Naish Global or Slingy Celeritas?

Forum for kitesurfers
kitepilot
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Naish Global or Slingy Celeritas?

Postby kitepilot » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:50 am

I need a new wave board I think I have it dialed down to either the 5'8" naish global or the sling shot celeritas.
I ride strapped and still like to jump the boards on the way back out to the line up, so I need durability besides a good riding board. Been surfing for a long time, been kiting for about 10 years.
Any input would be appreciated.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Global or Slingy Celeritas?

Postby tautologies » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:01 am

kitepilot wrote:I need a new wave board I think I have it dialed down to either the 5'8" naish global or the sling shot celeritas.
I ride strapped and still like to jump the boards on the way back out to the line up, so I need durability besides a good riding board. Been surfing for a long time, been kiting for about 10 years.
Well, I got the 5'8'' global. For that same reason, powered riding and jumping. I think the global is super strong. In addition to the regular extras that kiteboards usually have, they added a layer of pvc under. That makes the board super strong. Though I am sure it is possible to break just about anything, mine held up last year. Though it is just an extra, I do like the fact that it has 5 fin boxes and a nice day bag :-)

The celeritas I think is quite a bit wider than the globals. If you want a wider board the skater line from naish might be more comparable...of course I might be wrong on the celeritas.

Brent4336
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Brent4336 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:44 am

Yeah man, two very different boards!

lander
Frequent Poster

Postby lander » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:32 am

Tough choice. Think you have nailed it down to two of the best boards on the market. If you ride as you describe I would recommand the global. If you are a heavy person the tyrant could also be a good choice due to a little more volume in the middle

K8boarder
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Miami, FL - South Beach, Crandon, Mathenson Hammock Park
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach, D.R.
Style: freestyle
Gear: Slingshot and GK

Postby K8boarder » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:08 pm

Go with Slingshot

flybykite
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Nitinat Lake, BC, Canada
Mui Ne, Vietnam
Style: Old School
Gear: Shinn Monk
V8K Ozone Edges 7&9

Postby flybykite » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:19 am

Cant comment on the Celeritas but I've just got the Global a few days ago and I love it! Super agressive and stable. Been jumping it and it seems very solid. My only gripe so far is that the front foot strap kinda digs into to the side of my foot since I ride with more of a duck stance.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:33 am

flybykite wrote:Cant comment on the Celeritas but I've just got the Global a few days ago and I love it! Super agressive and stable. Been jumping it and it seems very solid. My only gripe so far is that the front foot strap kinda digs into to the side of my foot since I ride with more of a duck stance.
I'm not trying to be presumptuous, but make sure you have the footstraps in the right orientation. They should have the wide part towards eachother. It makes a huge difference :-)

ELI
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: ELI
Style: Surf
Gear: Cabs,Sling and Custom

Postby ELI » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:14 pm

Can we add the Cabrinha skillit to this ?,I am looking at the 3 ,only have used the skillit any comparision.I am using straps and starting strapless

DSZ
Frequent Poster
Weight: 188
Local Beach: New England
Favorite Beaches: Cape Ann, Cape Cod, Hatteras, Turks and Caicos.
Style: Prefer Surf
Gear: Airush Lithiums and Wave. Custom Amundson, BWS surfboards. Occasional Jamie Pro 139 TT

Postby DSZ » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:57 pm

kitepilot wrote:I need a new wave board I think I have it dialed down to either the 5'8" naish global or the sling shot celeritas.
Adding very good upwind ability to the requirements, any other experienced rider suggestions for what would work, I'm 185lbs?

steadywind
Rare Poster

Postby steadywind » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:54 am

I need a new board and thinking Global 5'8" or something else. What about 5'7" Wainman Gambler? I've heard good things.

Return to “Kitesurfing”