Local Beach: Baldwin, Pope and Emerald Bay
Gear: HQ Neo2 8.0, Moment Skis, 2011 Lib Tec Snow Skate
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

South Lake Tahoe, CA - Here comes me

Postby Westondx » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:23 am

Hey, my name is Weston

I grew up Skiing, and I push myself to try new things to keep my body and mind entertained.

Recently I've been Snow-skating, but the snow is melting (in-between blizzards) and summer is coming. I live in Lake Tahoe, CA and I realize I don't spend as much time in the water as I used to. So I thought to myself. . . . . What's going to be waking me up and getting myself down to the shore and into that cold glacial lake? The front page of my local Newspaper had a snow-kiter on the front page on skis I was hooked.

:cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

I plan on taking kiting as far as the wind will carry me on land, snow and in the water. If your ever coming out this way drop me a line, and we can drop in some pow pow or some waves. :jump:

I'll be self taught due to the fact there is nobody to teach within hundreds of miles. so wtf If I can teach skiing professionally, I'll use some of my same techniques, Stay safe, Pay attention, and have FUN. If anyone has any advice they'd like to share on kite flying, board control and relation to other board sports, SAFETY, and equipment, I'd be happy to hear (read).

"Because knowledge is power!"

LF 2010 influence looks so much more bad-ass then the 2011 so if anyone has any deals or knows where to look please I've searched and searched

unlvkiting73
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mead Las Vegas Crawdad Cove!
Lake Mohave!
Favorite Beaches: Hunnington Beach in So. Cali or Boca in Northern Cali great kitting for begginer and smooth water riding at 6am for jet skiing!
Style: New school
Gear: 9 m Windwing Rampage.
12 m Liquid Force spectrum.
slingshot board.
170 cm Head Monsters.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: South Lake Tahoe, CA - Here comes me

Postby unlvkiting73 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Westondx wrote:Hey, my name is Weston

I grew up Skiing, and I push myself to try new things to keep my body and mind entertained.

Recently I've been Snow-skating, but the snow is melting (in-between blizzards) and summer is coming. I live in Lake Tahoe, CA and I realize I don't spend as much time in the water as I used to. So I thought to myself. . . . . What's going to be waking me up and getting myself down to the shore and into that cold glacial lake? The front page of my local Newspaper had a snow-kiter on the front page on skis I was hooked.

:cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

I plan on taking kiting as far as the wind will carry me on land, snow and in the water. If your ever coming out this way drop me a line, and we can drop in some pow pow or some waves. :jump:

I'll be self taught due to the fact there is nobody to teach within hundreds of miles. so wtf If I can teach skiing professionally, I'll use some of my same techniques, Stay safe, Pay attention, and have FUN. If anyone has any advice they'd like to share on kite flying, board control and relation to other board sports, SAFETY, and equipment, I'd be happy to hear (read).

"Because knowledge is power!"

LF 2010 influence looks so much more bad-ass then the 2011 so if anyone has any deals or knows where to look please I've searched and searched
Actually there is someone who teaches kitesurfing right there in tahoe and washoe valley. Very good instructior as this sport is very dangerous to learn on your own.
http://www.easternsierraguiding.com/ ask for Mike he very knowledgeable and super friendly and will be able to safely get you started.

Return to “Kitesurfing”