Shinn Street vs Slingshot Misfit

Forum for kitesurfers
wallyman
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Shinn Street vs Slingshot Misfit

Postby wallyman » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:26 pm

Have the slingy misfit 2012 147 generally happy with it , interested how it rates against the shinn street ? Heard some good reports of this board, thanks

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Worth, FL
Jupiter, FL
Style: Freeride/surf
Gear: kites and boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Shinn Street vs Slingshot Misfit

Postby jespin4845 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:57 am

the board is awesome, feels great, but does not have the low end of your misfit, so expect that. The stance is also narrower. The rocker on the street is pretty big, especially compared to the misfit...however i got rid of my street and got a hadlow, same feeling as the street but better low end. I would say the low end between the street and the 146 misfit is 4-5 knots at 200 lbs...the hadlow is only like 3 knots behind the misfit...that huge concave helps...

MMac22
Medium Poster
Local Beach: SC
Style: Surf
Gear: North kites, Tomo boards
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shinn Street vs Slingshot Misfit

Postby MMac22 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:50 am

Hmmm, kind of difficult to compare the Street to your Misfit 146x43.5 since the largest Street is 137x42.5, this is a big difference in size. However, for its size, I've found the Street to have very good low end performance and still maintains great control when the wind is cranking. I would say the Street has a wide wind range. I don't think I'd want to be on a 146x43.5 in high winds. I would also bet the Street is lighter and rides smoother. The Street is really a fun & amazing ride in the 137x42.5 size (haven't tried it in other sizes).

Return to “Kitesurfing”