MickC
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Dollymount
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Board rental in Jeri and Cumbuco

Postby MickC » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi, had a search of the site and I see some old posts but curious as to how easy it is to rent a board in Jeri and Cumbuco, and any recommedations you guys have?

The cheapest flights I can get to Brazil are with KLM and Air France - both charging a €200 baggage fee each way for boards! Thinking I can bring my two kites, bar and harness in a large sports bad as normal luggage and rent a board for the week when I'm in kiting areas.

If there's any chance I can't rent boards I'll have to pay the €400 plus any charges on internal flights I need to declare sports equipment on.

Cheers, Mick.

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Re: Board rental in Jeri and Cumbuco

Postby Caesar » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:17 pm

MickC wrote:Hi, had a search of the site and I see some old posts but curious as to how easy it is to rent a board in Jeri and Cumbuco, and any recommedations you guys have?

The cheapest flights I can get to Brazil are with KLM and Air France - both charging a €200 baggage fee each way for boards! Thinking I can bring my two kites, bar and harness in a large sports bad as normal luggage and rent a board for the week when I'm in kiting areas.

If there's any chance I can't rent boards I'll have to pay the €400 plus any charges on internal flights I need to declare sports equipment on.

Cheers, Mick.
Hi Mick,

Board rental in Cumbuco costs you most likely R$200 per week and you will probably end up with a board/pads you don't like at all. Bear that in mind.

Cheers
Caesar 8)

MickC
Rare Poster

Postby MickC » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:55 pm

Hey Caesar, as long as I can rent something I think it's worth the saving. Thanks for the advice, wonder what the story is in Jeri.

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:02 pm

MickC wrote:Hey Caesar, as long as I can rent something I think it's worth the saving. Thanks for the advice, wonder what the story is in Jeri.
Hiya,

You rent a board here in Cumbuco and take it with you to Jeri and return the board when you drive back (through Cumbuco).
If you like I can ask Carlinhos if your preferred board is available and the cost of it.
When? How long?

Cheers
Caesar

MickC
Rare Poster

Postby MickC » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:29 pm

Dates are not finalised yet, but likely going to be the first week in November. May well take you up on that offer once I get my flights sorted, thank you.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:12 pm

did you check with TAP air portugal?

MickC
Rare Poster

Postby MickC » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:48 pm

TAP are more reasonable for baggage charges - €90 e/w, but the flights are closer €1,000 versus €750 with Air France/KLM. I'm in Ireland so lots of options but all involving lots of flights!

I plan to travel around a bit in Brazil so another factor is baggage costs on internal flights, from reading other posts looks like most internal flights with Gol and TAM you can include kite gear as normal luggage so that's a positive. hmmm, decisions, decisions :-?

Can't wait though, last weekend I was wearing a 5/3 wetsuit, this is our summertime!!

Return to “Travel”