Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tampa Bay area
Brand Affiliation: School owner,Kiteboarding Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Kiteboarding Association
Freak Dog Kites
Has thanked: 0

Forum Users- Who have you met?

Postby KiteboardingTampaBay » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:53 pm

I thought this would be an interesting topic- Which forum users have you met in real life?
I have met a few over the years- all of them turned out to be very cool people!
I met users Don Monnot and Mark Chatwin over the past year or two, and both were very nice guys- very knowledgeable and respectful kiters. From what I remember, Don got a good session in here on his visit, and Mark got a small session or two, but the wind gods were definitely NOT in his favor throughout his stay. :(
Mark was pretty much as I had envisioned him, but I have to admit, my pre-conceived notion of Don was far off base! (hahaa) I guess I had pictured him as a "portly gentleman" (possibly of Hawaiian descent) who turned out to be a fit, smooth looking business man- about 100 pounds lighter than I had envisioned! :D
I once stayed with Top Hat and Bernie in a hotel and both were BEYOND HILARIOUS! I haven't laughed so much in my life hanging with those two! :rollgrin:
I also met Toby during the same time, but did not get to see him ride because we had no wind. I will say that he was pretty damn cool, (despite my actions on his forum. :oops:) and his English is better in person than in his postings. :wink:
I may have met Supa-EZ at Surf Expo this year, but not sure. If he is indeed the guy whom I think, he's much cooler in person that I figured him to be. :thumb:

Anyway, the forums are pretty tired and boring these days, so I thought this would be a "fun" topic to discuss. Come to think of it, it may bite me in the arse really hard, but hey, that's the world we live in and I have certainly earned a few jib jabs from most of you guys on here. (Feel free to let me have it!) Either way, it was nice to have put faces with the forum handles and I am glad to have met you folks! :cheers:
So, who have you met, or who would you most like to share a session with?

-KTB
www.kiteboardingtampabay.com

TeabagVic
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Vancouver Island
Favorite Beaches: Nitinat Lake
Style: Teabagging
Gear: Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: Forum Users- Who have you met?

Postby TeabagVic » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:52 pm

who would you most like to share a session with?
All the woman in the MOST SEXY KITE PICTURES. (except the few ones with beard)

Nah, seriously it would be PMU, without any doubt.

chemosavi
Very Frequent Poster
Style: If Ghengis Kan, I kan too!
Gear: Grass fed Carbon Fiber
Brand Affiliation: Peace in the Middle East

Postby chemosavi » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:54 am

I was wandering around in a vast desert when I came upon a man wearing a T-shirt that said, "I'm Not Fo".

I asked him if he knew the way to Babylon and he did direct me there.

Afterwards he vanished as if a mirage.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:04 am

chemosavi wrote:I was wandering around in a vast desert when I came upon a man wearing a T-shirt that said, "I'm Not Fo".

I asked him if he knew the way to Babylon and he did direct me there.

Afterwards he vanished as if a mirage.
Ah those pesky acid flashbacks ehh...bad trip all around

Hawaiis
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kailua

Postby Hawaiis » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:33 am

I have met Tautologies, he is a very experienced kiter, I got a lots of tips from him.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:36 pm

KiteboardingTampaBay wrote:I thought this would be an interesting topic- Which forum users have you met in real life?

I may have met Supa-EZ at Surf Expo this year, but not sure. If he is indeed the guy whom I think, he's much cooler in person that I figured him to be. :thumb:

Anyway, the forums are pretty tired and boring these days, so I thought this would be a "fun" topic to discuss.
The only forum user i am sure to have met is 14Toeside
He is the funniest gentle giant(6'5"-245lb) you will ever meet..always happy..like me :happybirthday:

KTB you probably met my stunt double at Expo...because i was not there physically..only in spirit
I am sure you are also much cooler in person that i figure you to be :D :thumb:

The forum these days are filled with very experienced riders (it seems) in their 40's+++ and up.....
...that cannot wait to answer the questions of younger and/or less experienced riders

There is a couple dozens seasoned guys out there (including me)..who like to give there 2 cents
So i say it would be great to meet all of you and kite with all of you at the same time

A real forum user session on water in person with kites in our hands instead of keyboards

................. :nono: :mail: ......................... :thumb: :surf: :sun: ...........cheers :cheers: .............................

darippah
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Weight: 165
Local Beach: New Jersey, USA
Style: Hydrofoil big air
Gear: Sonic 3 13m , Soul 7 and 10m

Postby darippah » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:19 pm

The Only one I've met from this forum is PMU..

not surprisingly, he was riding a speed 3 :angryfire:

Return to “Kitesurfing”