Style: Wave
Gear: Fone B5, Dyno 18, Skater 5'4, RRD FTW 5'8
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What is the best do it all wave board?

Postby Dudeson » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:55 am

Hi, fellow kiters!
I'm looking for the most versatile board for the widest range of conditions, riding with and without straps.
I've been riding for a couple years now and the last season mostly with a waveboard, small waves and choppy. Strapless training for the most of the time.
I'd like to take my board with me when i travel and hopefully catch bigger waves :o
I'm around 80kg after lunch..

tony montana
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: naples fl
Favorite Beaches: naples fl
Style: waverider
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: north nash cabrina any kite with a safety system that works i mean works

Re: What is the best do it all wave board?

Postby tony montana » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:53 pm

Underground kipuna,happy,happy,happy,check out kiteworld review,TONY

kite252
Medium Poster

Postby kite252 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:56 am

Im just about 70kg and have a 2013 5'6" Cabrinha Skillet which I love. I'd say someone your size should step it up to the 5'10", which is actually about the same width as the 5'6" making it work a little better in bigger waves for someone your size than the 5'6" does for me. A little narrower width to length ratio will allow it to hold a rail in a bottom turn a bit better in bigger surf. I generally ride mine in any surf up to about 2 feet overhead. Gotta go with the EPS construction though, defiantly worth the extra money...if beat mine around like crazy and it hardly has a scratch and no heal dents at all, love the board!

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:26 am

Dudeson
Rare Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: Fone B5, Dyno 18, Skater 5'4, RRD FTW 5'8

Postby Dudeson » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:47 am

Thanks, for the tips!
I acutally own the 5'4 Skater and the only thing is you have to work it a bit more in the curves and it feels a bit floaty?? Otherwise thats the board i use for strapless riding.
I also have the RRD Fatal wave wood and its got a totally different shaping, but i love the the control and the speed.
If icould get that RRD carving feature into the Skater: Voila!
As this said there are propably still many other things in wave riding for me to discover..

The underground and the cabrinha looks like quite good as well. There might be many opinions about the undergrounds deck looks but i really like it :thumb:

Need to do some investigations :D

tony montana
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: naples fl
Favorite Beaches: naples fl
Style: waverider
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: north nash cabrina any kite with a safety system that works i mean works

Postby tony montana » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:22 pm

Dudeson wrote:Thanks, for the tips!
I acutally own the 5'4 Skater and the only thing is you have to work it a bit more in the curves and it feels a bit floaty?? Otherwise thats the board i use for strapless riding.
I also have the RRD Fatal wave wood and its got a totally different shaping, but i love the the control and the speed.
If icould get that RRD carving feature into the Skater: Voila!
As this said there are propably still many other things in wave riding for me to discover..

The underground and the cabrinha looks like quite good as well. There might be many opinions about the undergrounds deck looks but i really like it :thumb:

Need to do some investigations :D
Check out killedthewind on this forum,patrick rebstock,kinsley,ripping it up on underground kipuna,TONY

Trikke
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Andora, Albenga, Tarifa
Favorite Beaches: Los lances, tarifa
Style: Waves to wakestyle, to g' old big airs!
Gear: '14 RRD 9m + 13,5m Obsession
RRD Poison 134x43, RRD AssoPigliatutto Pro, RRD Waveoff 5'6", RRD Domingo 5'8"x21"

Postby Trikke » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:59 pm

I come from 2 rrd wave boards and I'm a heavy guy looking for a board I can use for strapless waveriding, freestyle and eventually surf without a kite. After a chat with Abel Lago, he suggested me and I just ordered the RRD Asso Pigliatutto Pro 5'8"; you may consider it :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”