The Gorge
Style: Free/surf
Gear: Vader 5'1"
North Neo 6/8/10m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: The new North Trust Bar 2013

Postby unbob » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:09 am

ronnie wrote:The method of switching the bar length is something I wouldn't want, because I am paying for something that isn't necessary. A short piece of rope through a hole with a knot on each end does the same thing.
Same with changing the steering line lengths - I'd rather just move a larks head knot to another knot on the leader line.
I disagree - the "short piece of rope through a hole with a knot on each end" is used on my 2012 Trust Bar and it's a PITA to change bar length or steering line lengths because the floaters must be pushed up the leader line to move the larks head knot. Sounds easy but the floaters fit tightly around the leader line and knots and are somewhat difficult to push up the leader line. Relatively easy procedure but could be made to be a lot easier - I'll assume the method on the 2013 bar is in fact easier.

Return to “Kitesurfing”