Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

How can i make the chiken loop bigger ?

Forum for kitesurfers
DirkGently
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: How can i make the chiken loop bigger ?

Postby DirkGently » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:48 pm

lawnmower wrote:Making the CL bigger has implications...

The bar will be that much farther from your body. Your normal riding position for arms will necessarily change if you don't make other adjustments, i.e. shorten the center lines via depower. Problem with that is you'll be back to full-power where your arms normally are, and you'll lose the ability to depower as much as before.

You'll need a new longer donkey-dick too. Those things are cut just right. If too long, they are hard to get in and out and may poke your belly. Too short they'll pop out when you least expect. Me thinks one of the reasons for small CLs is precisely to keep the DD short so it doesn't poke you.

My 2011 Naish cl/dd are a perfect combination - when it is under full load the dd is just right, hasn't ever popped out unexpectedly.
As an admitted lawnmower, why would you give advice on the mechanics of unhooking ?

To the OP : The Naish chickenloop will actually be a lot easier than you'd imagine to rebuild quite a bit larger. There will be a bit of work involved, several tiny screws to remove and remember where they go for reassembly, and a bit of splicing, which might be new territory but its actually super easy.

The biggest problem will probably be sourcing the polyurethane covering over the spectra inner, if you can get a slightly longer section of that, and then disassemble your current loop, you should be able to build one just by copying. Some really great splicing resources can be found on the samson rope website. probably only take a couple hours.

That being said you could just go buy a pimp new airush bar ;)

fdvj
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: lancing
Style: freeride
Gear: naish nobile
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby fdvj » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:03 pm

naish make bigger CLs if you can find one.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:37 pm

DirkGently wrote:The biggest problem will probably be sourcing the polyurethane covering over the spectra inner
go to the hardware store and get some high pressure hose they'll cut you a couple feet for a dollar or two. The spectra/dyneema you might have to order to get the right size.

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:42 pm

SaaR wrote:
Toby wrote:some companies offer bigger c-loops as extra. then simply replace it.
for which bar? airush as well?
No men, for naish 2012 bar..
http://www.nantucketkiteboarding.com/wp ... ogression/

waynepjh
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone edges and c4
Brand Affiliation: Ozone team rider

Postby waynepjh » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:36 pm

I am a tall guy at 6'4" and the longer ozone chicken loop makes unhooking easier. If you are not very tall then it is not needed. The ozone loop also comes with a larger donkey dick.

Return to “Kitesurfing”