Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What do you expect from a kitetrip abroad?

Forum for kitesurfers
MarcThompson
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Barra da Tijuca; Praia Seca; Araruama; Arubinha; Búzios.
Favorite Beaches: Praia Seca
Style: Freeride
Gear: CORE Riot XR2 11, Slingshot Darko.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What do you expect from a kitetrip abroad?

Postby MarcThompson » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:11 am

Hey fellows!
What do you guys from US and Europe would expect from a kitetrip to Brazil? I mean in terms of accomodation, spots, services from a travel agent.
Would you use a specialized travel agent (with kitesurf expertise) to manage your trip, or would rather plan and do all by yourself?
Thanks!

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Re: What do you expect from a kitetrip abroad?

Postby JGTR » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:25 pm

Wind and good price. All too often on an organised trip you find yourself sitting next to someone on the plane or at the hotel that paid a lot less than you!

rtz
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 75kg
Favorite Beaches: OBX
SPI
Gear: SlingShot, Switch.

Postby rtz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:23 am

Getting from the airport to where I'm staying is my first concern. Also the price of the room can impact how long I stay.

madmax7
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Belmont, Nicholas Canyon, Lake Isabella, Sherman Island
Favorite Beaches: Cabarette, Margarita, Maui
Gear: Naish Kites, North Boards

Postby madmax7 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:13 am

Warm winds

Good food

Good bar

Decent room by the beach

Good social environment

Decent prices

Warm winds or the rest of the sh^t won't matter, I'd be pissed!

Max

MarcThompson
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Barra da Tijuca; Praia Seca; Araruama; Arubinha; Búzios.
Favorite Beaches: Praia Seca
Gear: CORE Riot XR2 11, Slingshot Darko.

Postby MarcThompson » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:36 pm

I am raising this topic because there is a wanderful spot with all needed infrastructure that is almost ever with vacancy. And I think I could reach 3 objective:
1) bring people to know one of the best spots in Brazil;
2) make the "spot owner" profit, so it remains and improves (good even for myself, being a user of his infrastructure);
3) earning a little extra to buy new equipment. :D

Now, some real life info: about accomodation prices, it would be around US$ 75 for a double suite (it is for two people, but can house up to four, with extra charges), with bed&breakfest and mini bar (you can buy things on a close local market). There would also be an option for just bed&breakfest on a shared room (hostel style). That would cost around US$ 18 per night. Wifi is complimentary.

The accomodation is right in front of the spot and has secure place to store your equipment, a bar and infrastructure to support kiteboarding and windsurfing (assemble, cleaning, launching, rescues). Only rescues are not included in the price.

Regarding weather: it is located near Rio de Janeiro (100Km apart), so it is warm most of the time, specially during the windy season (by warm, I mean above 22ºC-72ºF). Winds can vary from 12 to 30 Knots. There are 3 very close spots, one with extremelly flat water even in the strongest wind. All spots are in a lagoon (warm but salty water), so you wont find waves, though it can get choppy when winds rise above 17 Knots.

Additional costs for the whole package would be air ticket, transport from Rio to the location and a fee for my travel agent services.

Some pictures attached.

What do you think of it?
Attachments
setting up grass.jpg
Nice sunset on the grass used to setup and clean the equipment. By the way, protected from the wind (25 Knots ten steps away).
suite balcony.jpg
Suite balcony.
spot.jpg
Spot in front of accomodation. Wind in 16 Knots.

Return to “Kitesurfing”