Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Be Inspired: The Man That Touched The Sky Now Available!!

Forum for kitesurfers
SimonBarrister
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cleethorpes
Favorite Beaches: Safety Bay! OZ!
Style: Depends on My Mood
Gear: Epic Kites, Balance Boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Be Inspired: The Man That Touched The Sky Now Available!!

Postby SimonBarrister » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:03 pm

http://www.breatheunitynetwork.com/film ... -sky-2011/

"Summary: The Man that touched the sky is an in depth look at the pioneering kite jumping extraordinaire Lewis Crathern preparing for the biggest jump of his life over Brighton Pier, an exclusive look behind the scenes into Lewis’ life, showing never seen before footage with him preparing for his infamous jump months before it happened. The documentary touches on the emotions, physical strength training, precision weather monitoring and pure skill to achieve such a dramatic result. Lewis’ pier jumping achievement created a frenzy of media reaching beyond the realms of Brighton to be a phenomenon of global explosion. It also explores why Lewis is searching for new challenges outside the competition circuit and how he uses kitesurfing and wind energy as a tool to teach others whilst increasing eco awareness."

What the Critics Are Saying:

"I just wanted to say, once again, what a brilliant film you helped put together. The public will really get to see a different side to your jump, one that a lot of the news reports had failed to really capture!" - Tom Cotterill/ Worthing Herald- News reporter

"Amazing Film, very inspiring and such a raw peeled back honest account of the year leading up to the jump. People think Lewis just thought 'oh yes I'm going to jump Brighton Pier today' seeing this will firmly put those ideas out of your head! Highly recommended, be prepared to enjoy the emotional ride" - Rebecca Richardson

"As a windsurfer its hard to comprehend jumping that high, Lewis is a legend" Nik Baker Pro Windsurfer

"I am stoked to be involved in a film which will really help the public understand what kitesurfing is about. Jonnie has managed to capture my personality and my beliefs all in one film" - Lewis Crathern, Professional Athelete

"It's been a great experience working with Lewis on the film, we had a lot of fun writing it. It's a good stepping stone for future project's together!" Jonny Vinicombe Director

"The film is a great success, really happy to have my music used in such an insightful and compelling production" - Guy Andrews

ralfiboy
Medium Poster
Style: Wakestyle

Re: Be Inspired: The Man That Touched The Sky Now Available!

Postby ralfiboy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:30 pm

SimonBarrister wrote: "I am stoked to be involved in a film which will really help the public understand what kitesurfing is about. Jonnie has managed to capture my personality and my beliefs all in one film" - Lewis Crathern, Professional Athelete
Jumping over a pier is not what kitesurfing is all about. Its a stunt, and you're a stuntman. Don't you see what you're doing to the sport? Were moving further and further away from becoming a legit boardsport. Thanks to guys like you, people are getting the wrong idea of what kiteboarding is. Jumping that pier was cool and ballsy, but why make a full length movie about it?

kitepark
Rare Poster
Gear: 2009 fuels

Postby kitepark » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:56 pm

Film is amazing,music too,Lewis is THE MAN!

awesome job.

Lew is a very PURE rider,this is not a stunt,this is extreme.

every sport has extreme riders,i dont understand haters,this is a way of riding which brings visibility to our sport,anyone can understand how "special" Lew is .

ask Travis Pastrana,Robbie Maddison on fmx,or to any other Extreme rider in every sport how hard is be prepared to do those kind of things.

You got nuts bro.

Epic video!

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:43 am

Anyone inspiring kids to do something positive (sport, travel, friendships, exercise and thus healthy minds) with their lives is a god in my eyes. I know this area of the uk and many kids have no values and don't really aspire to anything with their lives as all they hear in the UK media (owned by an Australian) (and some from their parents) is negative bullshit, class system, bullying, football violence, gang/group rivalry, class war, ridiculous xenophobia news articles and lack of a future - bullshit to that! One thing that inspired me was when a teacher brought in a video of Robby Naish windsurfing as a kid in Hawaii - a lesson that involved watching an epic Hokipa wave session, I took other board sport paths but it opened my eyes to a whole world of positivity which in turn opened doors for me in life. Gotta watch the film now.

kitecozumel
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: all Cozumel locations
Favorite Beaches: anywhere with wind and waves
Style: professional
Gear: Slingshot
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot

Postby kitecozumel » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:59 pm

Still some kiters will nag " but is so dangerous ,He's showing "C-kites" and those are only for experts" ummmm, lets see, back in 1999 we were flying two line "C-kites" :lol:
Congrats Lewis, great going, fly high over anything :thumb:

el_guestos
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa
Brand Affiliation: Owner of Kite School in Tarifa

Postby el_guestos » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:51 am

This 'stunt' did more to publicise kitesurfing and brought more people into kitesurfing than all the pro tours and kite events combined...even my accountant rang me up the next morning and asked me if I'd seen the video on youtube.

I think when you look a bit deeper and see the amount of planning that went into this 'stunt' you can see that what at first appears to be some kid doing a crazy move was in fact a meticulously planned manoeuvre weighed up against a highly calculated risk. That is the way that humanity has progressed since the dawn of time.

Lewis I salute you...

Staatik
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Baltic sea
Favorite Beaches: Baltic sea, Mui Ne
Style: Freeride
Gear: Best Waroo 9, 13
Best Nemesis HP 12

Postby Staatik » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:35 am

Stunt or progression of the sport - everything will be fine till public fatality someday trying to be next jumping from ocean to ocean or over some next pier. I believe, there's much more in the sport than that :)

Jono 111
Frequent Poster

Postby Jono 111 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:56 am

Just wondering how many have actually watched the movie....if not, it's well worth it.

Lewis is a fantastic ambassador for the sport and a fantastic community figure. Hats off....

Return to “Kitesurfing”