Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish draft vid.... bullshit.

Forum for kitesurfers
Aummm
Medium Poster
Style: Old
Gear: Cabrinha, Ozone Kites, NO STRUTLESS!
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Naish draft vid.... bullshit.

Postby Aummm » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:14 pm

jbdc wrote: Indeed the YouTube clock for Diez13's video counts just under 9 seconds. But similarly, the Vimeo clock on the Naish posted video counts 14.
So now we know it's bullshit for real :thumb:
tautologies wrote:
pjhardie wrote:Hi guys - we just got the first batch of Naish Drafts in and I have been out testing them out over the last couple of days. Check out the full review here: http://www.realwatersports.com/2014-naish-draft-kite.
Nice. Just what I would expect from the kite. Did you guys ever ride the charger? How does it compare?
Compare to what :?: But if you're asking VS Cabrinha Velocity Race kite;
Velocity has better speed, better upwind leg, float and boosting what you'll see soon :wink:
So there is nothing special here what hasn't been done by other brands, because it has to do a lot with the rider :oops:
Because some of you are so blindfolded and pimping certain brands that there is no hope to see the reality :lol:

Maybe Naish should a been staying with their patented Zig-Zag wing to make that work and to be proud of,
instead of copying everybody else's recent ideas into their draft, what nobody can deny :argue:

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:34 pm

pjhardie wrote:Hi guys - we just got the first batch of Naish Drafts in and I have been out testing them out over the last couple of days. Check out the full review here: http://www.realwatersports.com/2014-naish-draft-kite.
Hi mate.

So this kite has high bar pressure and you like that? Why? I don't get it...
After 2 hours kiting on a new kite you know where the kite is.
Is there a micro hook option?

Cheers
Caesar 8)

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:28 pm

Aummm wrote:
jbdc wrote: Indeed the YouTube clock for Diez13's video counts just under 9 seconds. But similarly, the Vimeo clock on the Naish posted video counts 14.
So now we know it's bullshit for real :thumb:
tautologies wrote:
Nice. Just what I would expect from the kite. Did you guys ever ride the charger? How does it compare?
Compare to what :?: But if you're asking VS Cabrinha Velocity Race kite;
Velocity has better speed, better upwind leg, float and boosting what you'll see soon :wink:
So there is nothing special here what hasn't been done by other brands, because it has to do a lot with the rider :oops:
Because some of you are so blindfolded and pimping certain brands that there is no hope to see the reality :lol:

Maybe Naish should a been staying with their patented Zig-Zag wing to make that work and to be proud of,
instead of copying everybody else's recent ideas into their draft, what nobody can deny :argue:
Cheesus dude. Compared to the charger kite. Their last race kite.
:D
Last edited by tautologies on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:22 pm

Caesar wrote:
Hi mate.

So this kite has high bar pressure and you like that? Why? I don't get it...
After 2 hours kiting on a new kite you know where the kite is.
Is there a micro hook option?

Cheers
Caesar 8)
Real man kite with bar pressure ;-)

I think in 2013 no bar has a microloop option.

But I do hope in 2014 more bars will have...I guess you will sell more bars :-)

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:35 am

Yep, bar pressure lets you feel where the kite is, even if it's not at full tension in the lines. Now sometimes it's absurd, to the point that you can't unhook for fear of the kite simply ripping your arms off, leaving you bleeding heavily in deep, shark-infested water... :lol:

I prefer a nice medium pressure. Nothing worse than a vague feeling about where the kite is if you aren't looking at it. I have flown some kites like that, with very little tension in the rear lines, and they tend to not pay attention to your input in some situations, and if you are't looking at it, you can't tell if it's at 1 o'clock or 2.

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Caesar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:29 pm

Flight Time wrote:Yep, bar pressure lets you feel where the kite is, even if it's not at full tension in the lines. Now sometimes it's absurd, to the point that you can't unhook for fear of the kite simply ripping your arms off, leaving you bleeding heavily in deep, shark-infested water... :lol:...
I prefer the least possible bar pressure (of course still feeling tension in the lines). Coming from wake boarding and then having a big fat earlier Crossbow with very heavy bar pressure, the results were shoulder surgery.
I don't know what is so funny with that fear of unhooking a kite with heavy bar pressure. Go and unhook a 2008 12m Crossbow. You might be on the surgery table soon too and then will stop making jokes about it.

Cheers
Caesar
shoulder_surgery1.JPG
shoulder_surgery1.JPG (47.03 KiB) Viewed 2749 times

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:23 pm

Flight Time wrote:Yep, bar pressure lets you feel where the kite is, even if it's not at full tension in the lines. Now sometimes it's absurd, to the point that you can't unhook for fear of the kite simply ripping your arms off, leaving you bleeding heavily in deep, shark-infested water... :lol:

I prefer a nice medium pressure. Nothing worse than a vague feeling about where the kite is if you aren't looking at it. I have flown some kites like that, with very little tension in the rear lines, and they tend to not pay attention to your input in some situations, and if you are't looking at it, you can't tell if it's at 1 o'clock or 2.
Bar pressure is the same on all kites when you unhook

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Caesar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:37 pm

tautologies wrote:Bar pressure is the same on all kites when you unhook
So? You just re-defined science...

lander
Frequent Poster

Postby lander » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:46 pm

The barpressure is NOT the same on all kites when you unhook!

If a kite has a heavy barpressure when hooked, and it takes a lot of effort to turn the kite - then when you unhook, it still takes a lot of pressure to turn the kite.

And the crossbow is one of the kites that really pulls. Some like it, some dont. I guess if you are a lighter rider you dont want this pull and would prefere a kite with another profile and shape?

In fact I dont even think it is easier to feel where the kite is, if the bar pressure is high. Then nomatter where the kite is in the window it just pulls. A precise bar feeling let you feel the kite. Also no pulleys in the bridle help with this feeling. Eg. with Slingshot and Ozone you still feel the kite with ease.

I look forward to test the draft, as Naish has been really good at making a nice and precise barfeeling with a medium to light pressure - and now the draft without pulleys as well. Damm I wish it was IKA registred...

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:57 pm

Caesar wrote:
tautologies wrote:Bar pressure is the same on all kites when you unhook
So? You just re-defined science...
I'm curious. How do you figure?

Lets just agree that bar pressure is the pull you feel in the bar at some sheeting position at a given point in the sky.

Once you unhook you are holding the front lines, and the bar pull becomes the full might of the kite. Barpressure will always be lower than that pull, and so it becomes irrelevant.

My point is that with the kite at a given position, you sheet the bar and feel pressure from the kite. Once you unhook, the kites pull is all in your hands. Kites might behave different in how they fly but that is not the same as the pull you have on the backline in a hooked position.

Lander: Not to many turn the kite unhooked though, unless you loop the kite.

For a final pedantry. If I managed to redefine science by my statement, then I am pretty well off actually. :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”