Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Wainman Rabbit`s 2.0

Forum for kitesurfers
OzBungy
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Wainman Rabbit`s 2.0

Postby OzBungy » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:39 am

The kites look fine to me. I would prefer black because it is a little easier to keep clean, but white would be ok if that was the only colour they came in. I have had white and yellow kites in the past and they looked fine after 200 hours use.

Style is about what you do with the gear. The colour and the graphics just have to be not embarassing.

It's actually a plus looking a little odd at the beach. All the cool kids think you're a kook but then they try to ride past you or pull a move and you leave them in your spray.

coleman
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby coleman » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:00 pm

Hey flight,
This is a kitesurfing discussion. Not talking about my clothes or getting laid or my job. Pretty comical though. And in fact I don't really care what image I project when kiting. I have a goofy looking pfd for instance. Probably makes me look silly. I don't really care though.

And yes I brush my teeth and wipe my own ass. It's a miracle given the silly shit I ride, what with all the bunnies and rainbows and unicorns and such.

You need to loosen up. Take a Xanax or something. Wear some shitty clothes everynow and again and you may find you still have your job and you are still getting laid. But don't forget to brush your teeth. That's just gross.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:10 pm

coleman wrote:Hey flight,
This is a kitesurfing discussion. Not talking about my clothes or getting laid or my job. Pretty comical though. And in fact I don't really care what image I project when kiting. I have a goofy looking pfd for instance. Probably makes me look silly. I don't really care though.
I meant to draw a comparison on what we do at the beach and in real life. Everyone wants to look good doing whatever they do. It's makes it hard to look decent when you're a grown man flying a cartoon! Just saying that if Wainman wanted to make a good marketing decision, they would realize that fully 90% of the people who use their gear are adult men, and fully 99.9% of those grown men care what they look like and are practical enough to know that a white kite will be a bitch to keep clean. I think it to be a fact that if you are aware that you look good doing whatever it is you are doing, it lends the confidence to BE better at it. So in that light, you might want to invest in a cool looking PFD, if you even need one at all. :lol: :thumb:
coleman wrote:You need to loosen up. Take a Xanax or something. Wear some shitty clothes everynow and again and you may find you still have your job and you are still getting laid.
I loosen up by going kiting, and the winds have been pathetic and offshore for weeks on end. I think I have been being a bit of a dick because of this, so accept my apologies, and feel free to ride a cartoon if it suits you. :wink:

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: ¤°

Postby POACHER » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:29 pm

This thread kinda took a turn to gayville.....

Never flown a Wainman. Curious how the low AR handles gusts. They look like a fun wave kite.

A friend of mine and I kited on Monday. We met another kiter at the spot that was flying a 12m Wainman. Seemed like a well built kite. He did snap off the depower cleat on the bar after about an hour..... That kind of janky shit happens on all brands though.

(thank you China...)

DJwilson
Medium Poster
Local Beach: South coast UK
Favorite Beaches: Nappeague, USA
Paros, GREECE
Wissand, FRANCE
Alvor, PORTUGAL
Style: Freeride, waves
Gear: Ozone, Wainman, various boards

Postby DJwilson » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:30 pm

Proud owner of the first generation Smoke and Gypsy - both in white. Would actually prefer them in black but who cares. Have to say that I think the V2 graphics are just terrible really, but again doesn t really matter does it - what does is whether these V2 kites are as good as the V1s??!

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:31 pm

I agree as well that the v2 graphics are not as good as v1. I love my v1 smoke and gypsy. The black gypsy 6.5 is badass looking.
Knowing how fun these kites are makes the graphics a non issue.

Been on kites with very suspect looks so its not a big deal. I mean, any best kite features a giant winged cock. That's pretty awful but still people fly them.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:41 pm

coleman wrote:Been on kites with very suspect looks so its not a big deal. I mean, any best kite features a giant winged cock. That's pretty awful but still people fly them.
But still, I'd say a giant winged cock is far more manly than the word "bunny". :lol:

Still wouldn't fly either of them. I'm happy with my kites for what I do.

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:53 pm

I wouldn't care if I had. FREAKIN BUZZARD on it. Try the Wainman and u may be surprised. :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:03 pm

14ToeSide wrote:I wouldn't care if I had. FREAKIN BUZZARD on it. Try the Wainman and u may be surprised. :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday:
Are you saying that Flight time................is a Flight risk :wink:

rtz
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 75kg
Favorite Beaches: OBX
SPI
Gear: SlingShot, Switch.

Postby rtz » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:58 am

The black kites were really nice to look at. The white ones look like they got washed with bleach or someone took all the colors away.

Return to “Kitesurfing”