2012 Cabrinha Custom 140x42.5 Board
2012 Liquidforce Vantage CT boots
2010 Dakine Pyro waist harness
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: I was wrong about North products!

Postby WildDuke » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:12 am

recoprianto wrote:They moved out the hard plastic pieces that I has hitting the arch of my foot on when I landed really hard and I hope they made the heal pads out of a more resilient foam (but only time will tell on this as well) which were my only gripe from last year.
Ahh, good, I thought that was just me. I had to re epoxy the heel pads down as the glue begun to perish. Also my ntt metal logo is rusting to buggery even though I wash with fresh water after every session. Good to see the 2013 one have removed that.

Stinky
Rare Poster

Postby Stinky » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:01 am

Jbrook: Good for you for posting about your positive experience and change of heart. I'm stoked to be riding North too and the 2013 lineup just rips. I can't believe how good my 2013 12m Vegas is in the waves, as well as everywhere else - and the Rebel keeps getting better every year. It's fair to say there is a fair amount of negative posting about the brand, and a dynamic of "piling on" in a lot of conversations, not exactly sure why. I think North product engineering and production are top notch. But if it's not for you, there are other choices out there.

The only criticism I had from last year was the deckpad on my WHIP wore down and started to peel - too soon. But that thing is the one of the best surfboards for small to medium size waves that I've ever ridden - I will NEVER sell it, I'll ride it into the ground. Easy to forgive.

FabsPH
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Oahu, S shore
Favorite Beaches: Oahu S shore, Mokuleia,
Style: Free style wave
Gear: Eclipse, Underground
Brand Affiliation: Eclipse, Underground

Postby FabsPH » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:03 am

Love my North kites (2012) , but looking at the new 2013 models, damn, no wonder they are so damn expensive.
Color coordinated hoses, clips, straps, webbing, etc etc.. Who cares really?
Looks good, but to do all this, just makes it more expensive. Not sure if I can afford to upgrade... just for yellow hoses..
They look over engineered
Nice, but not 2G nice

flybykite
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Nitinat Lake, BC, Canada
Mui Ne, Vietnam
Style: Old School
Gear: Shinn Monk
V8K Ozone Edges 7&9

Postby flybykite » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:23 pm

I have loved my North Rebels for 2 years now and now that they are almost tissue paper I'm having a hard time sucking up the price hike for replacements so I'm SWITCHing brands based solely on the price. I see Switch pulled the trigger with kiteforum and posted their first add at the top of the page. I've never tested the V2 Nitro that seems compareable to the Rebel but I figure that I will learn to ride it just as well. Got the V1 Nitro though and love it. North does have awesome kites but I cant afford to get new ones every 2 years when they wear out so..... Time for me to move on.

Er Presidente
Medium Poster

Postby Er Presidente » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:49 am

Are you out of your mind?
It's ALWAYS a bad thing when kite prices go up. It's almost a mature sport with very little innovation in the past 3-4yrs.
There is absolutely no reason why prices should go up.
On top of that 2013 North kites are pretty much the same of 2012 which were pretty much the same of 2011
I have been riding North for long time. Hands down the best kite made.
But $2k for a 12m kite complete?? Please.
And one surfboard at $900? I made a board myself and I know how much material cost. $900 is ridiculous.

There is a reason why inventory on 2012 North kites is almost gone in US. Very few people buy 2013 kites at those prices, especially when v little has changed from 2012 model.
I really don't get your post...

Busdriver
Rare Poster
Local Beach: 3rd Ave
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach, Maui, Kailula,Oahu
Style: Strapped Directional
Gear: Slingshot Revs, Rpms and Liquid Force Havoc, F-one 5'2" fish

Postby Busdriver » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:17 am

Kite prices are going up here in the US because our leaders are printing money and wiping their asses with it. The cost of doing business is rising and I'm sure margins are pretty tight. On the other hand, I don't know too many people who pay retail. Most I know wait for deals or buy used. Thread drift alert! Let's get back to the North stoke.......

Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strawberry, Big Bad UT Lake, Rush mudpuddle.
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.
Style: Learning,... as in I am still learning.
Gear: 2014 north gear

All of it
North and Race boards
North twin tip and directional yummyness.
Surfboard and strapless play stuff.
Brand Affiliation: I am a North snowkite athlete.

Postby Billy B. » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:40 am

Used 2012 10m and 8m Vegas and Used 2011 10m dyno just sitting on the shelf at my house if any one needs help saving money! Prices here..http://www.utahwindriders.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10353

Wanna keep the north stoke alive but not spend retail, all while supporting a Broke ass kite bum, non working father of two. This could be your chance! Shipping from UT 84032 not included. No international shipping please..And then a qucik picture to keep the stoke high......

Billy
Attachments
DSC_0423.JPG
Tink.

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: ¤°

Postby POACHER » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:13 am

Where can I get a 2013 Trust Bar quad w/ 24m lines and not pay more than $400 for it?

Seriously. I want one............but can't imagine dropping $475 for a kite bar. That's insane. My wife will bludgeon me.

Brock Landers
Rare Poster
Style: Sky high

Postby Brock Landers » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:45 am

Jbrook wrote:I can kite probably more than 300 days a year where I live...
I officially hate you. :)

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:05 pm

Funny Er Presidente gets my vote for number one troll.

As usual you come and ruin a topic with your misinformation and pinheadpoint of view. Take a good look at these pads and straps from North NKB they have definitely evolved in last 3 or 4 years. So as usual your posts are of no value, sux it. :angryfire: :baby: :jump:

You are President of what your 2nd grade student body?
Attachments
Photo on 11-30-12 at 1.07 PM.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”