Gear: - Cabrinha SwitchBlade 2014 - 9 - 12 m

-Xenon Laluz 135
-Shinn Monk Forever 134
-LiquidForce - Recoil 130
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

2013 SwitchBlade feedbacks for an Egyptian Newbie

Postby Captain_East » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:09 pm

Dear old members i just started riding last year and i'm still a newbie, kindly give me a feedback about the 2013 SB and what Brands do you recommend for me.
btw i'm riding OmegaHD 2009, to be honest i'm tryin to ride it but it seems impossible :D

PS: if you have any question about kiting spots in Egypt, I can surely help you.

Thanks

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A
Has thanked: 0

Re: 2013 SwitchBlade feedbacks for an Egyptian Newbie

Postby dyyylan » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:27 pm

The switchblade can be good or bad depending on how you like your kites to feel. It's one of the slower and less responsive kites on the market, with more bar pressure than most. Some beginners really like this because it makes the kite super predictable, so if you accidentally throw the bar the wrong way, or oversteer it, it takes a longer time to turn and you can correct it.

Other than that, it does pretty much everything ok. It jumps well, goes upwind well, has good wind range. They are expensive, if that matters to you.

When I was still getting all the basics down I preferred my kites to be faster. When I made a mistake I wanted to be able to correct it right away. I found this very difficult with the switchblade because it's so unresponsive. I switched to Liquid Force Envys, and then C kites and progressed much faster. So it's more up to you, and how you like your kites to behave.

Either way, the switchblade is a good all around kite so if you can get a good deal on it you can't go wrong.

Other kites I would consider based on personal preference, that I think would be good for beginners:
Liquid Force Envy (simple and easy to ride, great for surfing and wakestyle)
Best Kahoona (very simple and easy to ride)
Best TS (a little bit faster and more direct, great for freestyle when you improve)
North Rebel or Evo, if you like 5 lines or 4
Slingshot RPM (faster/direct, awesome for freestyle)

Jetset
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Marvin, Pie.
Favorite Beaches: Marvin
Style: Anything fun
Gear: 2013 switches
Has thanked: 0

Postby Jetset » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:02 am

I have a 2013 9 and 11 switch and they're currently for sale. The 9m is brand-new. That should tell you something. The 2012s were decent but save your money and frustration.

Captain_East
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Ras Sedr, Sinai - El Gouna Red Sea - Sharm El Sheikh
*Red Sea - Egypt*
Gear: - Cabrinha SwitchBlade 2014 - 9 - 12 m

-Xenon Laluz 135
-Shinn Monk Forever 134
-LiquidForce - Recoil 130

Postby Captain_East » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:05 am

dyyylan your words really made sense. Thanks a lot man.

Return to “Kitesurfing”