Laney
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Southend-on-Sea
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Howdy y'all!!

Postby Laney » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:06 am

I'm Elaine and just to be clear, I'm not from Texas! I'm living in Ilford (Newbury Park) and I'm originally from Somerset. I have recently taken a shine to kite surfing and am putting myself through lessons to get up onto the board, or get to BKSA level 2.

I have just finished a very unsatisfactory course and was just wondering if anybody could highly recommend a school that would get me to where I need to be. Any pointers are also welcome, as I crashed out a few times :lol:

Cheers
Elaine

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Howdy y'all!!

Postby Toby » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:21 am

Hi Elaine,

welcome!

True, bad lessons can stop people from continuing...sad if an unprofessional instructors takes away the stoke, if that was the case.

Maybe take a holiday for a week and fly to the warm world...there you can concentrate and advance quicker! And warm water is soooo nice!

Enjoy!

Laney
Rare Poster

Postby Laney » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:37 pm

Hey Toby!

Thank you so much for your tip, I might just do that. I started from learning in Sardinia so I might see if I can go back there and carry it on. It's such a shame when you pay so much money, only not to have reached your goal and be asked to pay more money to the company for extra tuition.

Thanks!! :D

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:53 pm

sure, that is frustrating. But trust me, all the pain to get going is worth it..one day you will reach your goal!

Sardinia must be nice...and right now is windy season...go there! If you need more info, I can put you in touch with a kiting friend, who lives on Sardinia.

Laney
Rare Poster

Postby Laney » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:25 pm

That would be fantastic! It would be great to have their opinion on this. I last went out there with one company last year, but if there is an alternative to this that might be better then I'm all ears :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”