A few quick 15 m Ozone Sport II impressions

Forum for kitesurfers
YngvaiMalmsteve
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

A few quick 15 m Ozone Sport II impressions

Postby YngvaiMalmsteve » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:29 pm

Got a brand new 15 m Ozone Sport II. Had the chance to fly it a bit yesterday in 6-7 knots. Was able to go downwind on a Slingy SX 137 (I weigh 175 lbs) but not back upwind. If I had a Glide or Door I probably would've been able to do it. Did a bit of flying on the beach. Had to pull the back line adjusters all the way in due to the extremely light wind.

I won't truly know until I ride it, but I'm thinking Ozone nailed it with the Sport this year. It's got the depower of the '06, but it flies in less wind. Bar is so much simpler and cleaner. Sheeting is way smoother with the beal line. In such little wind, the kite didn't hindenburg on me at all....my '06 15 meter would've hindenberged on me on any small lull in that wind. Turns well for a 15, I was surprised how quickly I could sine it when going downwind. Way quicker to pump up than my '06 because of the 1-pump and the smaller leading edge/struts. Definitely feels like my '06, but better.

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 110
Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: A few quick 15 m Ozone Sport II impressions

Postby TomW » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:07 pm

A guy that i know, that has been kiting for many years on at our spot- a pro level skate boarder and honest guy. He loves c-kites. Was gonna beach rep Ozone Instincts.

Rode them for several weeks.

Told the distributor that he was not interested in repping kites. Said they were "nice, Like having "relations" ( thats not the word he used) with your sister". I said- uhhhh u mean " like having "relations" with your wife of 30 years" - Guy is not married- lacks experience in such " relationship" matters.

Went back to his 05-06 C-kites and gave up on a free quiver.

Won my respect...kites are.......uuuhhhh,,, Nice.

YngvaiMalmsteve
Medium Poster

Postby YngvaiMalmsteve » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:03 am

TomW wrote:A guy that i know, that has been kiting for many years on at our spot- a pro level skate boarder and honest guy. He loves c-kites. Was gonna beach rep Ozone Instincts.

Told the distributor that he was not interested in repping kites. Said they were "nice, Like having "relations" ( thats not the word he used) with your sister". I said- uhhhh u mean " like having "relations" with your wife of 30 years" - Guy is not married- lacks experience in such " relationship" matters.

I could see why a C-kite user wouldn't necessarily like an Ozone. They feel completely different. I used to fly an '04 Fuel. Completely different beast from a flat kite or hybrid. The Fuel would yank me around. Some riders prefer that. I like the smoother ride of the Ozone.

Mlkman
Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Instincts
Nobile kites
Nobile board
Surftech boards and SUP:s
Brand Affiliation: Ozone Importer
Nobile Importer
Surftech Importer

Postby Mlkman » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:29 pm

TomW wrote:A guy that i know, that has been kiting for many years on at our spot- a pro level skate boarder and honest guy. He loves c-kites. Was gonna beach rep Ozone Instincts.

Im the distributor..
Tom, I hope its ok if I correct you on a few details. Henrik tried a SportII 13m three times (two with wind), and unlike many others they didnt apeal to him. Nothing strange with that, there is no such thing as one kite for all. At least he took som time to find out for him self! That earns my respect to.
There has never been talk of a free quiver, not that it matters but you did bring it up.

kitesurfbali
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Sanur , Bali, Indonesia
Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
Lakey Peak, Sumbawa, Indonesia
Favorite Beaches: Too many....
Style: Waves shredder
Gear: Ozone, Airush, F-One, Peter Lynn - Kites
Airush, Underground, Surf X-treme custom - boards
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn, Ozone, Airush, Underground, F-One, Surf X-treme custom

Postby kitesurfbali » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:21 pm

Hello all,
even if I'm a surf dude and I'm at home with the Instinct Light, I had a go with both the Sport II 13 and 15m.
Kite are nice incrementally better then previous model.
If you like the Sport I you will love the II...
All about the same with more flying speed, a slightly better turning speed
(the 15m is much faster the last year... about the same as last year 13m)
and no more stalling even in waves.
The new bar is fantastic,,, or let's say the chicken loop and trim system.. the rest is about the same just more ergonomic padded terminals.

If you see one around ask to give it a go... Is a totally different kite from all the others out there, you may like it or not but to know you need to try!
Bye Jankie

Return to “Kitesurfing”