Say 25Mph+. BTW- Pedro has some good thoughts too.

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast

Postby grigorib » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:38 am

Foxi wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:30 pm
590 > 633 is 5cm back right ?
4cm

Return to “Hydrofoil”