quiet often
11%

Total votes: 101

Dave K
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Outer Banks
Style: Knee friendly strapless kite/wing foil
Gear: 10 m Airush Ultra / 7M Switch Helium, 5M RRD Passion, 120cm Groove Skate. Duotone Slick SLS 6/5/4/3m, Cabrinha Code 5’0”/78l wing board, Gong Veloce V2 L, XL., XXL, Gong Fluid V2 L, pro Fluid 42cm/freestyle 44 stabilizers, Gong HM 85cm V2 carbon mast, 75cm Al mast. Foil Drive + and 40L slingshot prone foil board
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dave K » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:49 pm

I am like Toby. I use the North micro hook about 70% of the time depending on how powered I am and the type of trick. I like hooking in right before I launch. It's a one second reflex reaction. I'm 200 lbs and I think being locked in is a lot easier on us big guys.

Janus
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Private Kite & Wing Beach d'Epine
Style: Freeride
Gear: *

Postby Janus » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:34 pm

I vote always..

But the Microloops from North keep breaking and breaking (thx for all the replacements Toby!) so i get really sick of the system, why cant the make a good ML ?? so now i ride more and more with power at the knot and i got a FS Speed which you ride at the shock absorber (so more of less fixed)

wingsinmotion
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby wingsinmotion » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:53 am

i ride rhino with the power set with 100mm of travel. when i need to depower i pull in the strap. i weigh 65 kg so am light.

i wonder if it is more strenous on the bigger guys.

p

pierre.d
Very Frequent Poster

Postby pierre.d » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:41 am

I use naish bars, I don't use fixed loops anymore,
I don't think the pressure on the bar is an issue, after 3 hours generally my legs and my back suffer more then my arm & shoulders.

As for jumping , I don't see any issue in trimming the bar with one hand only.

Maybe I should have another try with a powerlock now ...

jasevinda
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jasevinda » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:01 am

I use Slingshots and a Nova

i couldnt even jump on my nova for a few sessions now i get major hangtime. its all about geting used to something different.

I havent used a fixed harness loop since i had my ARX back in the day.

I have no need at all for one. if you cant do your tricks without one. ditch it and in a few weeks i am sure you will have the stamina and relearn

Phillipp
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Phillipp » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:01 am

I'm looking forward for the Cabrinha Crossbow powerlock to come out. It will be of great use when jumping and having both hands free while still having the benefit of the kite's floatiness...

P

blacktip
Frequent Poster

Postby blacktip » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:36 am

Powerlock is the best. I'm never ever going to ride without one.
Im flying cabrinha kites 2005 recon 2 and its just so fantastic kite to use with powerlock.
Steady pull, always good powered when locked in. Learn to jump with powerlock and u get the biggest air.

Cabrinha powerlock u cannot compare to a fixed loop. Powerlock is much more easy in use, locking and unlocking. U can even unspin your lines while locked-in with recon 2.

I dont understand why cabrinha is the only one using it, besides the north system.

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:02 am

On a front line flyer like the Wipika Indy's, bar pressure is easy... can do 6-7hours straight... big boosts and all... no lock and don't want to accidentally be locked in on new tricks... and fall... ride the stopper ball in gusts and upwind sometimes... The North Rhinos 04 were hard on the arms... had to use the micro loops, but bent the wire down so it would catch at the wrong time... but was a hassle... the cabriha micro hook was clunky on full sheet in...

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:05 am

I dont understand why cabrinha is the only one using it, besides the north system.
me neither. Just talked to Jaime about it and even he uses it to relax his arms etc for a few seconds, then hooks out again.

One guy I met he even locks in while in the air and then starts to do deadmans or boardoffs.

The new North micro hook works better than the 2005 version. But they still break...but looks like less than last year...still improvement needed!

Greets
Toby

blacktip
Frequent Poster

Postby blacktip » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:29 pm

Yeah u right. Most controlbars suck. Safety systems seem to work nice, but there is always to much wear and tear in my opinion. U have to replace leaderlines, resleeve flying lines. Hate that!!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”