Style: freeride
Gear: naish nobile
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2013 RPM pics released

Postby fdvj » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:59 pm

richieski wrote:NOT happy,
I have hols booked to Oz and I was going to purchase a quiver of RPM's for the start of the season but guess what? I went for C4's all because the RPM's were not available.
Can anyone from slingy please explain why the release date is in the New Year as many places around the world, the season starts Nov/Dec.
Do you not think you may benefit if you could bring the launch date forward a couple of months? think of all the kites that could be sold for crimbo pressies and all that Christmas gift money going to sales.
You should think yourself lucky to have ended up with a superior kite.

doublerumandcoke
Frequent Poster

Postby doublerumandcoke » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:04 am

I think the point being made is why not release the kite 5-6 weeks earlier before Xmas when people have money to spend. Why wait til people are broke?

DRC

Biggest Air
Rare Poster
Style: Old School Rules !!!
Gear: 9m and 12m 09 Naish Helix
10m 11 Slingshot Rally
135 Shinn Player Limited Edition
Various other 'Museum' pieces !!!
Brand Affiliation: None: The one I'm using at the time!

Postby Biggest Air » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:52 am

I actually had a couple of additional thoughts... Inspired by:
Jbrook wrote:They release them in January because they are interested in selling other models first? Go figure, how dare them release a 2013 kite in 2013, get a grip sure your riding wont feel the difference in the 2012 to the 2013 model. For this reason kite companies must be laughing, a kite released in 2012 and bought in 2012 is a 2012 in my opinion. It was designed, tested and released in 2012 or maybe even started in 2011, so does that make it a 2011-2012 kite? Oh nooooooo.
a) So how come the 2013 Rally is available - that's sort of what dyyylan was getting at - is it a development thing and the 2013 RPM is not ready ?
b) Not all of us buy kites every season/year - so the 'Subtle' changes year-on-year may be missed and it could in fact be a step change from the last kite we brought. Agreed the kite 'Year' can be a bit misleading, but it's all we have right now. I'm all for calling them Mk I, Mk II, etc. as the year's progress !!!
c) Given that we now know that the 2013 RPM is 'Available' shortly, can we expect massive discounted prices on 2012 items ? I didn't think so...

MandM
Rare Poster

Postby MandM » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:56 pm

Slingy, Please release kites at a time that suits our purchasing requirements
Changing kites in mid jan is really not a runner for me - Any chance you can release now!!!
Thanks

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:50 pm

Brands have teams with a designer and a team of test riders.
They work through the kites to get them ready to go.
When ready, they release them.
If you want all 3 4 or 5 kite models released at the same time, all but one will have been essentially sitting in a warehouse for months.
The factories can't sew them all at once, either. Etc.

doublerumandcoke
Frequent Poster

Postby doublerumandcoke » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:07 am

BWD wrote:Brands have teams with a designer and a team of test riders.
They work through the kites to get them ready to go.
When ready, they release them.
If you want all 3 4 or 5 kite models released at the same time, all but one will have been essentially sitting in a warehouse for months.
The factories can't sew them all at once, either. Etc.
SS are releasing 2 kites in Jan. If the kite has been redesigned then maybe, but i doubt it has anything but subtle changes. Why change a winner (if it ain't broke don't fix it). And strangley the RPM was released mid Jan last few years. I'm sure a 52 week minimul tweak can be cut to a 46 week tweak to boost sales when people have full and not empty wallets.

Sell to people with money. Business 101. NO BRAINER.

DRC

bengreen123
Rare Poster
Local Beach: So Cal
Gear: Best all the way

Postby bengreen123 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:33 am

Anyone had a chance to try one yet? I am in the market for a new 10m and it's between the RPM and the Best HP....Old school, big air, loops, grabs etc

Return to “Kitesurfing”