Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Dynabar V7 sizing, which one to get?

forum for kitesurfers


SalmonSlayer
Frequent Poster
Posts: 500
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:48 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Dynabar V7 sizing, which one to get?

Postby SalmonSlayer » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:11 am

I have a ~35" waist and a V7. I agree that the large one would be better for the intended purpose, but, I found the larger bar to be too big to fit right. I tried both side by side and choose the smaller one.

User avatar
Kiteus Maximus
Medium Poster
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:37 pm
Kiting since: 5

Re: Dynabar V7 sizing, which one to get?

Postby Kiteus Maximus » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:36 am

Anyone know where in the US you can purchase the new Dynabar V7?

SalmonSlayer
Frequent Poster
Posts: 500
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:48 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Dynabar V7 sizing, which one to get?

Postby SalmonSlayer » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:05 am

Kiteus Maximus wrote:Anyone know where in the US you can purchase the new Dynabar V7?


airpadrekiteboarding.com

User avatar
Kiteus Maximus
Medium Poster
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:37 pm
Kiting since: 5

Re: Dynabar V7 sizing, which one to get?

Postby Kiteus Maximus » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:39 am

SalmonSlayer wrote:
Kiteus Maximus wrote:Anyone know where in the US you can purchase the new Dynabar V7?


airpadrekiteboarding.com


Thanks.

User avatar
Kiteus Maximus
Medium Poster
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:37 pm
Kiting since: 5

Re: Dynabar V7 sizing, which one to get?

Postby Kiteus Maximus » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:59 am

I checked out Air Padre but I am looking for the XT. Anyone know where you can purchase this in the US?

User avatar
pixelpedro
Frequent Poster
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:01 am
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Lake Worth, Manalapan
Favorite Beaches: Lake Worth, Manalapan, Whale Harbor, Anne's Beach, Jupiter, Sherman Island
Style: learning, hopefully waves and some frees
Gear: Slingshot fuel
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Contact:

Re: Dynabar V7 sizing, which one to get?

Postby pixelpedro » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:44 pm

I got mine at 321kiteboarding in Cocoa Beach. Very cool helpful guys there, can't remember his name. I too when for the larger one, but took the bar out, felt a bit mechanical, I only use the dynema and bungee, although my bungee is already showing some signs of wear where the bungee hooks into the hook, probably cause it wasn't intended to be used like I use it, but feels much more natural.

Hit them up, http://www.321kiteboarding.com/

User avatar
Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2550
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:37 pm
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Re: Dynabar V7 sizing, which one to get?

Postby Bille » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:20 pm

pixelpedro wrote:I got mine at 321kiteboarding in Cocoa Beach. Very cool helpful guys there, can
...
I only use the dynema and bungee,
...
probably cause it wasn't intended to be used like I use it, but feels much more natural.

Hit them up, http://www.321kiteboarding.com/


YES --- 321 is where i got mine also ; Very COOL group of Guys !!!

I Also only use the dynema and Bungee ; I asked about that and was told it "IS" an acceptable application for this devise.

Works Very well, and i'm riding toe-side on a strapped surfboard with double prosthetic now, because of it !!

1,000 thumbs-up :thumb: : Bille

User avatar
oldkiter
Medium Poster
Posts: 191
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:46 am

Re: Dynabar V7 sizing, which one to get?

Postby oldkiter » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:18 am

Bille wrote:
pixelpedro wrote:I got mine at 321kiteboarding in Cocoa Beach. Very cool helpful guys there, can
...
I only use the dynema and bungee,
...
probably cause it wasn't intended to be used like I use it, but feels much more natural.

Hit them up, http://www.321kiteboarding.com/


YES --- 321 is where i got mine also ; Very COOL group of Guys !!!

I Also only use the dynema and Bungee ; I asked about that and was told it "IS" an acceptable application for this devise.

Works Very well, and i'm riding toe-side on a strapped surfboard with double prosthetic now, because of it !!

1,000 thumbs-up :thumb: : Bille


I've been thinking of getting the Dynabar.

When you both state that you use the bungee and "dyneema" - are you referring to the dyneema line that has the ring to attach a leash, or a second dyneema line used for "prorace slider"?

Thanks!

User avatar
jaystore
Frequent Poster
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:27 am
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Rome
Brand Affiliation: JAY
Location: Rome
Contact:

Re: Dynabar V7 sizing, which one to get?

Postby jaystore » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:52 am

oldkiter wrote:
Bille wrote:
pixelpedro wrote:I got mine at 321kiteboarding in Cocoa Beach. Very cool helpful guys there, can
...
I only use the dynema and bungee,
...
probably cause it wasn't intended to be used like I use it, but feels much more natural.

Hit them up, http://www.321kiteboarding.com/


YES --- 321 is where i got mine also ; Very COOL group of Guys !!!

I Also only use the dynema and Bungee ; I asked about that and was told it "IS" an acceptable application for this devise.

Works Very well, and i'm riding toe-side on a strapped surfboard with double prosthetic now, because of it !!

1,000 thumbs-up :thumb: : Bille


I've been thinking of getting the Dynabar.

When you both state that you use the bungee and "dyneema" - are you referring to the dyneema line that has the ring to attach a leash, or a second dyneema line used for "prorace slider"?

Thanks!


We try to help...
In the picture 1 you see a DYNABAR with 2 dyneema sliders, 1 is for the hook and 1 for the HP bungee leash. Front HP bungee leash attachment, compared to back attachment, is conceived to have more control of the kite if you loose the bar, plus you can turn both directions without positioning the bungee like you do when is attached to the back.

If you have only 1 dyneema like in picture 2 you can still attach HP bungee leash to the front, but if you rotate the hook will be pulled to one side.
Attachments
V7 full.png
DYNABAR V7 XT all.jpg

User avatar
oldkiter
Medium Poster
Posts: 191
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:46 am

Re: Dynabar V7 sizing, which one to get?

Postby oldkiter » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:32 pm

YES --- 321 is where i got mine also ; Very COOL group of Guys !!!

I Also only use the dynema and Bungee ; I asked about that and was told it "IS" an acceptable application for this devise.

Works Very well, and i'm riding toe-side on a strapped surfboard with double prosthetic now, because of it !!

1,000 thumbs-up :thumb: : Bille[/quote]

I've been thinking of getting the Dynabar.

When you both state that you use the bungee and "dyneema" - are you referring to the dyneema line that has the ring to attach a leash, or a second dyneema line used for "prorace slider"?

Thanks![/quote]

We try to help...
In the picture 1 you see a DYNABAR with 2 dyneema sliders, 1 is for the hook and 1 for the HP bungee leash. Front HP bungee leash attachment, compared to back attachment, is conceived to have more control of the kite if you loose the bar, plus you can turn both directions without positioning the bungee like you do when is attached to the back.

If you have only 1 dyneema like in picture 2 you can still attach HP bungee leash to the front, but if you rotate the hook will be pulled to one side.[/quote]

Jaystore:

Thanks for the info.

So is picture 1 probably what pixelpedro and Billie are using?? The harness hook slides along both the black bungee and one dyneema line and then the kite leash is attached to the second (lower) dyneema line?? This is the "prorace" setup??


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lovethepirk, rtz and 45 guests