Rare Poster
Local Beach: Clacton
Gear: RPM
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wainman Hawaii Review

Postby antony6545 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:36 pm

I have the rpm and looking to get the new wainman hawaii but I found this review and I wanna know if it is right or not. My riding ability is good.

http://www.loopingit.com/news/item/wain ... -20-review

Thanks let the wind be with you

OceanAdventures
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Leeside park - Fort Walton Beach
Gear: Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii

Re: Wainman Hawaii Review

Postby OceanAdventures » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:40 am

I have had a quiver of Wainmans since 2009, and i have flown alot of kites as a kite instructor since 2008, and i have never flown a kite that has the all around performance that i get out of my rabbits. Yes there are a few kites that can boost better, wave ride better, etc., but these kite perform better than average in every coondition, and honestly i don't think i've flown a better wave kite, but in that defense most other kites I fly are in flat bay water. I have not updated to the new 2.0, but if they are any improvements that makes these kites a better choice. Boosting... I have not been higher on any other kite except maybe once on a X-bow in super gusty conditions. Except for a few valve leaks that were easily fixed i have not have a single problem with durability. The one question would have been the lack of a good depower for beginners on the bar, but it appears the new bar fixed that situation. I wouldn't sell my kites unless i was ready to replace them with another. If you have any other questions i'm sure there are alot of opinions, and there are not many bad kites out there anymore (Thank god slingshot got rid of the Key), but these kite just perform and have helped my riding improve since i've had them.

xsporthk
Rare Poster
Gear: Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii

Postby xsporthk » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:31 am

I have ride 09 RPM and Rabbit 2.0 boss, both are great kites but I don't like RPM under bar depower.
Hard to use when needed.

www.xsporthk.com

mr moon
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shoreham (UK)
Favorite Beaches: Brandon Bay, Silver Sands & a few more
Style: Wave / Freeride
Gear: North, Firewire, Wainman, Ozone

Postby mr moon » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:37 am

Any reviews on the new 3.0 generation of these kites? They seem to have improved all old issues and the materials look so juicy!

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:44 pm

I haven't flown any Wainman kites for the past few years (until recently) but they were the kites that I first began to learn with (2009 smoke and gypsy). Easy to fly, great range and what I believed to be some of the nicest kites on the market. The biggest gripe that I had with them was the lack of a safety leash attachment below the bar (yes they did have an upgrade to convert the bar with one but I didn't have one). The bar did provide me with a few early scares and became a love/hate relationship with these kites. Long story short was that I sold them and moved on. To be honest I just didn't have much desire to buy another Rabbit kite as I have used many kites over the years that I believed to be better. Well I did get to use the Boss 2.0 with the updated bar and was just blown away by how good these kites are. Lots of low end power, nimble steering, good range and stupid simple relaunch. Has to be the easiest relaunching kite that I have ever used. The Rabbit series has always been a well built kite and the attention to detail is just stunning. The Gold highlights throughout the kite really seem to make this one of the best looking black kites on the market. The bar is such a huge improvement that I wish more companies would simplify theirs to this standard. Everything that is needed with no clutter up top. The clam cleat is so simple to use and just works as well as the swivel for the centre lines. My biggest gripe of the leash attachment is fixed and this bar works plain and simple. What I like most about the 2.0 kites is that I feel like I have returned home. I wish that I would have tried these kites sooner.....

James

I am eagerly awaiting the 3.0 reviews to come out and I will be posting up mine when I finally get my hands on some of these kites. Awesome kites and the boss is going to be a good addition to my quiver.

mr moon
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shoreham (UK)
Favorite Beaches: Brandon Bay, Silver Sands & a few more
Style: Wave / Freeride
Gear: North, Firewire, Wainman, Ozone

Postby mr moon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:59 pm

Yeah sounds good.. I think the problem is that they are a smaller brand compared to the big sharks on the market and maybe they don't mass retail?
I have a big mama 15mt 2010, that kite is fun in light winds wave riding, just a little heavy, but completely bomb proof in construction! Mine has been washed on rocks and came out without one single scratch or hole!
I can see that a lot has been improved, especially in the last series 3.0, better wing profile and a slick looking new bar. What I like about them is also the endless tuning options which are not offered from other brands, so you need to buy more kites and bars sizes..
I'd like to demo a new Smoke or Boss one day :)

Return to “Reviews”