Forum for kitesurfers
UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby UKSurf » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Thanks for the offer of a demo of the Infinity but I will probably not buy one, I wouldnt want to put a dent in your 100% demo to sales record :wink: . I am very happy with my Airush Sector in lightwinds with my existing 14m high aspect kite - gets me out in 7/8 knots upwind and blasting along at speed. Ill save my twin tip riding for a force 4, blasting on along at speed in a force 3 on a Sector on smooth water and getting air from board speed and waves rather than kite lift is alot of fun. Maybe you should contact your local Airush rep and demo a Sector :D

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:29 am

Hey PMU i have some great numbers that will highlight the popularity of the thread you started :thumb:

During that supa short period of 1 1/2 month...it has averaged about 388 posts a month :winner2:

Compare that accomplishment of yours to the" Most sexy kite picture" thread :wink:

Today is it's 7th :happybirthday: by the way...started on Jan 15th 2006

5395 posts took 84 months to do .......so that is only about 65 per month :lame1:

.... :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump:

The question is....will it last 6 years and reach a total of 32,592 posts

Time will tell......and by then ..................the BS LW will be about the V9

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:56 am

Dimitri M wrote:Once again Mr.Pump me up...
No need to be so formal Dimi. You are welcome to call me "Mr Pumpy"... or even "Pumpy" (But I'm not sure about this last one ... not sure we know each other well enough).
Last edited by Pump me up on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:10 am

SupaEZ wrote:Hey PMU i have some great numbers that will highlight the popularity of the thread you started :thumb:

During that supa short period of 1 1/2 month...it has averaged about 388 posts a month :winner2:

Compare that accomplishment of yours to the" Most sexy kite picture" thread :wink:

Today is it's 7th :happybirthday: by the way...started on Jan 15th 2006

5395 posts took 84 months to do .......so that is only about 65 per month :lame1:

.... :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump:

The question is....will it last 6 years and reach a total of 32,592 posts

Time will tell......and by then ..................the BS LW will be about the V9
Thanks Supa. Some interesting stat's. I feel like we're living in some sort of crazy parallel universe here: The deficiencies of the Infinity are starkly obvious, have been demonstrated numerous times by innumerable credible riders, and it is obviously a smaller kite (~ 16m) so, of course, can't have the low end of a 19m kite.... but still, the "Epic goon squad" ( :P -thanks Laughingman!) insists it has the "power of a 19m" and can perform in < 7 knots ("5 knots - no way!" or "2-4 knots on a SUP").

The Epic "goon squad" are bringing out their big guns, swinging their fake forum names into action, personalising the attacks, and trying to turn it into some sort of endurance test. It's good you're still in there batting - keep up the good work.

Pumpy ........... :pump:
Last edited by Pump me up on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:19 am

frankm1960 wrote: shoulda tried the V3... I hear they're fantastic light wind machines :)
yakyakyak :)

Hey he let me try the V3 IN 15 knots minimum with my directional North Whip 5'7" 2011

A rainy storm came through late that afternoon with side on wind...south-east direction

With those short 22m lines i could have ridden that small kite EZ in 18 knots..no problem

I do not know what all the fuss in about that it has soooooo much power.....
that it will totally overpower you if the wind picks up :lol:

Is he talking about beginner riders.....i have zero problem in 18kn on my 19 w/ 27m lines

And i perform better using one less knot of wind than any Infinity ever created to date

It was unfair..not the board...not my weight...not my lines
...but to put a large size kite against a medium size for comparison

I was not my idea that is for sure

P.S. He did not go out of his way to come and meet me like someone suggested
He was on a mission ...and even 10 angry pitbulls could not have stopped him to do so

He had to meet Supa face to face :D

.................................... :surf: :sun: ...........................................................................................................

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:33 am

UKSurf,
Do me a favor and do some research and you will see that I use to be sponsored by AIRUSH for over 4 years. Worked with the owner Svein + every body else who was involved with the R&D of the product. So in few words great company and great people. I might know more then you think about AIRUSH.
:wink:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:26 am

:
Last edited by L0KI on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Been thanked: 0

Postby Flight Time » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:46 am

Oldnbroken wrote:
SupaEZ wrote:Hey PMU....the popularity of the thread you started.
During that Supa short period of 1 1/2 month...it has averaged about 388 posts a month
Supa-
You took over this thread a long time ago!
:thumb:
SupaMouth? SupaBraggart? SupaEgo? SupaTroll? Yeah, SupaTroll it is, the way he is randomly insulting everyone who doesn't subscribe to his flawed beliefs and basking in the pure negative attention given to him. Soaking up the rays, as it were. :lol:

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50

Postby frankm1960 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:06 am

DrLightWind wrote:In my humble opinion I don't think you'll be able to SUP with it in a 2 - 4 kn Light Wind CHALLENGE Claim,
but let's wait and see you never know that would be a + and I will make a video to show,
I'll be back, No BS :!: when talking about light winds :nono:

DrLW
I agree.... 2-4kts is definitely a challenge... looking forward to hearing how you make out with the V3 on the sup in light winds and watching your video.

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50

Postby frankm1960 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:18 am

SupaEZ wrote: It was unfair..not the board...not my weight...not my lines
...but to put a large size kite against a medium size for comparison
I agree with you on the size comparison being unfair :D

I'm going to switch my attention to Dr. LightWind as he seems to be a little more focused on kiting and trying out the V3 in light winds. Really looking forward to his video.

Thx suppa... carry on with the light wind claims :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”