Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

One Pump System in all kites should disappear!

Forum for kitesurfers
Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: One Pump System in all kites should disappear!

Postby Flight Time » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:44 am

TheJoe wrote:
Flight Time wrote:No, pretty much all those reasons are illogical with modern one-pumps, which coincidentally, is why all modern kites are one pumps, save for ones that have logical reasons for not being so, such as ultra light wind models.
You know some people have their own reasons for not wanting a one pump. Ok so here is mine lets see if you think I'm being illogical you small minded self serving twit that thinks he knows what is best for everyone else. And that goes for all you lazy asses that think just because it saves you time that no one out there should dare disagree with you. How dare someone have another opinion!!!!

I ride hard my kite crashes hard! One pump has far more points of failure actually twice as many points to be exact. Matter of fact I had 4 failures last spring with a brand new kite. Like I said I ride hard. I bet most of the people that don't want the one pump have the same riding style as I do. I'm fortunate that my local spot is shallow and I can walk in if I have a failure. I would hate to swim in with a fully deflated kite. Oh get this those clips don't hold in the kinds of crashes I put my kite thru.

Oh get this I all so fly C kites you know the ones that are for the hardcore blah blah whatever. If that is the case then why do they have one pump? I don't know I don't care I just want the option to have both. I'm not going to set here and tell everyone else they should abandon one pump. Do I think that yes but its your dollar buy what you want. Just don't insult myself or others for actually understanding how large of a safety hazard it truly is.

And while I'm at it stop being a bunch of pussies with panties all jammed up your va-jay-jays because some one might want something different then you.
Maybe some anger issues? :lol:

I think it might not be a coincidence that that rant was your 666th post, Satan!

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Skyway Bridge North
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:52 am

Oh, and it is virtually impossible to crash the kite so hard that you simultaneously blow out all the pinched strut tubes, unless you crash it into a passing jet's engine intake. And for that matter, your spot is shallow water, so if you did pass the kite through a jet engine, you could simply walk to shore.

In any case, stick with the few remaining kites that don't have the one pump, until they stop offering it, which is an eventuality. We wouldn't want your blood pressure running this high all the time...

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:05 pm

Flight Time wrote: ...
:lol:

I think it might not be a coincidence that that rant was your 666th post, Satan!
UAH -- NO it Wasn't ; it was # 667 , calm down Dude , it just a simple discussion
about something that doesn't matter !!

I was almost booted from the RC helicopter forum yesterday ; i realized
i was in a Bad Mood cause i hadn't Kited yet this year. Go Figure ...

Bille

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Skyway Bridge North
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:23 pm

Bille wrote:
Flight Time wrote: ...
:lol:

UAH -- NO it Wasn't ; it was # 667
Damn it, he must have posted something else as I was typing the message, because it was definitely 666. Oh well! :lol:

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Postby DrLightWind » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:07 pm

Kitesurf Vacation wrote:One Pump Systems works ok when the kite is new, then if you have a problem on the bladders, struts, leaking valves or leading edge, is more complicated to repair them. Especially the Octopus System from Naish.

They should do it as in the beginning of kitesurfing, the struts separated from the leading edge. Is not a big deal to pump one strut by one. Keep the kites simple!!

Why they still do it like that? marketing campains? Any other reason apart from pumping it 'faster'?

Jaime
It's a market and convenience factor :lol:
Go back and do some research on Eric's Ovando in 2009 ("5thliner")
so than you'll see from a creditable technical & reliability point of view,
why he was agains and hated the "One Pump System :?:
And you'll see why that many whiners wanted that convenience :argue:

The only excuse is the Strutless Cloud: the True "One Pump System"
since it has only the Leading Edge to pump and takes no time to :pump: :bravo:

DrLW

PS: Get back soon with a test result
Attachments
17m Strutless Cloud.jpg

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:49 pm

Question for you Doc LW
The wingtips of the cloud are inflated or battens ?
In your opinion could they build a 21m2 version of that smallish (in my opinion where i kite) 17m2 ?

True one pump indeed :pump:

The Zeeko Notus ULW 21m2 is not a one pump per definition (LE air flow enters struts as you pump)

It is a 4 individual pumps :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: which might please many ULW kiters

That is what makes it very light (6% less than SP3 21 as you know) and so efficient in ULW

I found a dealer in Canada who sells them complete brand new for $1900 w/no tax ship to USA

He gets them from France in about one week time

What they have now available is 2012 models....this summer 2013 will be released

Can someone just make up a complete list of all 2012-2013 kites out there that are not one pump..
...to help the original poster see all the choices available

................................. :D ......................................................................................

waynepjh
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone edges and c4
Brand Affiliation: Ozone team rider

Postby waynepjh » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:57 pm

6 years on ozone kites with one pump system. I kite over 200 days a year and have never had a problem. Because of that this post seems silly. I think you should change brands or take better care of your kites. It would suck to have problems like that. :jump:

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:03 pm

DrLightWind wrote:Go back and do some research on Eric's Ovando in 2009 ("5thliner")
so than you'll see from a creditable technical & reliability point of view,
why he was agains and hated the "One Pump System :?:
Yeah, and that's why he is no more in the kiting business...
:wink:

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro

Postby TheJoe » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:43 pm

Flight Time wrote:Oh, and it is virtually impossible to crash the kite so hard that you simultaneously blow out all the pinched strut tubes, unless you crash it into a passing jet's engine intake. And for that matter, your spot is shallow water, so if you did pass the kite through a jet engine, you could simply walk to shore.

In any case, stick with the few remaining kites that don't have the one pump, until they stop offering it, which is an eventuality. We wouldn't want your blood pressure running this high all the time...
I would set here and argue with you but I'm not. It seems your fine with throwing out insults to people but cant take them your self. I understand really everyone who kites does it in the same conditions and same way as you and could never ever have anything happen differently than what you have experienced.

I am a changed man now. I will love one pumps and forget of the failures I have had with them. I must have imagined it all because you said they are impossible to achieve.

stakas
Frequent Poster

Postby stakas » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:00 pm

I vote against one-pump.
Especially the stupidest Octopus system.
That would be the easiest to have a choice there. Just let me have the same kite with nice individual bladders. I am a customer I wanna have my choice!

Return to “Kitesurfing”