Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rome
Brand Affiliation: JAY
Has thanked: 0

Dynabar XT 2013, the most advanced solution ever

Postby jaystore » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:18 pm

Jay News

Dynabar XT 2013

JAY is working on sliding hook solution since 2009 , starting with V3 version and ending up with the most advanced solution available on the market, DYNABAR XT 2013.

The coming year will see different sliding solutions available on the market, DaKine with his sliding spreader bar and MYSTIC with a similar idea but mounted on a new asymmetric harness called 2Face.

But DYNABAR is more than a spreader bar, DYNABAR is a complete solution for traction sports. We designed this solution to be adaptable to specific kite disciplines: fixed hook for freestyle, more comfortable pivoting and sliding hook for freeride, sliding hook for waveriding and hook sliding on dyneema slider to give best performances to racers either on water or snow.

DYNABAR customers supported our solution with enthusiasm and patience despite the problems we had to find the compromise between a light but strong product. During 2012 we concentrated our effort to make a more strong and reliable steel frame and we found a solution with the minimum added weight.

We are also glad to support KSP kite wave surfer Ryan Coote with our new JAY XT harness equipped by DYNABAR XT 2013, this is what he writes to us:

I am very impressed with the movement that the jay harness gives me. I am total convinced that every wave rider will be using a slider harness in the future. Lets try make it a jay harness. : )
KSP Maui .
We where very unlucky with conditions that we had in Maui…………The Light winds and small waves that we got for the comp didn't really suit me.
So it's only since I have been back home here in Ireland that I have had quality time testing and getting used to the harness. I love it totally. So far I have only used it on the roller and the rope. But the increased movement and balance is amazing…

The time for sliding hook solution is now, don't hesitate more and whatever will be the brand you choose we are sure you will improve your style.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Dynabar XT 2013, the most advanced solution ever

Postby tautologies » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:59 am

will this setup work with a naish harness?

jaystore
Frequent Poster

Postby jaystore » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:40 am

tautologies wrote:will this setup work with a naish harness?
We sell two types of belt hooks for single 40mm webbing or double 25mm webbing.
If your harness has a clicker bar remove the double ring adapter and add a belt hook.

Krazedkiter
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby Krazedkiter » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:30 am

Do any of the Dynabars come with the second bottom strap attachment like the Mystic harness has? I beleive they call it the spreader bar down system. Works wonders to keep the bar/pad from flipping up on you.

jaystore
Frequent Poster

Postby jaystore » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am

Krazedkiter wrote:Do any of the Dynabars come with the second bottom strap attachment like the Mystic harness has? I beleive they call it the spreader bar down system. Works wonders to keep the bar/pad from flipping up on you.
DYNABAR is compatible with all harnesses equipped with spreader bar pull down webbing.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:35 pm

Stock available in the UK now......
:wink:

http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/inde ... &catId=100

:thumb:

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:22 pm

The Dynabar XT Spreader Bar

buzzz
Medium Poster

Postby buzzz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:06 pm

one end of the freeride slider bar on my dynabar (V5) broke off fm the weld - it was the 'freeride' slider with the kink in it which I don't really like for wave kiting ... thinking of getting the other end drilled out, and try & find some dyneema here instead - think it's about 6mm - do you know ?
should work ... can't see why not - whatyareckon ?

does the dyneema need a different type of 'pully' on the bottom of the hook, or will the old V5 one still work fine ?

I've got a fixed Dakine bar I can use in the meantime - but dont wanna go back to fixed after the freedom of the dynabar - greeeat product imo

*think I'm just about to order the V7 fm Jaystore in Italy direct - 99euro - $130 + whatever postage is to Thailand (not much i hope) - thats for the full kit ... only problem is customs here might hit me a bit ...

jaystore
Frequent Poster

Postby jaystore » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:13 am

buzzz wrote:one end of the freeride slider bar on my dynabar (V5) broke off fm the weld - it was the 'freeride' slider with the kink in it which I don't really like for wave kiting ... thinking of getting the other end drilled out, and try & find some dyneema here instead - think it's about 6mm - do you know ?
should work ... can't see why not - whatyareckon ?

does the dyneema need a different type of 'pully' on the bottom of the hook, or will the old V5 one still work fine ?

I've got a fixed Dakine bar I can use in the meantime - but dont wanna go back to fixed after the freedom of the dynabar - greeeat product imo

*think I'm just about to order the V7 fm Jaystore in Italy direct - 99euro - $130 + whatever postage is to Thailand (not much i hope) - thats for the full kit ... only problem is customs here might hit me a bit ...
Hi Buzz, you can drill the holes and insert a 6mm dyneema but take care of sharp edges that cuts the dyneema very quickly (we use PA bushing to protect).
You can use the hook with the PA roller and washer. With dyneema slider you will experience much more freedom compared to FR slider.
About to buy V7 XT and shipment to Thailand we sent you email.

buzzz
Medium Poster

Postby buzzz » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:50 am

Thanks for yr quick reply & advice ...

I will try the Dyneema on my V5 & I will buy a V7 as well !

Return to “Kitesurfing”