...not us

knotmyfault
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: SupaEZ vs Dimitri movie trailer

Postby knotmyfault » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:07 pm

My post: Welcome to Dimitri’s forum… Has been deleted by the administrator,,,,
I guess this one will not last very long since the Dimitri’s name is taboo here,,
Last edited by knotmyfault on Sun May 12, 2013 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

McAbe
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Praia da Barra
Gear: Mixed
Been thanked: 0

Postby McAbe » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:12 am

knotmyfault wrote:My post: Welcome to Dimitri’s forum… Has been deleted by the administrator,,,,
I guess this one will not last very long since the Dimitri’s name is taboo here,,

You don't understand, you need to purchase adds to go up against Mr. D, or get any kind of support when your integrity is being violated by other users (like Mr. D) :evil:

That is if you don't do it the Supaez way, way to go :thumb:
Looking forward to the "movie" and more info that is actually useful and interesting about LW kiting :D

Kiting straight downwind on a floating fortress might look sweet when edited in a video, but is it in reality?
Like the respected designer Bill H said, true LW performance is measured in upwind performance, not in how few knots it needs to stay in the air.

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50

Postby frankm1960 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:31 am

knotmyfault wrote:My post: Welcome to Dimitri’s forum… Has been deleted by the administrator,,,,
is this the one?

viewtopic.php?f=92&t=2378582

looks like it was moved from the regular forum to FLAMMERS ... can't imagine why :lol:

Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The whole coastline of Perth WA
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River
Style: freestyle Wake Surf
Gear: Kites - Naish, Bws Surf, Epic
boards - F-One - Axxis - NBL - Shinn

Postby Kite2Heaven » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:39 am

Hey SupaEz

Why are you on a directional raceboard and Dimitri on a twin tip in the video clip ???

After all your posts - you show up with a race board - did I miss that sentence ? appologies if so..

Thats an instant Epic FAIL on your behalf - I hope you guys swapped gear - then alls good...

Also if your a bit skinny by comparison - why werent you wearing a weighted backpack to even things up so either kite would have no advantage ???

I just hope that if the Epic Infinity is a 17m and on 20m lines.... He doesnt decide to make a 19m and use 27m lines and use a big arse raceboard or your all in trouble !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chemosavi
Very Frequent Poster
Style: If Ghengis Kan, I kan too!
Gear: Grass fed Carbon Fiber
Brand Affiliation: Peace in the Middle East

Postby chemosavi » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:53 am

Supa, Great to see you appearing in movies besides The Lord of the Rings.

Hansen Design
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hansen Design » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:08 am

@ McAbe: +1 :thumb:
...true LW performance is measured in upwind performance...

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:35 am

Last edited by L0KI on Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:40 pm

Kite2Heaven wrote:Hey SupaEz

Why are you on a directional raceboard and Dimitri on a twin tip in the video clip ???

After all your posts - you show up with a race board - did I miss that sentence ? appologies if so..

Thats an instant Epic FAIL on your behalf - I hope you guys swapped gear - then alls good...

Also if your a bit skinny by comparison - why werent you wearing a weighted backpack to even things up so either kite would have no advantage ???

I just hope that if the Epic Infinity is a 17m and on 20m lines.... He doesnt decide to make a 19m and use 27m lines and use a big arse raceboard or your all in trouble !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: You are cracking me up :thumb:

I did ask him if he wanted to extend his lines to 27...and he said..no need..before we hit the water

I did ask him if he wanted to get his Reef directional..and he said no need..before we hit the water

Please note that at the EYEBALLED wind speed of 7-8kn...we both had to work our kites a bit

The line length is irrelevant..because when we both got going the kites were parked

Both kites during side by side testing on beach were exactly at the same angle at edge of window

19 w/higher aspect ratio + 27m = same
17 with lower AR and optimized to catch the wind naturally lower in the window +22m = same

I think he made the right choice ..for the way he rode to stay on the standard line length
At 27m and riding on the inside close to the beach..it could have pulled him on to the beach more

I am tall 6ft so at 165lb/75kg.....and wet....i do look skinny
Maybe Dimitri could drop from 180 to 175/170.......instead of ME putting on a weight vest :D

Now about boards....so you think that little board of mine is a what you call a purebred raceboard

Let take Dimitri's 2 largest production boards (of course excluding sidewalk size SUP'S)
Oxygen V2 135X47............Reef 5'7" x 19 1/2 inches x 2 3/8 thick

And now....OMG he has cheated...my SupaDupa raceboard dimensions
Did you know the overall maximum width is only "half a centimeter" more than 47.0 at 47.5cm

Also the "flat area" underneath at the widest point is only 45.0cm...17 3/4 inches
The actual board length that is "in the water" usable when riding is 120cm.....44cm out of water
.....at 164 cm long...5'3" it is very short...compared to raceboards as you say ..oh wise one :wink:

And it is thin...less than 2 inches..closer to 1 3/4" actually
It is a TWIN FIN....and yes....they are larger than on his TT...measures 14cm / 5 1/2"
So YES i had to ride on the outside and not in glassy inside in 6 inches of water

I would say that the wind was not quite as strong where i rode...being further from the shoreline
I was riding is mostly chop between the small waves...and whitewater every 5 seconds

I GOTTA TELL YOU...IT WAS SO MUCH FUN TO RIDE WITH DIMITRI..he is the nicest guy :thumb:

.................................. :surf: :sun: .....................................................................................................................

Return to “Kitesurfing”