Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2013 Blade Fat Lady

Forum for kitesurfers
clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None

2013 Blade Fat Lady

Postby clint2070 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:48 am

Finally got some wind here in San Diego on Monday and was able to try out this years Fat Lady for the first time. This is by far the best light wind kite I've ever flown.Me and my friend Mike put this years model and last years up against each other. There was no comparison on upwind capability.Im 10lbs lighter than mike and riding my Mako King (not all that of a light wind board) Last years model might turn a little faster but I would never trade that for the low end of the 2013. I cant wait to put it up against the Dyno and the Edge. I havent had a chance to see how it jumps or goes down the line in surf yet but I will post some more info as it comes. For the past couple of years it seems a lot of kite companies have tweeked their designs in the wrong way resulting in a worse model rather than an improved one. Blade on the other hand has consistently improved each year ! That Fat Lady is proof of that ! Cant wait to get a Trigger too !

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Has thanked: 0

Re: 2013 Blade Fat Lady

Postby Westozzy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:50 am

Really against a dyno and an edge. Very different markets for light wind kites man. But yeh why not I suppose. Yeh keep hearing good things about this fat lady.

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:02 am

Interesting. This is what Epic has to say about the Fat Lady:
UKSurf wrote:
Dimitri M wrote:The difference from the INFINITY V2 vs the FAT LADY is that the INFINITY v2 turns faster and has better pop. But the power is piratically the same after testing them.
Now the INFINITY V3 is something different.
:thumb:
Why did Momi design an inferior kite for Blade? :roll: I honestly think this claiming your kites are superior to everyone else's will only backfire. If it is better at one thing then it will be worse at something else, most people appreciate that kite design these days is about finely balanced trade-offs NOT one kite being better than another.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:11 pm

If we are especially talking LW or ULW upwind ability.....
.... then many tube kites still will be ahead of FL 2013 :bye:

Size does matter...to milk low end...or to be really powered in true 8kn (7-8-9) max wind speed

Zeeko Notus ULW 21 m2.......Core Riot XR2LW 19m2....Ozone Edge LW 19m2....Dyno 18m2......

....Cabrinha Crossbow LW 18m2

So it is better to compare that kite to all the smaller 17m2 kites out there.....like V2 or V3...etc
....to test the upwind speed ability...or simply low end planing on beam reach

So keep your SUP...Foilboard...Wide Raceboard with dagger fins at home.....
...and test side by side with all those bigger kites...and you might end up in 6th place :wink:

............................ :surf: :pump: :sun: .......................................................................

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:40 pm

SupaEZ wrote:If we are especially talking LW or ULW upwind ability.....
.... then many tube kites still will be ahead of FL 2013 :bye:

Size does matter...to milk low end...or to be really powered in true 8kn (7-8-9) max wind speed

Zeeko Notus ULW 21 m2.......Core Riot XR2LW 19m2....Ozone Edge LW 19m2....Dyno 18m2......

....Cabrinha Crossbow LW 18m2

So it is better to compare that kite to all the smaller 17m2 kites out there.....like V2 or V3...etc
....to test the upwind speed ability...or simply low end planing on beam reach

So keep your SUP...Foilboard...Wide Raceboard with dagger fins at home.....
...and test side by side with all those bigger kites...and you might end up in 6th place :wink:

............................ :surf: :pump: :sun: .......................................................................
+1
But ... Supa... probably meant to say "ability to stay upwind" rather than "upwind ability"...?
Two different meanings.
"Ability to stay upwind" = kite generating enough power for the rider to not drift off downwind.
"Upwind ability" = kite's ability to go upwind. i.e. Kites with a shallower luff curve can point higher than kites with a deep luff curve.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:39 pm

Pump me up wrote:
+1
But ... Supa... probably meant to say "ability to stay upwind" rather than "upwind ability"...?
Two different meanings.
"Ability to stay upwind" = kite generating enough power for the rider to not drift off downwind.
"Upwind ability" = kite's ability to go upwind. i.e. Kites with a shallower luff curve can point higher than kites with a deep luff curve.
YES :thanx: I surely meant ABILITY...... :thumb:

....because there are so many smaller size LW kites.........
....claiming to generate enough power for the rider to not drift off downwind................
....some of those SIZE challenged kites .....
....even end up right on the beach sand in onshore LW tests (7-8-9kn max)...
....in real side by side conditions

.............. :cheers: :dance: :mosh: :advise: :strong: :cooltext: :bravo: :happybirthday: :surf: ........

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:02 pm

:desperado: :desperado: :dontpanic: :happybirthday: :happybirthday:

fdvj
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: lancing
Style: freeride
Gear: naish nobile
Been thanked: 0

Postby fdvj » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:01 pm

Ok you love your big kite, you think it is better than all the other big kites, we don't care what you think about your kite, your ego won't let you accept that you are actually rather dull.
Just thought I would clear that up for you.
:stop: :stop: :stop: :stop: :spam: :stop:

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:26 pm

pls test it against the Dyno 2011 in 18...and compare lift and hangtime besides low end...would be interesting for me.

And turns slower? always good! :thumb:

PS: for those smiley guys: you need to drink more alcohol...your finger is so nervous, that you clicked on the same smiley way too many times...

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:10 am

I think everyones opinion of light wind is different. Im in san diego.Lite wind to us here is 13mph and below with holes of 8mph everywhere. Ive flown the 1st version of the infinity and it didnt even compare to my 14m Nemesis. I struggled to even stay up wind rather than go upwind. The jumps were big but every time I jumped it just meant further for me to walk back up wind. Im still curious about the Edge and Dyno. Whatever makes you happy right ?

Return to “Kitesurfing”