Forum for kitesurfers
smokedvw
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Liquid Force Nova or DLX for Freestyle

Postby smokedvw » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:02 pm

I'm looking for a freestyle board to add with my other board (2012 Crazyfly Allround). I am trying to chose between the LF Nova or DLX both around 133-134 I'm 75kg. I will be using straps not bindings.

Any help would be much appreciated since I cant find any reviews online.

Thanks

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Re: Liquid Force Nova or DLX for Freestyle

Postby dyyylan » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:37 pm

For straps you will probably want the nova. DLX is a fantastic board but it has a lot of rocker and just rides slower. Perfect for riding powered with boots. The nova is one of the most efficient twin tips I've ridden and pops really nice. Goes upwind like a rocket and works very well when underpowered as well (unlike DLX).

They're both great boards but its a pretty easy decision since one is made for straps and the other for wake style with boots. Personally I ride most of the time on the nova and have an influence for boots. If you want a board that is a little more wake style but less rocker than the DLX I recommend the influence, it's a sick board too.

pixelpedro
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: not telling
Favorite Beaches: So far: Santa Cruz, Pismo, Hood River
Style: lil this ... lil dat
Gear: The one that flies and floats

Postby pixelpedro » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:47 pm

Great post, I actually just started reading about these.

Dyyylan: between the DLX and influence, do you think (obviously IYO) is best all around wake, meaning, at the cable park, behind boat and behind the kite?

Just trying to keep the gear count to a minimum.

Tnx.

Motion
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 90
Local Beach: Grado, Marina Julija
Style: Freeride
Gear: Blade
Been thanked: 0

Postby Motion » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:29 pm

pixelpedro wrote:Great post, I actually just started reading about these.

Dyyylan: between the DLX and influence, do you think (obviously IYO) is best all around wake, meaning, at the cable park, behind boat and behind the kite?

Tnx.
If you count cable and boat, than dlx is better choose, but it will still very much suck for cable and boat. DLX doesn't really have that much rocker (4 cm) compare to other wake-style board (custom, arcade,..)
IMO, think what will you ride the most. If you are going to ride cable and boat 90% time than get a wake board an try to find a cheap kite board for those few day's behind the kite. If it is the other way around buy a kite board that will suit your riding style and buy a cheap wake board to. A cheap wake board will be million times better behind cable and boat than kiteboard. And you can get second had wakeboard pretty cheap.

Don't cut corners to much, you will and up with a bad session behind the kite and behind the cable.

pixelpedro
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: not telling
Favorite Beaches: So far: Santa Cruz, Pismo, Hood River
Style: lil this ... lil dat
Gear: The one that flies and floats

Postby pixelpedro » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:09 am

Motion wrote:
pixelpedro wrote:Great post, I actually just started reading about these.

Tnx.
If you count cable and boat, than dlx is better choose, but it will still very much suck for cable and boat. DLX doesn't really have that much rocker (4 cm) compare to other wake-style board (custom, arcade,..)
IMO, think what will you ride the most. If you are going to ride cable and boat 90% time than get a wake board an try to find a cheap kite board for those few day's behind the kite. If it is the other way around buy a kite board that will suit your riding style and buy a cheap wake board to. A cheap wake board will be million times better behind cable and boat than kiteboard. And you can get second had wakeboard pretty cheap.

Don't cut corners to much, you will and up with a bad session behind the kite and behind the cable.
Yeah, thanks Motion, I was thinking about that, not cutting corners, I craigslist some wakeboards, and can get a really decent board for cheap, the board will be mainly for kite, just wanted something that I can take to the cable park and/or behind the boat. I feel I have enough gear as it is and just wanted to simplify thing.

Tnx.

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Postby dyyylan » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:18 pm

Yeah I agree with everything Motion said. If you want to get one boots board for everything the only real option is the DLX, the influence is a little more flexy and has less rocker so wouldn't be as good for cable. But it's a sick board for kiting, I can ride it in *almost* the same wind as my nova (also because it's several cm wider and longer) and for me has the perfect amount of flex and rocker for the choppy shit we have here in south fl. Flatter boards make my knees a little sore when it's really choppy and I've been riding every day

honestly id try to pick up a cheap wakeboard and get whichever kiteboard you think would be the best for what you want to do, theyre just designed so differently...

Return to “Kitesurfing”