Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Spleene X19

Forum for kitesurfers
alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: foils and foils

Re: Spleene X19

Postby alexrider » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:48 pm

Carlos_C wrote:Performance on the ps1....try kitelooping it....gets about 50% before kite hits the water. Upwind and jump monster though !!
You are right. That's why I did say on "pure performance".
The UDS improved the turning speed and radius significantly. The modified 9 was acceptably fast; big difference with the 12.5.
But he relaunch was such a mouthful (of water!).
I have never come across anyone else having experienced the thrill of the Ps1; congrats :thumb: .

Carlos_C
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southend, Lancing, Hunstanton, sea Palling
Gear: Fuels, Speed 4, Sonic 2
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Carlos_C » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:46 pm

You should have tried the mastair.........I was king of light wind on the 12 for years (I still have the 12, 16 and ps1 in the garage)

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alexrider » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Carlos_C wrote:You should have tried the mastair.........I was king of light wind on the 12 for years (I still have the 12, 16 and ps1 in the garage)
So I was told the Mastair 16 was the king of the trucks. UDS worked marvels for it. Unfortunately the Titan 15.5 came to replace it and it was my light wind weapon for years. My first FS however was a Warrior 12.5, quite powerful... and slow for the size. I keep all my old FS kites as unforgettable souvenirs.
Last edited by alexrider on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Arcsrule » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:48 pm

I called Ted B about the x19 and he sold me a purple speed 3 instead. call ted for the latest.

av_dumitrascu
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kazeboo, Navodari, Constanta/Romania
Favorite Beaches: Gokceada, Turkey
Lefkada, Greece
Kalpitya, Sri Lanka
Style: free-ride, kitesurfing
Gear: Fireware Vanguard 5'2"
F-one Signature Bamboo 6'3"
North Juice 15m
North Neo 12m
North Neo 10m
North Click bar
North Neo 8m
North Spike 153
Rapace Eagle 10m
Rapace Eagle 6m
Rapace Condor 12m
Rapace Condor3 8m
Spleene X 19
Ion Spectre harness
Mystic soft-gear
Sigi Grabner snowboard
Apo Chasta snowkite board
F-One Matira iSUP 10'6"
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding
Rapace Kiteboarding
Been thanked: 0

Postby av_dumitrascu » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:49 pm

Kober1974 wrote:Hi....
Any updates on user reviews ????

I just got used X19 and wondering if there are any suggestions on wind range that I can use that kite with Airush Sector v2 60 or 145x43 twintip when I am 200lbs ....
Any insider tricks or tips ????

Thanks ...... Kober
an user review...although a total beginner one ;)
Done the water-start this July, with no more than 5 (five) sessions after... then in mid August dropped the ca$h and took an X-19 for your light-wind shore (Black Sea, Romania).
Unpacked the kite supervised by Dorin, my instructor, he lifted it up for the first time, game me the kite and....there I went, up-wind, downwind, back to the starting point, small waves ridding...all this in 6-12 knots, on a Nobile Flying Carper.
Then wind went up to 16 knots and I became overpowered, so off to shore with me.
But I did this 3 days in a row, 3-4 hours per day in total, no problem, nice and easy!

Recently, I took the Spleene on a lake, in 5-6 knots, with a Trans lightwind board, also extremely stable, great upwind, I even tried to ride switch/fakey and do a couple of smallish jumps (barely left the surface of the water, but hey! I am new here).
What I can tell you is I have seen my instructor and his friends doing insane jumps, with big air-time, ralley, riding blind, doing hand-passes, and some other tricks I don`t know to nominate ;)

Bottom line: in winds of 6-15 knots (should I say breeze) with a big board (door of 160cm or more), a rider of up to 100 kg is okay. Over 15 knots, you need to downsize the board up to some 20 knots, above which the Spleene transforms from a kite to a paraglider and you will start to scream to the other beach guys: "Somebody grab my harness!!!"

hope this helps ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_4TNljfTzo

P.S. please don`t laugh of me :oops:

faxmaestro
Rare Poster
Local Beach: St.-Petersburg, Russia
Favorite Beaches: St.-Petersburg, Russia
Style: cruising
Gear: EH
Brand Affiliation: EH

Postby faxmaestro » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:38 pm

I use this model for 2 years. It is 100% light-wind machine as it was targeted.

Perfect low-end, at 7+ m/s (14+ knot) I feel overpowered, but still can survive up to 10 m/s as I'm around 70 kg. An easy briddle tune-up is recommended after several month of use.
In a few words I would describe it "a controlled steam loco power"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20lKmQ9S23s

faxmaestro
Rare Poster
Local Beach: St.-Petersburg, Russia
Favorite Beaches: St.-Petersburg, Russia
Style: cruising
Gear: EH
Brand Affiliation: EH

Postby faxmaestro » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:32 pm

faxmaestro wrote:I use this model for 2 years. It is 100% light-wind machine as it was targeted.

Perfect low-end, at 7+ m/s (14+ knot) I feel overpowered, but still can survive up to 10 m/s as I'm around 70 kg. An easy briddle tune-up is recommended after several month of use.
In a few words I would describe it "a controlled steam loco power"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20lKmQ9S23s
I continue use X19 at low end and therefore use that kite in some competitions when there is no wind at all :)
Here is one of the local competitions raw footage http://youtu.be/sXk3i9OLRjs

fernmanus
Very Frequent Poster

Postby fernmanus » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:21 pm

So I was told the Mastair 16 was the king of the trucks. UDS worked marvels for it. Unfortunately the Titan 15.5 came to replace it and it was my light wind weapon for years. My first FS however was a Warrior 12.5, quite powerful... and slow for the size. I keep all my old FS kites as unforgettable souvenirs.
:rollgrin: Funny how the Mastair 16 comes up in from time to time. Yes, it had a lot of low-end, but it had a range of about 5 mph tops. It also lacked the stability of the more recent FS kites. It just pulled like a truck. Had some good days on it, but some scary ones as well. I would take a Speed 3 21M over the 16 MastAir any day. Make that any speed 1 - 4 over the Mastair.

Where is PMU? Has he gone to sleep at the wheel??? Wake up troll, where is your copy and paste diatribe on the inefficiency of foils?

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:08 am

He's still pumpin his Inflatables. Very busy.

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alexrider » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:53 pm

fernmanus wrote:
:rollgrin: Funny how the Mastair 16 comes up in from time to time. Yes, it had a lot of low-end, but it had a range of about 5 mph tops. It also lacked the stability of the more recent FS kites. It just pulled like a truck. Had some good days on it, but some scary ones as well. I would take a Speed 3 21M over the 16 MastAir any day. Make that any speed 1 - 4 over the Mastair.

Where is PMU? Has he gone to sleep at the wheel??? Wake up troll, where is your copy and paste diatribe on the inefficiency of foils?
UDS radically changed the behaviour of the kites I had. More depower, better turning speed, stability comparable to the latest generation. The incredible Psycho1 9.5 (the bitchiest of all kites) turned into an incredibly docile beast without losing any of its magic. One of these days I am going to compare it with the Speed4 10 (with the 8 certainly the best overall kite FS produced) soon, and am confident there won't be any difference in sheer performance. I do expect the Sp4 to relaunch better, turn somewhat faster and drift better at the expense of loss in upwind ability in higher winds.
http://www.paraflysurf.ch/UDS.htm
I would take a Speed2 SA 19 over the Speed3 21 anyday. Or even the X19.
Looking forward to the Sp4 18 and 21.

Why do you want the PMU kite village idiot :dumbo: back? He probably never flew a foil, and he's probably not even a rider. It's most probably a bot devised by FS to create a buzz to keep talking about their kites. The tactics worked so far.

Return to “Kitesurfing”