Frequent Poster
Local Beach: not telling
Favorite Beaches: So far: Santa Cruz, Pismo, Hood River
Style: lil this ... lil dat
Gear: The one that flies and floats
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Switch Method V2

Postby pixelpedro » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:39 pm

Very cool, I can't wait to get my hands on 'em, unfortunately I haven't even gotten spam on my ads (lol), so I'm patiently waiting, not in a rush since I like my V1s. and working on some modifications to the bridals (Thanks Bill) to lighten up the BP on the 12, the 9m feels perfect.

I wonder if they're overpriced, both 12/9m for $750 no bar, what do you think? got them back in June, but don't have that many sessions, 9 only been out twice.

Advice?

Tnx.

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby naishdude » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:50 am

pixelpedro wrote:Very cool, I can't wait to get my hands on 'em, unfortunately I haven't even gotten spam on my ads (lol), so I'm patiently waiting, not in a rush since I like my V1s. and working on some modifications to the bridals (Thanks Bill) to lighten up the BP on the 12, the 9m feels perfect.

I wonder if they're overpriced, both 12/9m for $750 no bar, what do you think? got them back in June, but don't have that many sessions, 9 only been out twice.

Advice?

Tnx.
oops..my 9m is complete, with new pump and new leash, new installed original depowerline and mini 5th for 621$ ( 460€)
have no idea how the prices are in your warehouse etc..
dude :cool2:

pixelpedro
Frequent Poster

Postby pixelpedro » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:34 pm

I'm sorry I don't understand, do u think my kites are overpriced? $750 for 2 kites, bags, repair kit, and a pump if buyer pays the extra weight and bulkiness in the shipping.

Granted the 9m has a small repair on the LE.

Tnx in advanced.

shaper
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: Switch
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby shaper » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:40 am

sledrat wrote:So lighter bar pressure than the original method and a little more stable at the edge of the window is what I'm reading? I remember those being 2 traits that were brought up here when the original kite came out. Sizing still the same as the first version?
I'm a teamrider so not entirely unbiased but here is my take.

I have thus far only flown the 9m. Yes the bar pressure is lighter than the V1, not what I'd call light (i.e. Element or Reo) but definitely lighter and personally I don't find it heavy, I'd say somewhere between the V1 and the current model Element. Turning pressure though is definitely down on what it was and it seams to me that it is faster turning also (kinda hard to put my finger on whether it really is that much faster or whether the lighter turning pressure is just tricking me into thinking I've given less input). I'd say it is also a little more direct that the V1 in the bar feeling and turning. WAY more stable especially on the edge of the window, maybe even give the element a run for it's money but the interesting thing is it has retained the good points of the V1 (I can't yet find a place where I preffer the V1) still has the powered turn still has the smooth power delivery through the bar stroke maybe even slightly smoother and still excellent upwind, drift is still good and maybe even slightly improved though it'd only be small. Relaunch doesn't feel much different to the V1 to me, very good.

But basically yeah if you tried the V1's and didn't like the bar pressure or the stability at the edge of the window but liked everything else then it'd be worth chasing up your local teamrider for a demo as it'll probably surprise you with the improvements.

I posted a review on the Switch forum which basically says the same it's here

http://switchkites.com/headquarters/for ... f=5&t=2082

Hope thats some use to you

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby naishdude » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:55 pm

pixelpedro wrote:I'm sorry I don't understand, do u think my kites are overpriced? $750 for 2 kites, bags, repair kit, and a pump if buyer pays the extra weight and bulkiness in the shipping.

Granted the 9m has a small repair on the LE.

Tnx in advanced.
sorry my mistake, misunderstanding, l thought price was per kite... :roll:
Nice deal for the kiter who grabs this offer!

Dude :cool2:
Last edited by naishdude on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

pixelpedro
Frequent Poster

Postby pixelpedro » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:30 pm

K cool. I'm trying to be fair priced. Tnx

Return to “Kitesurfing”