Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Notice of race: The 37th Palamós Christmas Race ISAF ranked

Forum for kitesurfers
davekitesurf
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Malgrat de Mar, Barcelona (spain)
Style: Kite Racing
Gear: Lab70 - Edge (2012) 17 13 9 7
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Notice of race: The 37th Palamós Christmas Race ISAF ranked

Postby davekitesurf » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi people, I attach here the notice of race of the The 37 th Palamós Christmas Race.

It is an ISAF Ranked Event held in Palamós - Catalonia (Spain).

http://www.christmasrace.org/uploaded_f ... 547_en.pdf

Both, female and male kiteboarding clases have been included due to the new olympic status of our sport. I guess from now on we'll have to expect this in more olympic events.

I wonder what people think of this event. Some feedback would be greatly appreciated so we can help the organizor of this event who now starts getting familiar with kiteboarding.

It will be held december 18 to december 23.

davekitesurf
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Malgrat de Mar, Barcelona (spain)
Style: Kite Racing
Gear: Lab70 - Edge (2012) 17 13 9 7
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Notice of race: The 37th Palamós Christmas Race ISAF ra

Postby davekitesurf » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Just a little background on this Race, taken from this article: http://www.abc.es/vela/noticia/la-palam ... reinventa/ (written in spanish)

During almost 40 years the most representative and best olympic sailors of different classes have come to this race.

It has become one of the favorite places for the european sailing federations to send their olympic sailors, to encourage them for the olympic events.

There are like 20 countries expected to bring their sailor to compete there. The organizors expect to have about 150 - 200 competitors.

Return to “Kitesurfing”