Ram airs crash in 2012

Forum for kitesurfers
Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ram airs crash in 2012

Postby Arcsrule » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:51 pm

Westozzy wrote:Rode foils for years, worst decision I ever made. Held back my kiting for a good half a decade.
you joined KF June 2012, but yet you were held back a half decade. what took so long to find KITEFORUM? your credibility is questioned....

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:55 am

Arcsrule wrote:
Westozzy wrote:Rode foils for years, worst decision I ever made. Held back my kiting for a good half a decade.
you joined KF June 2012, but yet you were held back a half decade. what took so long to find KITEFORUM? your credibility is questioned....
Rode foils for years in LW...it did not hold me back at all...i kited a lot with them...
....and gained the special expertise it takes to fly those types of LW machines

Now i am not on one of them in LW...but it is nice to know i could go right back and ride one easily

.......................... :surf: :sun: ............................................................................................................

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Been thanked: 0

Postby Flight Time » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:11 am

SupaEZ wrote:...and gained the special expertise it takes
Bahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:46 pm

Flight Time wrote:
SupaEZ wrote:...and gained the special expertise it takes
Bahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can't wait to see your video riding the SP3 21 in 7-8kn :rollgrin: :rollgrin:

......it feels / reacts different than a large tube kite...special touch..that require special technique :wink:

....................Bahahahahahaha....sounds like a sheep to me :D ....................................

HAMLINDP
Frequent Poster

Postby HAMLINDP » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:48 pm

SupaEZ wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can't wait to see your video riding the SP3 21 in 7-8kn :rollgrin: :rollgrin:

......it feels / reacts different than a large tube kite...special touch..that require special technique :wink:

....................Bahahahahahaha....sounds like a sheep to me :D ....................................
Dude, where have you been? SP3 21 in 7-8kn? Absolutely no prob.

Obviously you've never flown one. You should try it. Very fun.

It's fun to watch folks try to go out, when they see you out there having fun and staying upwind.
But what is really fun is looping it while coming out of a quintuple forward roll.

Love the lift!!!

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:27 pm

HAMLINDP wrote:
SupaEZ wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can't wait to see your video riding the SP3 21 in 7-8kn :rollgrin: :rollgrin:

Dude, where have you been? SP3 21 in 7-8kn? Absolutely no prob.

Obviously you've never flown one. You should try it. Very fun.
NO NO NO :lol: ...you got it all wrong :wink: .... I was directing my comment to Flight Time :D

I once read on a post that HE was looking for one to DEMO

I have probably flown theSP3 21-SP2.5 19- SP2 19 -SP2 15 silverarrow more than most in LW..
....just ask 14Toeside..he will confirm

It is still the best out there for POWER in 7-8kn.....but not all can JUST get on it and make it work

I was just saying that it still takes certain skills to acquire to be proficient on it in such low wind

Now with my Core Riot XR2LW 19....I am very content to be powered in 8-9kn...1kn trade-off=OK

...................... :surf: ......................................................................................................

HAMLINDP
Frequent Poster

Postby HAMLINDP » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:06 pm

My bad.

That Core sounds sweet!

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:44 pm

I would venture to say SupaEZ has as many or probably more hours on Speed kites than Armin. Hundreds of hours. Primarily 19Ms and up.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:51 pm

HAMLINDP wrote:My bad.

That Core sounds sweet!
Thanks and listen...."soon i will try to post a video" about how quick i pump & self launch my 19M

Yesterday my wife filmed me in real time from the moment the kite is still folded on beach...
....to flying it off beach

I did it in 4 minutes 11 seconds....and was off kite surfing in the waves at 5 minutes 7 seconds

By the way to pump the 19 at 6PSI..it takes 83 seconds (1 min. 23 sec)..
...60 full strokes down & up.....and 55 "3/4 strokes" for a total of 115.......1.38 pumps per second

All the steps i need to prepare the kite before my first pump stroke ....1 minute 12 seconds

Re-set sandbag...unwind the 27m lines (always attached)...hook in CL..attach leash..depower kite...
......get in position to launch (1 min 36 seconds)

When i had the 21 i never measured how long it took....but it felt pretty close...could be a tie
Sorting out bridles... unwinding lines..pre-inflating sometimes..etc...etc...
....just getting the kite totally filled up when overhead all the way to the wing tips

.............................. :surf: :sun: ........................... :thanx: .............................................................

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:32 pm

Arcsrule wrote:

Spent most of my time on our local Seabreeze forum (eppo). Crew will vouch for me. When I started there were no forums.

Rode the first new wave foils, had the warrior foils ( remember them or weren't you kiting then?), had a few Peter Lynn arcs, then fly surfer psychos. So I haven't ridden a foil in a while now so maybe they have improved. They are too efficient, but that does make them great in lighter winds. Don't have the problem of light winds in WA.

But I must say I now ride ozone edges, the closest kite I have found that resembles the apparent wind build up of a foil. Just a beautiful wing. That is one thing I did like about foils.

So you needn't question my credibility by friend, learnt on wipikas and other foils, seen it all change and rode a fair few of the kites during the changes.

Each to their own. On yeh I would consider a speed 21m as I said they have their place.

Return to “Kitesurfing”