Favorite Beaches: N/A
Style: Regular
Gear: N/A
Brand Affiliation: N/A
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Newb from Alaska

Postby SilverSnow83 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Hey guys, I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully go ahead and start finding friends to go snowkiting with here in AK (Anchorage area) soon. Last year was my first year on a snowboard. I went every weekend last season with the exception of 2 or 3 that I missed so I got pretty good but I plan on spending the first month or two of this coming season just working on really getting the basics down and mastered. By then I should have all my gear and I'll be ready to fly! I'm sure I'll still be far from 'mastering' snowboarding but I should at least be good enough to handle snowkiting right!? I'm sure my dad will be joining me some days too. In the mean time I'd like to go ahead and start on my research, figure out what gear I want, get a general idea of how to control a kite, and get to know some of you and hopefully find a few cool people that are as full of life as I am to come with me, and/or go with! :)
So by all means if you live in the Anchorage area (or within about a 4 hour radius) let me know and we'll go shred some ice soon! Plus it'll be nice to have someone to share riding 'spots' with and whatnot.

Return to “Kitesurfing”